Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #1901 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1mcjensen View Post
Wouldn't that be the same as pack searching?
Pretty much. Also a bit shady. Ive never opened Cryptozoic product before, but I have heard that there is a pattern to it. This might of changed with this release but if it hasnt I think it would be pretty crappy to release that info so people could Cherry Pick the so called boxes with the big hits.
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #1902 (permalink)
Member
 
durstlimpbizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 488
Default

Wow... why do we care about pack searching anyway? I mean as much as it sucks that people cherry pick it's not going to bring justice to anyone to raise a stink over it anyway.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #1903 (permalink)
Member
 
rambel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Make sure to list which box the cards came out of. Like: left top to bottom (1-6), right top to bottom (7-12). See if theres any patters that stand out.
Please don't. If there is a pattern, people who got cases could cherry pick the good stuff and sell off the other boxes.
__________________
Always looking for current Texas Rangers relics / Autos
rambel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #1904 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Wow... why do we care about pack searching anyway? I mean as much as it sucks that people cherry pick it's not going to bring justice to anyone to raise a stink over it anyway.
But you can get an idea of who to not buy from.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #1905 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,623
Default

In my case, there was definitely a pattern, but I would never post here or tell anyone what it was. With how much even pack lots of season 1 sell for, it would be a shame if somewhere down the road people are cherry picking these boxes and then selling off the extra packs knowing there is nothing in them.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #1906 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,755
Default

Without a doubt it is going on. Everyone has an angle...
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #1907 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
In my case, there was definitely a pattern, but I would never post here or tell anyone what it was. With how much even pack lots of season 1 sell for, it would be a shame if somewhere down the road people are cherry picking these boxes and then selling off the extra packs knowing there is nothing in them.
Yes, it's ashame but sometimes patterns do come up. I at least noticed that for Big Bang Theory after breaking my two personal cases.

For all those loose packs on ebay, I would never think of an auto/relic being in there unfortunately. BUT you could possibly hit a redemption, but definitely not worth the $$ in my opinion.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 12-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #1908 (permalink)
Member
 
t2554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
But you can get an idea of who to not buy from.
Yep. It's the reason I will only buy from the big retailers for loose boxes or packs, and can't believe people actually buy those pack lots.

And it is that hard for companies to not have a pattern with packing a 12 box case, even if it is an automated process?

Last edited by t2554; 12-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #1909 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Interesting...

No reason to put a date on them really.

Should have inserted them into S2 release...
The expiration date is to limit our liability. However, unless something comes up to prevent us from fulfilling the redemption cards, we will continue to fulfill the redemption cards.
These are Season 1 cards and will still be available to Season 1 customers. Obviously not every pack has been opened at this point (as we wouldn't be having this conversation), and those cards will be held aside for the customers that continue to purchase Season 1 product.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #1910 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
The expiration date is to limit our liability. However, unless something comes up to prevent us from fulfilling the redemption cards, we will continue to fulfill the redemption cards.
These are Season 1 cards and will still be available to Season 1 customers. Obviously not every pack has been opened at this point (as we wouldn't be having this conversation), and those cards will be held aside for the customers that continue to purchase Season 1 product.
Thats good to know!
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #1911 (permalink)
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,200
Default

I'd equate their expiration date to what Art Box did with their Harry Potter ones. They were letting people redeem them long after the expiration date but stop honoring them once the contract was up.

Miranda, do you know when boxes ordered directly from Cryptozoic either shipped or will ship? I know there is a lot of confusion around here since people (myself included) were given a shipping number and a delivery estimate from FedEx.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1912 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I'd equate their expiration date to what Art Box did with their Harry Potter ones. They were letting people redeem them long after the expiration date but stop honoring them once the contract was up.

Miranda, do you know when boxes ordered directly from Cryptozoic either shipped or will ship? I know there is a lot of confusion around here since people (myself included) were given a shipping number and a delivery estimate from FedEx.
We printed out a lot of the paperwork on Tuesday, and finished printing and prepping yesterday. The first wave of boxes went out today (for east coast and the eastern middle states). More will go out tomorrow for most of the rest of the US, and those withing a few miles of us will go out Monday AM.

