Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #1901 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1mcjensen View Post
Wouldn't that be the same as pack searching?
Pretty much. Also a bit shady. Ive never opened Cryptozoic product before, but I have heard that there is a pattern to it. This might of changed with this release but if it hasnt I think it would be pretty crappy to release that info so people could Cherry Pick the so called boxes with the big hits.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #1902 (permalink)

Wow... why do we care about pack searching anyway? I mean as much as it sucks that people cherry pick it's not going to bring justice to anyone to raise a stink over it anyway.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #1903 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Make sure to list which box the cards came out of. Like: left top to bottom (1-6), right top to bottom (7-12). See if theres any patters that stand out.
Please don't. If there is a pattern, people who got cases could cherry pick the good stuff and sell off the other boxes.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #1904 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Wow... why do we care about pack searching anyway? I mean as much as it sucks that people cherry pick it's not going to bring justice to anyone to raise a stink over it anyway.
But you can get an idea of who to not buy from.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #1905 (permalink)

In my case, there was definitely a pattern, but I would never post here or tell anyone what it was. With how much even pack lots of season 1 sell for, it would be a shame if somewhere down the road people are cherry picking these boxes and then selling off the extra packs knowing there is nothing in them.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #1906 (permalink)

Without a doubt it is going on. Everyone has an angle...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #1907 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
In my case, there was definitely a pattern, but I would never post here or tell anyone what it was. With how much even pack lots of season 1 sell for, it would be a shame if somewhere down the road people are cherry picking these boxes and then selling off the extra packs knowing there is nothing in them.
Yes, it's ashame but sometimes patterns do come up. I at least noticed that for Big Bang Theory after breaking my two personal cases.

For all those loose packs on ebay, I would never think of an auto/relic being in there unfortunately. BUT you could possibly hit a redemption, but definitely not worth the $$ in my opinion.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 12-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #1908 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Yep. It's the reason I will only buy from the big retailers for loose boxes or packs, and can't believe people actually buy those pack lots.

And it is that hard for companies to not have a pattern with packing a 12 box case, even if it is an automated process?

Last edited by t2554; 12-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #1909 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Interesting...

No reason to put a date on them really.

Should have inserted them into S2 release...
The expiration date is to limit our liability. However, unless something comes up to prevent us from fulfilling the redemption cards, we will continue to fulfill the redemption cards.
These are Season 1 cards and will still be available to Season 1 customers. Obviously not every pack has been opened at this point (as we wouldn't be having this conversation), and those cards will be held aside for the customers that continue to purchase Season 1 product.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #1910 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
The expiration date is to limit our liability. However, unless something comes up to prevent us from fulfilling the redemption cards, we will continue to fulfill the redemption cards.
These are Season 1 cards and will still be available to Season 1 customers. Obviously not every pack has been opened at this point (as we wouldn't be having this conversation), and those cards will be held aside for the customers that continue to purchase Season 1 product.
Thats good to know!
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #1911 (permalink)

I'd equate their expiration date to what Art Box did with their Harry Potter ones. They were letting people redeem them long after the expiration date but stop honoring them once the contract was up.

Miranda, do you know when boxes ordered directly from Cryptozoic either shipped or will ship? I know there is a lot of confusion around here since people (myself included) were given a shipping number and a delivery estimate from FedEx.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1912 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'd equate their expiration date to what Art Box did with their Harry Potter ones. They were letting people redeem them long after the expiration date but stop honoring them once the contract was up.

Miranda, do you know when boxes ordered directly from Cryptozoic either shipped or will ship? I know there is a lot of confusion around here since people (myself included) were given a shipping number and a delivery estimate from FedEx.
We printed out a lot of the paperwork on Tuesday, and finished printing and prepping yesterday. The first wave of boxes went out today (for east coast and the eastern middle states). More will go out tomorrow for most of the rest of the US, and those withing a few miles of us will go out Monday AM.

We used estimated shipping times and some might get it a bit early, for questionable ones I erred on the long side figuring people would not mind to get it early, but be sad to get it late.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #1913 (permalink)

nice - so season 1 boxes/cases should hold value, if not go up .. unlike those other companies' stuff
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #1914 (permalink)

Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #1915 (permalink)

Quote:
Pack searcher......
Me, no. Im just curious thats all. Oh, and by the way, your still an #@#@#@#@#@#@#@.

Quote:
Ok fine. if you think im shady then why would i do this.

TO ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASES BOXES FROM ME: IF YOU DONT TRUST ME, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND ILL GLADLY REFUND YOU YOUR PAYMENT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GIVING ANY OF MY BUYERS THEIR $100-$112 BACK FOR A $150 BOX SOON TO BE $180-$200+ A BOX.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #1916 (permalink)

First off thank you for keeping us informed. Second do you have any info on retail? Or is it to early to say anything on it....
Thanks

Quote:
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
realricrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #1917 (permalink)

Quote:
Awesome news! Thank you for the info.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #1918 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Me, no. Im just curious thats all. Oh, and by the way, your still an #@#@#@#@#@#@#@.

Ok fine. if you think im shady then why would i do this.

TO ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASES BOXES FROM ME: IF YOU DONT TRUST ME, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND ILL GLADLY REFUND YOU YOUR PAYMENT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GIVING ANY OF MY BUYERS THEIR $100-$112 BACK FOR A $150 BOX SOON TO BE $180-$200+ A BOX.
You should know better than to ask someone to do that as it only serves one purpose.

I would never buy anything from you, EVER, after seeing that request.

Sorry, my terminology wasn't correct. You're a CASE searcher.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #1919 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
May I ask why there is no Shane Walker auto?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #1920 (permalink)

Guess it's time to go buy Season 2... Shane Walker... what... LOL.

Yeah, thanks for info, Miranda! Also very interested in any Retail info.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #1921 (permalink)

Quote:
You should know better than to ask someone to do that as it only serves one purpose.

I would never buy anything from you, EVER, after seeing that request.

Sorry, my terminology wasn't correct. You're a CASE searcher.
Nope, im really not. And as for the post i first made asking the guy to post the locations of what he pulls, curiosity got the better of me. I wrote it without realizing it had a double meaning to it. My intentions were innocent in nature. And this is the last time ill ever reply to one of your childish posts.

The Madbacker has now been added to my blocked list
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #1922 (permalink)

Quote:
If I had a nickle every time I heard someone say this......
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #1923 (permalink)

Getting info on the Retail packs would be awesome. Would love to know the odds of pulling an auto/wardrobe. Details on this Miranda?
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #1924 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Nope, im really not. And as for the post i first made asking the guy to post the locations of what he pulls, curiosity got the better of me. I wrote it without realizing it had a double meaning to it. My intentions were innocent in nature. And this is the last time ill ever reply to one of your childish posts.

You can't stay away, blocking is a baby move.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #1925 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Getting info on the Retail packs would be awesome. Would love to know the odds of pulling an auto/wardrobe. Details on this Miranda?
I believe that either Miranda or Scott has mentioned that hits in retail would be much more typical of what you see in any other retail product (approx 1:24 packs)
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote