Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #1251 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbrian View Post
ok back on the things that matter..

So if I come across a box what's a reasonable price that I should be paying? I am so late on this but oh well lol. I would like to get some value in return but i am a fan of the show so it's not like I will be ripping to be flipping. I saw some on ebay the other day going for around 140 but i thought that was kinda high?
Buy it now at $140 or for $200+ when it hits.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #1252 (permalink)

You guys all need to stop the in house fighting. lol, although I agree with Ted, it is somewhat entertaining. I went and read my first basketball thread, and there was more fighting than here tho lol.

I'm not at all sure why it's delayed till Dec quite honestly, except perhaps the printers end of things? I know crypto was shooting for the 9th, then the 20th of Nov. So, instead we get: Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory 3/4, Batman AND Castle all being released in December?? C'mon Miranda, we know you're reading this. Have it come out on Black Friday
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #1253 (permalink)
Banned

What's the delay? They got Cohan for Vampire Diaries but not for WD? And Lintz only returned the "human" version of the card but not the "zombie" version?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #1254 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
You guys all need to stop the in house fighting. lol, although I agree with Ted, it is somewhat entertaining. I went and read my first basketball thread, and there was more fighting than here tho lol.

I'm not at all sure why it's delayed till Dec quite honestly, except perhaps the printers end of things? I know crypto was shooting for the 9th, then the 20th of Nov. So, instead we get: Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory 3/4, Batman AND Castle all being released in December?? C'mon Miranda, we know you're reading this. Have it come out on Black Friday
I think there will be Walking Dead and Batman in December and Big Bang in the new year just like last time

Last edited by Portlaw; 10-31-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #1255 (permalink)

So the line-up is looking....

A01 - Andrew Lincon
A02 - Jon Bernthal
A03 - Jeffrey DeMunn
A04 - Steven Yeun
A05 - Norman Reedus
A06 - Melissa McBride
A07 - Madison Lintz
A08 - Madison Lintz (Walker)
A09 - Lauren Cohan
A10 - Scott Wilson
A11 - IronE Singleton
A12 - Greg Nicotero
A13 - Laurie Holden
A14 - Sarah Wayne Callies

Thanks for being on the ball with the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
What's the delay? They got Cohan for Vampire Diaries but not for WD? And Lintz only returned the "human" version of the card but not the "zombie" version?
That is what I am thinking. I think the walker version of Lintz may have been a last minute decision possibly? Why a walker version of Lintz and not a walker version of Shane in the signature cards?

Weak that there are only two signature cards of S2 cast members. Possibly a S2 signer fell through.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #1256 (permalink)

Who knows, maybe Cryptozoic will surprise us and release it before December? Maybe the ninth date isn't as crazy as it seems? How awesome would that be? A Festivus miracle!
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #1257 (permalink)

Who knows this morning at 11 AM was when we got the update that release was pushed to December from Cryptozoic.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #1258 (permalink)
Banned

A Shane Walker auto should be a 288 pack redemption.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #1259 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Who knows, maybe Cryptozoic will surprise us and release it before December? Maybe the ninth date isn't as crazy as it seems? How awesome would that be? A Festivus miracle!
Dude, you crack me up.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #1260 (permalink)

We have to have a airing of grievances first, who wants to start?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #1261 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
We have to have a airing of grievances first, who wants to start?
I think that the constant "pushing back" of the release has everyone annoyed because we know how smoking awesome this set will be.

With all auto and costumes ready to go, the Nov 16 release could be feasible.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #1262 (permalink)

A Sophia walker card but no Shane walker card?

Only two new character S2 signers?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #1263 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post

It looks like they did a good job on the autograph selection and the wardrobe cards look nice also.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #1264 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
It looks like they did a good job on the autograph selection and the wardrobe cards look nice also.
Wasn't saying they didn't do a job on the autographs or that the wardrobes didn't look nice.

Just think the Sophia Walker Autograph card was an after thought or they were possibly forced into it because of issues with another signer. Just doesn't make sense to have a walker card for her and not one for Shane a much more important character I believe.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-31-2012 at 10:32 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #1265 (permalink)

Quote:
Wasn't saying they didn't do a job on the autographs or that the wardrobes didn't look nice.
I know, I was just saying that the set looks awesome
Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #1266 (permalink)

Quote:

It is strange. In my opinion it gives some strength to the argument that the Sophia walker could have been a late add to make up for an actor that didn't get their cards back to them (someone just made that point in a post earlier). Add to the fact that Crypto is only doing one card per actor this set besides her. And financially speaking, getting Madison Lintz to sign another batch of cards would be far cheaper then getting Bernthal to, I am sure.

I know they want to get as much of the main group as possible to be part of each new set, but I would be willing to sacrifice having another Glenn/T-Dog/(dare I say Reedus?) auto in S3 if it means making room for more new signers.

Dang, already thinking about the S3 set lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #1267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
It is strange. In my opinion it gives some strength to the argument that the Sophia walker could have been a late add to make up for an actor that didn't get their cards back to them (someone just made that point in a post earlier). Add to the fact that Crypto is only doing one card per actor this set besides her. And financially speaking, getting Madison Lintz to sign another batch of cards would be far cheaper then getting Bernthal to, I am sure.

I know they want to get as much of the main group as possible to be part of each new set, but I would be willing to sacrifice having another Glenn/T-Dog/(dare I say Reedus?) auto in S3 if it means making room for more new signers.

Dang, already thinking about the S3 set lol.
Yeah I posted that a few posts back, I am willing to put money on it being Emily Kinney (as Beth Greene) who did not return cards or a deal fell through. I understand from a business perspective of cost having Lintz signing another card other than Bernthal but it doesn't seem right. Pushing the release to add Berthnal walker card as A15? Would anyone be upset if it was Chandler Riggs they added?

I would not sacrifice Reedus, he was a huge hit in S1 and may be SP'd again here in S2. I would sacrifice the other two though but I am sure as long as Glenn and Maggie are together their signature cards will be as well. I foresee T-Dogg not making the S3 set though. Michonne, The Governor, and Merle will be added to S3.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 10-31-2012 at 10:57 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #1268 (permalink)

Quote:
I think that the constant "pushing back" of the release has everyone annoyed because we know how smoking awesome this set will be.

With all auto and costumes ready to go, the Nov 16 release could be feasible.
how the heck would you know ? you dont work there . you need to calm down . it will come out soon.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #1269 (permalink)

Quote:
Agree. To me, November - February is Winter. I've got $2000 tied up in down payments.

Let's go already. I'm excited about the product but I'm equally concerned about getting this money re-couped.
how many times are you gona say the same thing ? you know what you could be in for when you pre book a card product .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #1270 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
how many times are you gona say the same thing ? you know what you could be in for when you pre book a card product .
Banana Hammock ^^^^^^^
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #1271 (permalink)

Here ya go: More Info on The Walking Dead Season 2 Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #1272 (permalink)

Nice--this would be a cool redemption:

Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #1273 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Nice--this would be a cool redemption:

I'm not crazy about the fact that these are the exact same thing that was given away at SDCC, and they just had them sign a few more to throw in the set.

But then again, it is an added, unexpected bonus. Not Rick badge level obviously, but better than not being in the set I guess.

Interesting to note that there will be retail packs too, another way to feed the fix lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1274 (permalink)

Did they say that Season Three cards should be out by the end of 2014? If so that might be the ultimate CYA right there.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #1275 (permalink)
Banned

Did I read that S3 is due the end of 2014? Is that a typo?

Great info, thanks.