Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #1301 (permalink)
Banned

"Completion" is in the eye of the collector. I would not consider 1/1s to be part of any Master set. You have to be able to "reasonably" acquire each card.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #1302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
"Completion" is in the eye of the collector. I would not consider 1/1s to be part of any Master set. You have to be able to "reasonably" acquire each card.
Reasonably is quite broad though, sketches were one per case that can be reasonable for those who have the money or will. Although reasonably if there is a chance for it to be pulled that can be reasonable enough and therefore included as part of the master. I do agree that completion is in the eye of the collector.

On another note,

Wasn't there someone else that said if the Laurie Holden's were not released in S1 they were not part of the S1 set but as a part of the set they were released in?

I will have to go back and find this...

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 11-01-2012 at 02:00 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #1303 (permalink)
Banned

I'm not going to argue the point as it is clearly a jealousy issue because I have a badge and others don't.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #1304 (permalink)

So S3 cards will come out in the middle of S5? :b
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #1305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
So S3 cards will come out in the middle of S5? :b
Looks like it, unless that was a typo. Also, they seemed to be weighing their options on that timeline. I don't see it to be fitting because it seems like their other timelines have fallen by the wayside.

Quote:
I'm not going to argue the point as it is clearly a jealousy issue because I have a badge and others don't.
No jealously at all just the logic must apply to all cards not just the ones you happened to have pulled.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #1306 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, so why did you correct the guy saying there were only 205 or 206 master sets possible. Maybe he doesn't consider the badge redemption part of the master set, just like you are now backtracking and saying the 1/1s aren't. It is very reasonable to acquire a sketch from each artist, so how do you not consider those part of a master set? And there are only 2 true 1/1s. I would think that as long as they were pulled (which both have been), it would be reasonable to acquire them, as long as you are willing to spend the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Wasn't there someone else that said if the Laurie Holden's were not released in S1 they were not part of the S1 set?

I will have to go back and find this...
Yep, I remember someone saying that as well.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 11-01-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #1307 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like it, unless that was a typo. Also, they seemed to be weighing their options on that timeline. I don't see it to be fitting because it seems like their other timelines have fallen by the wayside.

No jealously at all just the logic must apply to all cards not just the ones you happened to have pulled.
It was a typo. The person who conducted the interview just stated so over on NSU

Logic? With this guy? Good luck

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 11-01-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #1308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
It was a typo. The person who conducted the interview just stated so over on NSU
That is good news, I will count on December 14, 2013 then.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #1309 (permalink)

The glen/Maggie dual auto IS a redemption being added to this product. It was an exclusive at comic con this past July, and they held some back as a bonus redemption.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #1310 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
The glen/Maggie dual auto IS a redemption being added to this product. It was an exclusive at comic con this past July, and they held some back as a bonus redemption.
Whew, I missed a few things lol. Sorry. According to Cryptozoic a "few" extra...
Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #1311 (permalink)

Ahh, I see. Thanks guys, had to dig around a bit before I found information regarding the release, but happy I double-checked now. Carry on with the cat fighting.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #1312 (permalink)

I just read that article, it states "Season 3 cards due end of 2013". Was it edited from 2014??

What do you guys think of the "retail" packs? I think unfortunately many will be searched, as it's pretty easy to detect the costume/relic cards. Otherwise I think it's smart for them to target more people.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #1313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I just read that article, it states "Season 3 cards due end of 2013". Was it edited from 2014??

What do you guys think of the "retail" packs? I think unfortunately many will be searched, as it's pretty easy to detect the costume/relic cards. Otherwise I think it's smart for them to target more people.
Glad to see that there will atleast be some place to find packs at retail prices. Hopefully the "pack searchers" won't be able to search the autos from the retail packs. Wonder how much costume "hot packs" will sell for on eBay?
buckycap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #1314 (permalink)

Hot packs are a myth on feebay.

Yes 2013 is the date for S3, 2014 was a typo.

Think about it though only 68,000 retail packs across the U.S.? Not many Walmarts and Targets will get product. Retail I am sure will be $3.50 a pack and with no guarantees of finding anything. I will be to my local stores to buy up packs though.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #1315 (permalink)

Interesting. I wonder how the odds will fall in retail by comparison? My retail stores are pack-searched to Hell and back, though, so... Moot point for me, I guess.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #1316 (permalink)

Maybe they'll go the blaster route
Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #1317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Maybe they'll go the blaster route
That's a great idea. Pack searchers can't search sealed boxes of packs.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #1318 (permalink)

Hopefully they go that route. We shall see if more info comes out, most likely we will see on release day.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #1319 (permalink)

Be prepared to hit the Targets and Walmarts on the day before and day of release. Some get stocked the day before release while some get stocked on the actual release day. I've seen this happen with some Topps and Uppder Deck releases this year.

Last edited by buckycap; 11-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1320 (permalink)

I plan on checking the 24 hour stores that night, they usually put them out a bit early or you can talk them into it.

Thanks for cleaning this thread up a bit.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #1321 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I plan on checking the 24 hour stores that night, they usually put them out a bit early or you can talk them into it.

Thanks for cleaning this thread up a bit.
Bryan and I have called a truce.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #1322 (permalink)

Thank you guys.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #1323 (permalink)

Anyone interested in doing another "group draft/break" for this? I think it would be pretty fun.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #1324 (permalink)

Quote:
While each piece is certainly a 1/1, I would consider a sketch from each artist as part of a true master set, seeing as how each artist drew more than one total. It's really no different than having one of each autograph signer. You can argue semantics, but technically each auto is a 1/1 since each is individually signed and no two are exactly alike.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #1325 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Ok. I was upset at first with the news of a retail version. It can really water down a product is over produced. But after running the numbers I think the retail is going to be extremely hard to find.
68,000 packs= 2833 (24) Pack boxes or 1888 (36) pack boxes. Or even 8500 blasters would only be a few per store
Either way with the number of Wal-mart/Target stores there are in the country that only breaks down to a couple boxes per store if spread out even.
With this being said I do not think it will affect the sales of Hobby and if the Auto odds are like many retail non-sports products it will be 1:86 or even 100+ packs to pull an auto.
With inflated hobby prices you are still better off paying $150 for hobby and guaranteeing an auto and 2 wardrobe plus a shot at a sketch.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote