Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #1826 (permalink)

I was able to pick up two more full cases. Hopefully I wasn't getting bulled about the availability.

Benjamin Franklin
ThatBostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #1827 (permalink)

Damn - everyone is getting two more cases. lol
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #1828 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Damn - everyone is getting two more cases. lol
I'll sell you mine! $5,000

Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #1829 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBostonGuy View Post
I'll sell you mine! $5,000
Sweet! Sounds like a deal! lol
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #1830 (permalink)

Just got my tracking number for my cases should be here Friday....OH YEA
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #1831 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerturtle View Post
Just got my tracking number for my cases should be here Friday....OH YEA
Where did you order them from? Friday is early.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1832 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBostonGuy View Post
Where did you order them from? Friday is early.
Here's a guess: Junior comics in Austin? I'm curious as well tho. I know Henry's sold to quite a few boardies.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #1833 (permalink)

Has anyone checked their status of the boxes ordered from Cryptozoic? I just looked and mine says Processing. I would not be shocked to see people get this product before the 10th. Maybe they gave us a date to shut us up about not having a firm date in hand.

I just saw this as the bottom of my order as well:

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.

Last edited by Brobocop; 12-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #1834 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Here's a guess: Junior comics in Austin? I'm curious as well tho. I know Henry's sold to quite a few boardies.
I don't think Henry is going to ship out any cases/boxes early. I ordered from him and have kept in constant contact since I placed my order and he assured me that he wouldn't be shipping before the street release date. Not sure if that applies to everyone but that's what he told me.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #1835 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Has anyone checked their status of the boxes ordered from Cryptozoic? I just looked and mine says Processing. I would not be shocked to see people get this product before the 10th. Maybe they gave us a date to shut us up about not having a firm date in hand.

I just saw this as the bottom of my order as well:

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.
I just looked at mine. My first order of 1 box shows shipped and it was picked up by FedEx yesterday. It listed today as a delivery date, I'm only about 90 miles Cryptos office, but FedEx tracking doesn't show anything but that it was picked up yesterday.
My second order of 1 box from last week is not showing up on my account page.

Correction mine does not say shipped yet. Danni1185 is probably right, labels were proably all printed yesterday with boxes going out later this week.

Last edited by buckycap; 12-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #1836 (permalink)

I also have tracking for my two boxes from CZE but no updates yet. I'm guessing they probably printed everyones labels and will be releasing them to ship in the next day or two. Mine just says info was sent to FedEx. Not picked up yet... I cannot wait to open these!!
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #1837 (permalink)

So, we talked about "retail" packs previously in this thread. And we all know that retail packs will have a lot worse odds. Has anyone found these odds tho? Just curious. Like 1 per 72 packs for auto, etc?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #1838 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So, we talked about "retail" packs previously in this thread. And we all know that retail packs will have a lot worse odds. Has anyone found these odds tho? Just curious. Like 1 per 72 packs for auto, etc?
I would put auto odds in the thousands.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #1839 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't seen anything about retail odds, but my thinking is that they would be double the hobby odds. 1 costume card per box would kinda make sense. The big question will be the autograph odds... will they be like UD's Thor and Captain America, where the odds were something crazy like 1:1000 packs? Or 1 in every 2 or 3 boxes?
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #1840 (permalink)

It's tough to guess since Crypto has never had a retail release before. But if I were to guess I would say Wardrobe cards 1 out of 72 packs with Autos 1 out of 288 packs.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #1841 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
It's tough to guess since Crypto has never had a retail release before. But if I were to guess I would say Wardrobe cards 1 out of 72 packs with Autos 1 out of 288 packs.
Unfortunately, those people who stock shelves, or whoever those people are that sell those "hot" packs may grab all the costume cards.

Not to derail, but I honestly think those people should be taken off ebay. I've reported many, but none ever get taken down. Ok, sorry for the rant lol.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #1842 (permalink)

No odds have been stated yet for retail.

I will be checking numerous locations over the weekend to see if they have them in the back already.

Update: I was also guaranteed my order by December 10th. Binders were delayed.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #1843 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately, those people who stock shelves, or whoever those people are that sell those "hot" packs may grab all the costume cards.

