Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Sorry, should've been more clear. I was talking about BBT. ^^^^^

I like "Bald Shane" as a potential signer though.
I prefer your earlier idea of "Walker Shane"
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I prefer your earlier idea of "Walker Shane"
What they should do is make a case hit auto of Shane as a Walker and Sophia as a Walker. Number them W1 & W2 then continue the trend by making auto cards of anyone who was turned into a Walker for future releases.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #78 (permalink)

Two new wardrobe pieces that will be going into The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards.

Looks like Glen's shirt and I think if you read carefully, the note on the jacket says "Shane when he died"

I'm excited for this set !!!

Exclusive Comic Con Trading Card Event | Cryptozoic Entertainment

Autopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
What they should do is make a case hit auto of Shane as a Walker and Sophia as a Walker. Number them W1 & W2 then continue the trend by making auto cards of anyone who was turned into a Walker for future releases.
Yes.. I like this idea very much. A Shane walker autograph would be fantastic. I also think they should add an extra sketch in the cases. Make them a little easier to pull at 1:6 boxes. I'm already drooling at the thought of a Shane Walker Sketch card.
HoopsieDoopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsieDoopsie View Post
Yes.. I like this idea very much. A Shane walker autograph would be fantastic. I also think they should add an extra sketch in the cases. Make them a little easier to pull at 1:6 boxes. I'm already drooling at the thought of a Shane Walker Sketch card.
I completely agree, but I wouldn't like the idea of going to something like one per box like they did with the comic series. I love chasing sketches but if they are too abundant they aren't worth very much (but then again I could buy more of them lol).
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #81 (permalink)

i picked up the new non sports update mag today ( for the walking dead season 2 promo card ) . looks like there going for over cover price on ebay already . i should go back to the store tomorrow and buy the rest of them so i can flip them . is this something i should flip right away ? or hold onto for a bit ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #82 (permalink)

Its a free promo card from a mass produced magazine. So id say you should put it up on ebay asap. The longer you wait, the less it'll be worth.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:50 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Its a free promo card from a mass produced magazine. So id say you should put it up on ebay asap. The longer you wait, the less it'll be worth.
but still kind of rare ? all the magazine shops nearby usualy always only get like 4 or 5 of them .
Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #84 (permalink)

You can also get the back issues at their website Non-Sport Update Magazine

I bought the P1 from season 1 and the P2 from the comic cards for about half the price they were going for on eBay.
Autopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #85 (permalink)

Keep in mind while the walker auto idea is great alot of the actors have final approval over the images used. Ive seen several killer shane sketches that were shot down by the actor because he didnt like the way his nose looked.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Keep in mind while the walker auto idea is great alot of the actors have final approval over the images used. Ive seen several killer shane sketches that were shot down by the actor because he didnt like the way his nose looked.
Interesting...........
Old 07-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
but still kind of rare ? all the magazine shops nearby usualy always only get like 4 or 5 of them .
Why do you buy non-sports cards if you know nothing about non-sports cards?

Sound familiar?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
I've heard that with the sketches (Sarah Wayne Callies must be super nice/not want to hurt anyone's feelings because she didn't mind approving a bunch of sketches that bear no resemblance to her at all) but I don't see any reason why anyone would turn down an actual picture from a scene in the show (if they do have any control over the design/picture choice of the autograph/wardrobe card).
Old 07-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopilot View Post
You can also get the back issues at their website Non-Sport Update Magazine

I bought the P1 from season 1 and the P2 from the comic cards for about half the price they were going for on eBay.
yeah, well im just going to hold onto these for a while. the season one card is the one that is going for profit.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Why do you buy non-sports cards if you know nothing about non-sports cards?

Sound familiar?
i think i may know just a little bit more about non sports cards the you know about the sport of mma .... just a little bit
Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i think i may know just a little bit more about non sports cards the you know about the sport of mma .... just a little bit
You're right about MMA, my interest in sweaty man rubbing each other on a mat is only piqued when I read the results on SI.com.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #92 (permalink)

Any idea when BO might have the Presell up? Potential Price? How fast till it sells out? I was not in the loop for the 1st season but I would like to get in the game for this one. Thanks in advance.
Kodiak10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #93 (permalink)

im wondering the same . i may want a couple more cases
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #94 (permalink)

I was told today that my 2 case order (pre-placed months ago) will be cut to 18 boxes...at least it is not as drastic as the cuts on the comic series. I found it quite interesting that they already had a percentage for me though.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #95 (permalink)

I have 3 cases coming from solar. They gave me a 100% guarantee that ill receive my entire order. They also said that if my entire order is not available, theyll go buy them elsewhere, so i do get all 3 cases, at no additional cost to me. Fingers crossed.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
I have 3 cases coming from solar. They gave me a 100% guarantee that ill receive my entire order. They also said that if my entire order is not available, theyll go buy them elsewhere, so i do get all 3 cases, at no additional cost to me. Fingers crossed.
I've also got a case coming from Solar, hopefully I get all of it.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #97 (permalink)

Does anyone have any idea when Cryptozoic will reveal what autographs and wardrobes will be apart of this set? For some reason, I was thinking it was around this time last year when they revealed what Season 1 would have, unless I'm wrong.

Anyways, hopefully the sooner the better...
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #98 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I was told today that my 2 case order (pre-placed months ago) will be cut to 18 boxes...at least it is not as drastic as the cuts on the comic series. I found it quite interesting that they already had a percentage for me though.
That makes no sense - they are speculating as no one knows their allocations til aug 31. weird.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Just saw it as well...love the ending of the preview! Interesting twist on the way Michonne & Governor meet.
I'm anxious to see how they handle issue #33 in the TV series. Gruesome isn't harsh enough to describe what happens in the comic.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I'm anxious to see how they handle issue #33 in the TV series. Gruesome isn't harsh enough to describe what happens in the comic.
more then likely they wont be able to duplicate it or even come close, even though it comes on at sunday night