Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #101 (permalink)

What was issue #33...the scene with Michonne and the Governor?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #102 (permalink)

Anyone have a clue when Blowout may start taking preorders on this stuff?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #103 (permalink)

I preordered 6 cases of this. I really really hope the order gets filled completely.

Benjamin Franklin
ThatBostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #104 (permalink)

I'm not saying anyone in particular is doing this but it kinda sucks when people buy multiple cases just to resell when a guy like me just wants a few boxes because I actually collect it. I hope I can get some at a decent price point like when I got my four boxes of the original set. If it comes out at over $100 I'm going to have to sit on the sidelines for this one. It just sucks, I hope Blowout or other reputable places start taking orders so I can at least have an idea what the boxes might come out at.

Last edited by Brobocop; 08-01-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Clarification reasons
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'm not saying anyone in particular is doing this but it kinda sucks when people buy multiple cases just to resell when a guy like me just wants a few boxes because I actually collect it. I hope I can get some at a decent price point like when I got my four boxes of the original set. If it comes out at over $100 I'm going to have to sit on the sidelines for this one. It just sucks, I hope Blowout or other reputable places start taking orders so I can at least have an idea what the boxes might come out at.
That's always been the case in our hobby, just that most publishers over produce... In this case, you had the opportunity to make deals with some of these guys to get boxes for $60 not too long ago.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
That's always been the case in our hobby, just that most publishers over produce... In this case, you had the opportunity to make deals with some of these guys to get boxes for $60 not too long ago.
I guess I just read these boards too much and don't know who to trust with money that far in advance. Hence why I am waiting for places like Blowout to go live with it. I completely understand that that's how it is, and hey the people buying multiple cases are taking the biggest risk so they should be rewarded if this does go up like Season 1 did. I just am holding out hope that I can get a few boxes at the Season 1 price of $70-80. Pipe dreams probably, but can't lost hope.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess I just read these boards too much and don't know who to trust with money that far in advance. Hence why I am waiting for places like Blowout to go live with it. I completely understand that that's how it is, and hey the people buying multiple cases are taking the biggest risk so they should be rewarded if this does go up like Season 1 did. I just am holding out hope that I can get a few boxes at the Season 1 price of $70-80. Pipe dreams probably, but can't lost hope.
I know exactly what you mean. I can't afford to buy a bunch of cases, I can only buy a few boxes at a time. But on the other hand these bulk buyers put a lot of singles on the market that I never seem lucky enough to pull myself (like redemptions and nice sketches).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #108 (permalink)

Bah! I know I shouldn't have posted about my preorder as I jinxed myself. My entire order was cancelled. Laaaamme.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #109 (permalink)

I might have been able to get one case from my LCS. But that's for me, myself and I. I love this show and it's only going to get better I think. I just hope that there are some more big names to sign for this one like a Rick, Lori or Hershel.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBostonGuy View Post
Bah! I know I shouldn't have posted about my preorder as I jinxed myself. My entire order was cancelled. Laaaamme.
Where did you order them from?
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltiger7 View Post
Where did you order them from?
I ordered them from westfield comics.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Perhaps not for this series, but in the future, keep an eye out for the guys who buy multiple cases to sell loose boxes. You may do a search here and see if you can pick up some: Non Sports Card Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
What was issue #33...the scene with Michonne and the Governor?
Yeah, when she goes Medieval on his azz..
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #114 (permalink)

Wow... I hope my case doesn't get canceled... I'm nervous as hell about that. At least Solar Fly Cards has a guarantee on it... but I'm still worried I'm gonna get that e-mail before the release.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #115 (permalink)

Preview of the Walking Dead Season 2 set here:
A Glimpse at The Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment
mgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeo View Post
Some nice info. a bummer some of the wardrobes will be plain white tshirts and white tank tops. Also those sketches are amazing.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeo View Post
Sophia's shirt will make for some good variants. And those sketch cards are fantastic! Really lookinig forward to this set.
Good to see you here at the blowout forums George. Look forward to more updates.
buckycap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #118 (permalink)

They really brought out the big guns on the sketches: Glebe bro's, Shay, and that C.Hall sketch is awesome!
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #119 (permalink)

I want every one of those character sketches! Very few good ones from Season 1 showed up on ebay (I did miss out on 2-3 nice but expensive Rick sketches though) so I guess I'll have to be prepared to spend for these ones. Here's to hoping for more character sketches in this set.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the update, I hope they release the signers soon.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #121 (permalink)

I wonder if sketches will be one per case like Series 1 was. God I cannot wait till I can preorder some of this stuff through Blowout.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #122 (permalink)

So far, my pre order count is 3 cases and 12 binders. All Guaranteed
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #123 (permalink)

Anyone else thinking that it's going to be until December when we actually see any cases?

I know a lot of you said the first season went that way and I'm just getting eager to get my first case
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #124 (permalink)

Those sketch cards are AMAZING and are going to be worth a small fortune in the sketch-world.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Anyone else thinking that it's going to be until December when we actually see any cases?

I know a lot of you said the first season went that way and I'm just getting eager to get my first case
I remember getting some boxes in the fall right before the new season started so I hope it doesn't get delayed until December. I think most places are afraid to take preorders on this since it's going to be in super high demand and relatively low supply. Some other websites are taking preorders and even have pictures of what the box will look like. I just find it funny that Blowout is taking orders on BBT 3&4 while Crypotozic hasn't even added a page to their website for this release. I'm still betting that Walking Dead comes out next month some time.