Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #1126 (permalink)

I appreciate it backer.

Personally I've never had an oversized card, so I don't mind it. I do find that they added another badge cool, but can appreciate them not wanting to do it exactly like last season.

I'm just praying for: W.D. Season 3 redemption: Michone's sword. lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #1127 (permalink)

what were people expecting a redemption for dinner with a cast member of there choice ? thats a cool card , i would love to get one. still realy excited about the release
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #1128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
what were people expecting a redemption for dinner with a cast member of there choice ? thats a cool card , i would love to get one. still realy excited about the release
The card is cool but I just don't like oversized cards. Never really have. That's my only beef. You have a Sheriff's patch for Shane, make a badge for him like you did with Rick last year.

I'm OCD. I like everything uniform and would've really like to have seen the same, horizontal design for the autos (maybe just a different background color).

You really like oversized cards or you don't, it's just personal preference.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #1129 (permalink)
Banned

I am extremely happy with CZE. I think that there is integrity behind their products, in that, if they say it's part of Rick's shirt then you can take it to the bank that it is, indeed, a piece of Rick's shirt.

Those of you who have never dabbled in sports cards, take this for granted. And, for those of you who have experience in the sports side of things, you know that this "event" worn stuff is getting old. And now there's reports left and right of fraudulent sellers, when they get busted, telling everyone that the companies are knowingly buying stuff that is not game worn and presenting is as "Game Worn".

That's where my pessimism comes from. Years, upon years of inferior, expensive products has jaded me. So, forgive me and just know where I am coming from.

Let's take this discussion another direction.....

What do you think this redemption will sell for?

I'll go $600-$800.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #1130 (permalink)

I like that ball park pricing maybe a bit lower. $450-$600.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #1131 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I like that ball park pricing maybe a bit lower. $450-$600.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are signed and CZE is just not letting that cat out of the bag. If I hit one, I'm definitely going to redeem it to see what I get.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #1132 (permalink)

It would be pretty neat to see a booklet type format swatches and autograph
Old 10-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #1133 (permalink)

I prefer oversized cards, that's why I like the Movie Poster sets Breygent did so much. The presentation at the larger scale looks awesome.

I don't feel manufacturers do enough with box toppers. These are perfect for oversized cards.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #1134 (permalink)

While I like the auto cards... after looking at them this morning I really did prefer the horizontal ones they did last year. For some reason I just liked the look a lot better... I get they're going for a different style this time around with the color and the layout.

Really wondering what these wardrobes are gonna look like though, when you get into multiple characters on one card I feel like they get cluttered pretty fast. The Avengers cards had that feel to them, while they were able to make it look respectable I'm just eager to see them.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #1135 (permalink)

I want super oversized cards that won't fit in my house and I have to build a special structure outside just to house and protect them with sophisticated security systems, complete with red lasers, smoke, zappers, alarms and metal pokey prod things that will impale you if you try and steal my 10' by 6' Urkle autographed cardigan relic monster oversized trading slab.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #1136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I want super oversized cards that won't fit in my house and I have to build a special structure outside just to house and protect them with sophisticated security systems, complete with red lasers, smoke, zappers, alarms and metal pokey prod things that will impale you if you try and steal my 10' by 6' Urkle autographed cardigan relic monster oversized trading slab.
There's always Season 3.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #1137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
While I like the auto cards... after looking at them this morning I really did prefer the horizontal ones they did last year. For some reason I just liked the look a lot better... I get they're going for a different style this time around with the color and the layout.

Really wondering what these wardrobes are gonna look like though, when you get into multiple characters on one card I feel like they get cluttered pretty fast. The Avengers cards had that feel to them, while they were able to make it look respectable I'm just eager to see them.
I understand that feeling about dual/multi memorabilia cards being cluttered. One thing I think would look good would be to use one picture/scene that has both characters pictured and put the memorabilia on either side of the card (versus splitting the card in half or in quarters like the Avengers did). I imagine it would look much cleaner (and cooler) that way.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #1138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I understand that feeling about dual/multi memorabilia cards being cluttered. One thing I think would look good would be to use one picture/scene that has both characters pictured and put the memorabilia on either side of the card (versus splitting the card in half or in quarters like the Avengers did). I imagine it would look much cleaner (and cooler) that way.
Completely agreed, if you can link the wardrobe to a specific scene then I'm totally on board with that. If it's just two random characters on the same card then that doesn't really hold all that much with me.

Now if we did Dale & Mud Walker on the same wardrobe... I'd be up for that.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #1139 (permalink)

I got a verbal release date from DACW today for Season 2 cards - October 31, 2012. Hopefully it's not pushed up further than that!
Danni1185 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #1140 (permalink)

Vertical autographs and horizontal wardrobes, annoying?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #1141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
I got a verbal release date from DACW today for Season 2 cards - October 31, 2012. Hopefully it's not pushed up further than that!
9 days? Not going to happen. We are still waiting on at least two signers to return their cards, per Cryptozoic they upload scans of the cards as they get them back. Late November or early December is more realistic.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #1142 (permalink)

Quote:
9 days? Not going to happen. We are still waiting on at least two signers to return their cards, per Cryptozoic they upload scans of the cards as they get them back. Late November or early December is more realistic.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. But he said that was the current release date and they will have boxes and cases for sell at that time on their site, but no more pre-sells before then.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #1143 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree... I don't see how this can come out that quickly especially given the fact that we've been told there's still signers in the mix. I mean they ran into the same problem with S1 but I'd assume if it were barely a week before the release that a lot more people would have heard about it by now. I mean I give a lot of credit here to people who buy multiple cases from multiple distributors and I'm sure someone would have found out by now.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #1144 (permalink)

I was just passing along what I was told today. I'd be surprised if they did actually release this month myself.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #1145 (permalink)

For what its worth, I was told today November 9th by my LCS owner and that was of Saturday Morning. He was putting in my order today. Just passing the info along.

Last edited by Kodiak10; 10-22-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #1146 (permalink)

Interesting. 2 days in 2 posts haha!

I hope that one of you is right, but I don't think that the estimates will pan out, at least not the first one.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #1147 (permalink)
Banned

I am perfectly fine with Auto redemption cards as long as you receive the actual cards in a decent amount of time.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #1148 (permalink)

There is a picture of a dual wardrobe card along with a new sketch on the banner of cryptozoics trading card page.

Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #1149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltiger7 View Post
There is a picture of a dual wardrobe card along with a new sketch on the banner of cryptozoics trading card page.

Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment
Thanks for posting this, I've checked the website a few times today but somehow didn't see this lol.

I think the dual looks great, nice large pictures and not a lot of background filler. Nice design overall imo.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #1150 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Thanks for posting this, I've checked the website a few times today but somehow didn't see this lol.

I think the dual looks great, nice large pictures and not a lot of background filler. Nice design overall imo.
I agree. Release date? Obviously everything's done except for the missing autos. Throw some redemption cards in there or make the missing autos a wrapper redemption.