Not to derail, but I honestly think those people should be taken off ebay. I've reported many, but none ever get taken down. Ok, sorry for the rant lol.
Those hot pack searchers will most definetly get all of the packs with the wardrobe cards but hopefully they won't be able to tell if it is a dual or single wardrobe and hopefully they won't be able to tell which packs have the autos. There's really nothing you can do about the hot pack sellers on eBay. Maybe someday card companies will only sell the booster boxes with 5 or 6 packs in them at the retail level and do away with selling packs at the retail level. I would think just selling booster boxes would cut back on the shoplifters too that throw packs in their pockets.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #1844 (permalink)

Paid extra...but will be receiving my case on Friday. Was told that I cannot post any images before Monday @ 11:59 PM EST. After that time, I can share all of my breaks. :-)
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #1845 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Paid extra...but will be receiving my case on Friday. Was told that I cannot post any images before Monday @ 11:59 PM EST. After that time, I can share all of my breaks. :-)
Good luck to you sir.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #1846 (permalink)

I was told the same thing, no images, but was told it is ok to speak about my break, so here it goes:

Ok here are my pros and cons of my case

Pros:
-One complete mini master set (including shadowbox), and additional complete sets of the Character Bio and puzzle inserts

-Costume set will be even more desirable, and valuable than season 1. The reason for this however is my only real con with the entire set (see below)

-Last year my case did not have a sketch, but I was taken care of by the amazing customer service at Crypto. This year, I got a sketch, so big pro in my book.

-Three boxes in my case had an extra hit, one an extra costume, and two with double costumes

-Had the best possible case when it comes to autos. Got a Season 1 Andrea, and the only autos I did not hit from season 2 were Andrea and the 2 versions of Sophia. Yep, I got Rick, Lori, and Daryl all in one case. As an autograph collector primarily, I could not be any happier.

Cons:
-Only one really, there is a walker costume card in every single box. This means two things, you will have 2, and sometimes 3 of each walker cards in a case, and more importantly, it will make the costume set VERY tough to put together.

I got a total of 13/26 non walker costumes in my case (not including the two duals), and seeing as I am sure that at least one or two of the regular character costumes will be SP like last year, I would guess that even with PERFECT collation a costume set will not be able to be made from just two cases. It'll be interesting to see what costumes are SP. Based simply on the size of the women on the show, I would guess any of their smaller shirt items. My money would defiantly be on Maggie's Green Tank Top, especially since there is a double costume and a regular version of it, its already a smaller piece of clothing I have to imagine either the double, or the single, or both versions will be SP.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #1847 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
I was told the same thing, no images, but was told it is ok to speak about my break, so here it goes:

Ok here are my pros and cons of my case

Pros:
-One complete mini master set (including shadowbox), and additional complete sets of the Character Bio and puzzle inserts

-Costume set will be even more desirable, and valuable than season 1. The reason for this however is my only real con with the entire set (see below)

-Last year my case did not have a sketch, but I was taken care of by the amazing customer service at Crypto. This year, I got a sketch, so big pro in my book.

-Three boxes in my case had an extra hit, one an extra costume, and two with double costumes

-Had the best possible case when it comes to autos. Got a Season 1 Andrea, and the only autos I did not hit from season 2 were Andrea and the 2 versions of Sophia. Yep, I got Rick, Lori, and Daryl all in one case. As an autograph collector primarily, I could not be any happier.

Cons:
-Only one really, there is a walker costume card in every single box. This means two things, you will have 2, and sometimes 3 of each walker cards in a case, and more importantly, it will make the costume set VERY tough to put together.

I got a total of 13/26 non walker costumes in my case (not including the two duals), and seeing as I am sure that at least one or two of the regular character costumes will be SP like last year, I would guess that even with PERFECT collation a costume set will not be able to be made from just two cases. It'll be interesting to see what costumes are SP. Based simply on the size of the women on the show, I would guess any of their smaller shirt items. My money would defiantly be on Maggie's Green Tank Top, especially since there is a double costume and a regular version of it, its already a smaller piece of clothing I have to imagine either the double, or the single, or both versions will be SP.
So the Andrea S1 autos are the box hit and not "in addition" to a S2 auto?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #1848 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
So the Andrea S1 autos are the box hit and "in addition" to a S2 auto?
Yep, the Andrea Season 1 auto was the only auto in the box it came in. I ended up with 11 season 2 autos, and an Andrea S1 A3 auto
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #1849 (permalink)

Who was the artist on your sketch?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #1850 (permalink)

Hayden Davis