Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #1401 (permalink)
Banned

I was kind of hoping that the Shadowbox cards would feature memorable walkers.

- Well Walker
- Killed Dale because Carl thought he was a bad dude Walker
- Sophia & Shane Walkers
- Randall Walker
- Otis bait getting eaten by walkers
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #1402 (permalink)

So what would be considred the top hit in the set?
dkrp456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #1403 (permalink)

Release date is set in December. Just like S1.

A top hit would be one of the two redemptions.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #1404 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrp456 View Post
So what would be considred the top hit in the set?
Serial's correct, 1 of the 2 set's of redemptions will most likely be the top hit. BUT I think some sketches could fetch a lot, if sold right away. Plus Rick's auto will be in big demand, and probably Lori's.

That leads me to this question guys. So, Rick's auto no doubt will be the highest priced auto. Do you think Reedus's will be second, or possibly Lori's? I'm just basing this as Reedus's is still fetching upwards of $300. Just curious what you all think? And I apologize if this was discussed, as I did miss some pages, when all the e-fighting was going on lol.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 11-08-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #1405 (permalink)

Yeah Sketches will be a big hit as well I agree Cujo.

As for the second highest priced auto I think it will be Norman Reedus more so than Sarah Wayne Callies. He plays a very popular character in Daryl Dixon can't say the same for same for Lori Grimes.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #1406 (permalink)

Those sketches look amazing!!!!
Texas Brave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #1407 (permalink)

I would think the season 1 autos of Andrea would fetch a good amount too.
buckycap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #1408 (permalink)

Yes they will without question, but from this set which will have the top price tags.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #1409 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Yes they will without question, but from this set which will have the top price tags.
I would say the triple wardrobe redemption. The Yeun/Cohan dual is nice but a lot of those exact same cards were signed and given away at SDCC for free. Maybe I'm in the minority but the triple wardrobe is far more desirable.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #1410 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
The Yeun/Cohan dual is nice but a lot of those exact same cards were signed and given away at SDCC for free.
Define "a lot." I can't find any completed listings on Ebay. These may be more rare/popular than you think, and who knows, Cryptozoic cold have added a unique stamp or something to specify that it came from a Series 2 box.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #1411 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Define "a lot." I can't find any completed listings on Ebay. These may be more rare/popular than you think, and who knows, Cryptozoic cold have added a unique stamp or something to specify that it came from a Series 2 box.
I agree with Ted. I've been looking for one on ebay since the San Diego Comic Con, and not one has popped up for sale. People say "a lot were given out", yet crypt reps are stating "very few". So which is it?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1412 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
There were some sold on eBay after SDCC in July. Those won't show up in completed listings now as it would be over 3 months.
I'd say several hundred were passed out at the Cryptozoic store at SDCC the day the Yeun and Cohen signed. The people working the store had stacks of the cards that they were passing out. Though you had to be at the store 2 differant times to get both signatures. They weren't signing at the same time. I've still got mine from the signing.
I'm sure Crypto will do something differant to the card. The pic on their site makes the card look like it's got a matted border which the cards from SDCC didn't have. I'm sure there will be something put on the back of the cards to as I thnk the SDCC Cards were blank on the back.

Last edited by buckycap; 11-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #1413 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I agree with Ted. I've been looking for one on ebay since the San Diego Comic Con, and not one has popped up for sale. People say "a lot were given out", yet crypt reps are stating "very few". So which is it?
I know atleast 3 were sold on eBay right after SDCC. My wife had got one signed by Yeun only and when she saw that one had sold on eBay she put her's on eBay since I had a dual signed one. I know other popped up right after that.
Must were personalized though.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #1414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
There were some sold on eBay after SDCC in July. Those won't show up in completed listings now as it would be over 3 months.
I'd say several hundred were passed out at the Cryptozoic store at SDCC the day the Yeun and Cohen signed. The people working the store had stacks of the cards that they were passing out. Though you had to be at the store 2 differant times to get both signatures. They weren't signing at the same time. I've still got mine from the signing.
I'm sure Crypto will do something differant to the card. The pic on their site makes the card look like it's got a matted border which the cards from SDCC didn't have. I'm sure there will be something put on the back of the cards to as I thnk the SDCC Cards were blank on the back.
Thank you for posting this. I wasn't there so I couldn't say for sure how many they signed but I know I saw pics from the event with stacks of those pictures for them to sign. I think they signed a few hours apart but I know there are pictures from the signing out there.

Here is a video I found from both of their signings showing the long lines and a pile of the cards (yes I know they probably ALL weren't signed, but to those of you thinking there weren't that many signed were wrong. I'm sure there are a bit fewer of the pics with both of them signed though.):

The Walking Dead Cast Signing - YouTube!

Seems like you guys think I am dissing the dual auto (I would love to have it) but I was just comparing it to the triple wardrobe in terms of what I think the values would be.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #1415 (permalink)

Great info, I'd much rather have the Shane redemption between the two. The one in the packs for the dual auto I am sure will be different from those signed at the store along with the Cryptozoic Hologram on the back.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #1416 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Seems like you guys think I am dissing the dual auto (I would love to have it) but I was just comparing it to the triple wardrobe in terms of what I think the values would be.
Thanks for the video. It kind of looked like there were maybe 100-150 at each signing, so you're looking at roughly 300 available at SDCC. I'd bet that only half of those were signed by both actors.

I know you weren't dissing the auto (what WD fan WOULDN'T want one?), but I really think these will be more desirable than the triple relics. Hopefully we'll find out soon.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #1417 (permalink)

Am I foolish to still hope for a Black Friday surprise from crypto? lol.

Thanks for that info.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #1418 (permalink)

ATTENTION

Walking Dead Series II Boxes are now on sale on Cryptozoics website for $84 while they last!!! being they are on sale at the website I see this product going live next week...let's hope

Trading Cards

Just ordered (3) boxes and glad I was able to get them at MSRP rather than all the ridiculous prices on ebay
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #1419 (permalink)

I have noticed that there is a 2 box limit of this on the Cryptozoic website. Is this for real or just another website oversight and my order will be cancelled? I just saw the above post. I ordered 6 boxes at first and then read that if more than 2 were ordered that the order would be cancelled.
Lbacall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1420 (permalink)

Please be advised that all orders are limited to 2 boxes per household. Orders, even if you try to break it up into multiple orders, for more than two boxes to any shipping/billing address will be canceled. There is a very limited quantity available, and this is to be fair to as many folks as possible.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1421 (permalink)

Miranda, my order went through for a full case. So....site hiccuping??

Thanks Bader for the info! Guess I'm getting 2 boxes!

Last edited by Cujobyte; 11-08-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #1422 (permalink)

Thanks just seen that submitted another order as it does say orders more than 2 will be cancelled...kinda flawed imo
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #1423 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Miranda, my order went through for a full case. So....site hiccuping??
No, You will be able to place orders for greater quantities, but if you actually want your order processed you must observe the 2 box limit. We are working on a better commerce system, but until that time orders will be policed as we receive them. If you mistakenly placed an order for more than two boxes, and go back to place an order for 2 boxes, we will cancel your order for more than two boxes, and honor your order for 2 boxes.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #1424 (permalink)

My 2 orders for 2 and 6 boxes have already taken the money from my bank account so they definitely both went through. I am guessing a refund will be coming although I certainly wouldn't have minded getting them all.
Lbacall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #1425 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
No, You will be able to place orders for greater quantities, but if you actually want your order processed you must observe the 2 box limit. We are working on a better commerce system, but until that time orders will be policed as we receive them. If you mistakenly placed an order for more than two boxes, and go back to place an order for 2 boxes, we will cancel your order for more than two boxes, and honor your order for 2 boxes.
AWESOME! - that's me, guess I should have read the details