Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #1101 (permalink)
Banned

Lame....

First big mis-step for this release.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #1102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Lame....

Far from it. Not only do you get a badge piece you now get 2 additional pieces of uniform. Fantastic idea
Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #1103 (permalink)

Quote:
Lame....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsJayhawks View Post
Far from it. Not only do you get a badge piece you now get 2 additional pieces of uniform. Fantastic idea
Sorry, but I have to agree with Madbacker on this one. I was looking forward to a big announcement, and after seeing the super chase the first thing that went through my mind was "That's what we've been waiting for??? I hope there is something else in addition to these cards".

It would have been much better to make regular size patch cards like the Season 1 Rick patches, so that it would have been a matched set. And then also have a couple of other redemption items.

I also am not a fan of the design, I had to look the card over multiple times to find the patch... and that's not a good sign, since the patch was the only thing I was trying to find.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #1104 (permalink)

Would have been icing on the cake to have had Bernthal sign the card, but it does look amazing. I feel like they maybe should have gone with a picture of Shane with a shaved head because that goes with the theme of how he transformed in season 2, but like I said, the card looks amazing.

If that is the /20 or /25 redemption, can we hope for at least one 1/1? Man I'm getting excited to see the rest of the set.

edit: I guess I'm one of the few that likes it lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #1105 (permalink)

I would have rather seen it be Rick and not Shane. I agree with Madbacker, if I pull this its an immediate sell. The relic autos in BBT look so great, wish they had those in this set too.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #1106 (permalink)

Well, I didn't really want the last season redemption... this one isn't that bad though. I think it's neat to see them do multiple pieces like that. I'm not really upset about it though... but I can understand why some people would be.

I'm still happy with the series to this point, can't wait to finish out my S1 set with the Holden autos and hopefully get a good chunk out of the S2 master set.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #1107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I would have rather seen it be Rick and not Shane. I agree with Madbacker, if I pull this its an immediate sell. The relic autos in BBT look so great, wish they had those in this set too.
The article says it will be /20 or /25, how do you know there aren't any 1/1s left to announce? I mean I have no idea lol but I'm hoping.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #1108 (permalink)
Banned

Oversized cards jumped the shark in 1998 after Don West/Home Shopping Network were done selling them.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #1109 (permalink)

True t2554, but this was the big announcement. I think if there was a bigger announcement like a 1/1 they would have mentioned it. As for the card itself it is not so bad but I agree autographing it would have been a lot better. I see the other two sets with autograph memorabilia and I am sort of jealous of those sets. I can say though I am still excited for this set and the announcement of Laurie Holden A3 & A4 being included in the release has me a lot more pumped than this redemption. Although I am still holding out for two other great signers from S2 to be added. I can say overall it looks like a nice card but I'd be more inclined to sell it than keep as part of my pc.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #1110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
The article says it will be /20 or /25, how do you know there aren't any 1/1s left to announce? I mean I have no idea lol but I'm hoping.
I'm speaking only to the Shane card, never said anything about other cards numbered to xx/xx. The BBT cards they announced should have been made for this set too. Those cards will do nicely, especially the Penny one.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #1111 (permalink)

Lighten up guys, this is a hobby. Just something to pass the time. Relax and enjoy it.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #1112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'm speaking only to the Shane card, never said anything about other cards numbered to xx/xx. The BBT cards they announced should have been made for this set too. Those cards will do nicely, especially the Penny one.
I agree, they do look great (same as the Vampire Diaries ones). I wonder if autographed memorabilia cards was something they only decided to start doing after TWD season 2 cards were well into development.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #1113 (permalink)

Looks like there will also be dual wardrobe cards as regular inserts according to post on Cryptozoics blog

Philly Non-Sport Card Show: Sunday | Cryptozoic Entertainment
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #1114 (permalink)

Dual wardrobes sound awesome to me. The first series wardrobe cards were well done and I'm not losing any confidence in their abilities for the second one.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1115 (permalink)

^^^^^agree 100%!!!
Texas Brave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #1116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltiger7 View Post
Looks like there will also be dual wardrobe cards as regular inserts according to post on Cryptozoics blog

Philly Non-Sport Card Show: Sunday | Cryptozoic Entertainment
Quote:
Collectors can also look forward to a plethora of single and dual Wardrobe cards randomly inserted into the packs.
This looks like they will have single and dual memorabilia for this set as well after all. This should make building the master set interesting. I am sure they came up with the autograph/memorabilia combo AFTER they produced this set, so I believe this will be a feature of S3 release next year. I hope they give previews of these new wardrobe cards. I guess they still haven't received the last couple of autographs since they aren't announcing them. I can't see how Lauren Cohan could return the Vampire Diary cards and not TWD cards, so that brings into question did she sign for S2.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #1117 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Sorry, but I have to agree with Madbacker on this one. I was looking forward to a big announcement, and after seeing the super chase the first thing that went through my mind was "That's what we've been waiting for??? I hope there is something else in addition to these cards".

It would have been much better to make regular size patch cards like the Season 1 Rick patches, so that it would have been a matched set. And then also have a couple of other redemption items.

I also am not a fan of the design, I had to look the card over multiple times to find the patch... and that's not a good sign, since the patch was the only thing I was trying to find.
This is exactly what they should've done. And used the remaining items for regular wardrobe cards.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #1118 (permalink)

Quote:
This is exactly what they should've done. And used the remaining items for regular wardrobe cards.
Who is to say they didn't? There is a patch on both arms, I would think each could easily produce 20-25 swatches
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #1119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Who is to say they didn't? There is a patch on both arms, I would think each could easily produce 20-25 swatches
Seeing as how the Rick badge only yielded 18 pieces, I would think 25 would be overly aggressive.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #1120 (permalink)

Do you see how small the cut out for the badge piece is? Not nearly as large as Ricks from S1 that was on a normal sized card.

Look at the word SINCE on the swatch compared to the overall size of the badge pictured to the left right next to it, very small fraction. I could see 20-25 cuts being realistic.

Plus there is a patch on BOTH shoulders.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-21-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #1121 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Do you see how small the cut out for the badge piece is? Not nearly as large as Ricks from S1 that was on a normal sized card.

Look at the word SINCE on the swatch compared to the overall size of the badge pictured to the left right next to it, very small fraction. I could see 20-25 cuts being realistic.

Plus there is a patch on BOTH shoulders.
I would guess that this Triple card is limited to 50. Also, keep in mind that this card is twice the size of a standard trading card, so while the window looks small, it'll actually be much larger in person. Plus, we all know that the mock-up has the swatch size too small. "Since" barely fit into the window of the Rick badge. If you were going to make a card to match the Rick Badge (in design and swatch size), then 18 is your number.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #1122 (permalink)
Banned

Also, can we get a release date? I have had a good chunk of cash held up on my down payments.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #1123 (permalink)

Quite honestly, I'm just happy getting a redemption possibility at all. So many other sets have been dead on arrival this year, I'm just happy that we get one. But who am I kidding, I won't pull one. lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #1124 (permalink)

I guess we won't be hearing of a release date until they get the last signers cards back. Although I do wonder what their cut off date is for getting them back before they HAVE to start getting everything together for release. I am sure that the final release date would be December 14th just like last year. I certainly hope that we don't go each year with holes in our sets due to actors/actresses not returning their cards and have to wait until the following years release to hope we pull what we have been waiting for to finish off our master sets.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #1125 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Quite honestly, I'm just happy getting a redemption possibility at all. So many other sets have been dead on arrival this year, I'm just happy that we get one. But who am I kidding, I won't pull one. lol.
You'll pull one......good vibes coming at ya!