We used estimated shipping times and some might get it a bit early, for questionable ones I erred on the long side figuring people would not mind to get it early, but be sad to get it late.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #1913 (permalink)
Member
 
ricksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: usa
Posts: 3,270
Default

nice - so season 1 boxes/cases should hold value, if not go up .. unlike those other companies' stuff
__________________
WTB/fs: GIFTCARDS |wwe champ AU |TVD s1 m10 |s2 A1 A7 |thor:dw dmq1 |SoA DM01 |Hobbit: serkis au
FT/s: SKETCHCARDS: http://cardbucket.blogspot.com | '14 Goal: sw HAMILL, PSP games/movies
NOW:8/23s: 2 BO to mail | DRAFT:WD PICK 2
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #1914 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 46
Default

Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #1915 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Pack searcher......
Me, no. Im just curious thats all. Oh, and by the way, your still an #@#@#@#@#@#@#@.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
But you can get an idea of who to not buy from.
Ok fine. if you think im shady then why would i do this.

TO ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASES BOXES FROM ME: IF YOU DONT TRUST ME, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND ILL GLADLY REFUND YOU YOUR PAYMENT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GIVING ANY OF MY BUYERS THEIR $100-$112 BACK FOR A $150 BOX SOON TO BE $180-$200+ A BOX.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #1916 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: McKinney Tx
Posts: 34
Default

First off thank you for keeping us informed. Second do you have any info on retail? Or is it to early to say anything on it....
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
realricrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #1917 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
Awesome news! Thank you for the info.
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #1918 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Me, no. Im just curious thats all. Oh, and by the way, your still an #@#@#@#@#@#@#@.

Ok fine. if you think im shady then why would i do this.

TO ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASES BOXES FROM ME: IF YOU DONT TRUST ME, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND ILL GLADLY REFUND YOU YOUR PAYMENT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GIVING ANY OF MY BUYERS THEIR $100-$112 BACK FOR A $150 BOX SOON TO BE $180-$200+ A BOX.
You should know better than to ask someone to do that as it only serves one purpose.

I would never buy anything from you, EVER, after seeing that request.

Sorry, my terminology wasn't correct. You're a CASE searcher.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #1919 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
May I ask why there is no Shane Walker auto?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #1920 (permalink)
Member
 
BHotz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 155
Default

Guess it's time to go buy Season 2... Shane Walker... what... LOL.

Yeah, thanks for info, Miranda! Also very interested in any Retail info.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #1921 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
You should know better than to ask someone to do that as it only serves one purpose.

I would never buy anything from you, EVER, after seeing that request.

Sorry, my terminology wasn't correct. You're a CASE searcher.
Nope, im really not. And as for the post i first made asking the guy to post the locations of what he pulls, curiosity got the better of me. I wrote it without realizing it had a double meaning to it. My intentions were innocent in nature. And this is the last time ill ever reply to one of your childish posts.

The Madbacker has now been added to my blocked list
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #1922 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
The Madbacker has now been added to my blocked list
If I had a nickle every time I heard someone say this......
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #1923 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 803
Default

Getting info on the Retail packs would be awesome. Would love to know the odds of pulling an auto/wardrobe. Details on this Miranda?
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #1924 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Nope, im really not. And as for the post i first made asking the guy to post the locations of what he pulls, curiosity got the better of me. I wrote it without realizing it had a double meaning to it. My intentions were innocent in nature. And this is the last time ill ever reply to one of your childish posts.

The Madbacker has now been added to my blocked list
You can't stay away, blocking is a baby move.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #1925 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Posts: 2,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Getting info on the Retail packs would be awesome. Would love to know the odds of pulling an auto/wardrobe. Details on this Miranda?
I believe that either Miranda or Scott has mentioned that hits in retail would be much more typical of what you see in any other retail product (approx 1:24 packs)
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cryptozoic, season, trading cards, walking dead

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/301194-cryptozoic-walking-dead-season-2-trading-cards-fall-2012-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic - Topic This thread Refback 11-19-2012 06:32 PM
Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic - Topic This thread Refback 11-19-2012 06:24 PM
Walking Dead Season 2 Trading Cards from Cryptozoic - Topic This thread Refback 11-19-2012 06:21 PM
Sarah Wayne Callies Autograph Card Confirmed! | Cryptozoic Entertainment This thread Refback 09-04-2012 03:42 PM
Sarah Wayne Callies Autograph Card Confirmed! | Cryptozoic Entertainment This thread Refback 09-04-2012 03:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.