Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #1926 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.
Miranda, I just wanted to thank you on behalf of the collectors out there. You and Scott go out of your way to give us information that no other companies even bother doing. It is much appreciated.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #1927 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
May I ask why there is no Shane Walker auto?
I'm not a huge fan of having multiple versions in a set. If you make enough of each version to have them accessible to collectors the total value for that actor's autograph goes way down. Or, collectors have an artificially inflated secondary marketing for the hard to find version, and just have to spend more money to complete their sets.

**If you haven't seen Season 2 there will be spoilers!**
Apart from that, Shane as a Walker didn't seem like a big enough event to make two versions (based on what I have to weigh two versions against listed above). Story-wise, he needed to die so that Rick could keep the group (and his family) safe. Shane's death also served to prove the information that Rick got from Dr. Jenner at the CDC about the reanimation process. Shane was a major enough character in Season 2, that had we cut the availability of each version in half, the price for the actor's autograph likely would have really increased. Our collectors have a difficult time securing product, and often spend way more on a box than we would like--cutting Bernthal's auto quantities in half would have likely increased the price for the autograph beyond our comfort level.

Sophia, on the other hand, had a very long story arc about if she was alive or dead. When she was found in the barn this was an important moment for the show and the character. Since she is still alive in the comics, her being a Walker in the barn is a huge deviation from the comic storyline, and had enough impact on the show that I thought it would be worth looking into.
Once we were able to secure a deal for enough signatures to balance out her two versions, I thought it would be a really nice way to include her. For those you who followed Season 1, we weren't able to use her likeness in Season 1 Trading Cards, so featuring her both as alive and as a Walker seemed like the best thing.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #1928 (permalink)

Thanks so much for all of the info Miranda!
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #1929 (permalink)

So this is weird. I just got an email from Cryptozoic refunding me for a box. I purchased 1 box in the first wave and bought a second box in the second wave of sales. Confused as to why I am being refunded for the second box today? Anyone else get refunded for a box that they bought 1 box in the first wave of sales and 1 box in the second wave of sales?
Really disappointed that I'm only getting the 1 box from Crypto instead of the 2 I thought I was getting.
buckycap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #1930 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHotz View Post
Guess it's time to go buy Season 2... Shane Walker... what... LOL.

Yeah, thanks for info, Miranda! Also very interested in any Retail info.
Odds of finding a special insert is about 1:1000. This really is not a product for hobby collectors, but a way to introduce casual consumers to trading cards. Our goal is to have them pick up a pack or two at one of the Mass stores, want more information and find our website or one of the Trading Card community sites.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #1931 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
So this is weird. I just got an email from Cryptozoic refunding me for a box. I purchased 1 box in the first wave and bought a second box in the second wave of sales. Confused as to why I am being refunded for the second box today? Anyone else get refunded for a box that they bought 1 box in the first wave of sales and 1 box in the second wave of sales?
Really disappointed that I'm only getting the 1 box from Crypto instead of the 2 I thought I was getting.
Submit a ticket through our customer service (Cryptozoic Entertainment - Powered by Kayako Resolve Help Desk Software) and let them know the issue. We should be able to fix the situation if we can verify only one order of one box.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #1932 (permalink)

Shipping info updated from Crypto order. Estimated delivery 12/12. Also wow on the retail odds. 1:1000. But it is a great introduction for the casual collector or fan to Cryptozoic. So a good idea on their part.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #1933 (permalink)

Quote:
Submit a ticket through our customer service (Cryptozoic Entertainment - Powered by Kayako Resolve Help Desk Software) and let them know the issue. We should be able to fix the situation if we can verify only one order of one box.
Thanks Miranda. Ticket has been submitted. I really appreciate your help and thank you for the information you have been releasing.
buckycap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #1934 (permalink)

I just got my shipping date moved back to 12/12. BOOOO!!
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #1935 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I just got my shipping date moved back to 12/12. BOOOO!!
Mine too. East Coast FTL but have had West Coast orders get moved up a day so Tuesday is a real possibility. It's all good though - at least they weren't shipped on release day.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #1936 (permalink)

Mine still shows Shipping initiated and no other scans. I guess they haven't dropped Texas boxes at Fedex yet!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #1937 (permalink)

Thank you Miranda for all of this great info, we all really appreciate it.

Awesome to now know which wardrobes are SP.

We are all looking forward to breaking this great product.

Information regarding retail odds:

Quote:
Odds of finding a special insert is about 1:1000. This really is not a product for hobby collectors, but a way to introduce casual consumers to trading cards. Our goal is to have them pick up a pack or two at one of the Mass stores, want more information and find our website or one of the Trading Card community sites.
Reasoning behind no Shane Walker autograph variation & inclusion of a Sophia Walker autograph variation:

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of having multiple versions in a set. If you make enough of each version to have them accessible to collectors the total value for that actor's autograph goes way down. Or, collectors have an artificially inflated secondary marketing for the hard to find version, and just have to spend more money to complete their sets.

Apart from that, Shane as a Walker didn't seem like a big enough event to make two versions (based on what I have to weigh two versions against listed above). Story-wise, he needed to die so that Rick could keep the group (and his family) safe. Shane's death also served to prove the information that Rick got from Dr. Jenner at the CDC about the reanimation process. Shane was a major enough character in Season 2, that had we cut the availability of each version in half, the price for the actor's autograph likely would have really increased. Our collectors have a difficult time securing product, and often spend way more on a box than we would like--cutting Bernthal's auto quantities in half would have likely increased the price for the autograph beyond our comfort level.

Sophia, on the other hand, had a very long story arc about if she was alive or dead. When she was found in the barn this was an important moment for the show and the character. Since she is still alive in the comics, her being a Walker in the barn is a huge deviation from the comic storyline, and had enough impact on the show that I thought it would be worth looking into.
Once we were able to secure a deal for enough signatures to balance out her two versions, I thought it would be a really nice way to include her. For those you who followed Season 1, we weren't able to use her likeness in Season 1 Trading Cards, so featuring her both as alive and as a Walker seemed like the best thing.
Information regarding Season 1 redemptions:

Quote:
The expiration date is to limit our liability. However, unless something comes up to prevent us from fulfilling the redemption cards, we will continue to fulfill the redemption cards.
These are Season 1 cards and will still be available to Season 1 customers. Obviously not every pack has been opened at this point (as we wouldn't be having this conversation), and those cards will be held aside for the customers that continue to purchase Season 1 product.
Information regarding shipping of product bought from the Cryptozoic Store:

Quote:
We printed out a lot of the paperwork on Tuesday, and finished printing and prepping yesterday. The first wave of boxes went out today (for east coast and the eastern middle states). More will go out tomorrow for most of the rest of the US, and those withing a few miles of us will go out Monday AM.

We used estimated shipping times and some might get it a bit early, for questionable ones I erred on the long side figuring people would not mind to get it early, but be sad to get it late.
Odds and insight for Season 2 from Cryptozoic:

Quote:
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-06-2012 at 11:24 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #1938 (permalink)

7,000 box run/583 cases with 50 redemptions means a redemption falls roughly every 11-12 cases (583/50=11.66).

OM1 – OM25 - Triple Wardrobe featuring pieces of Shane Walsh’s Sheriff Uniform Pants, Shirt, and Patch

DA1 – DA25 - Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan Autographed Cards

Either Andrea pulled roughly every 1.5 cases

A3:

A4:

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #1939 (permalink)

Such great info. What a company. I wish I could afford a box of these--the $160+ rate is just too much to bear. Good luck to everyone busting.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #1940 (permalink)

Well, it looks as though my case is out for delivery, so I shall have it soon. Really hoping to pull a Rick & Daryl autograph. Hopefully I get some kind of bad ass sketch card as well. The odds of pulling a redemption card aren't too bad either. If I pull one for Shane, I'll just lose it...Will keep you all updated of my box breaks in this thread. Will add pics once midnight comes on Monday. :-)
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #1941 (permalink)

Someone just listed an Andrea auto card on eBay. *tsk, tsk*

Walking Dead Sketch Season 2 Laurie Holden Autograph Card | eBay
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #1942 (permalink)

$10.00 shipping? What the heck?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #1943 (permalink)

Just want to point out that although thats the one I pulled....that ain't mine lol!
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #1944 (permalink)

Quote:

i have to disagree with a couple of things .

(Shane as a Walker didn't seem like a big enough event to make two versions ) shane was a huge part of the storyline , i think a second version would have been appropriate .

(Sophia, on the other hand, had a very long story arc about if she was alive or dead)

i thought that it was dragged out way too long .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #1945 (permalink)

Kudos to Miranda and the rest of the Cryptozoic team going above and beyond answering questions and giving out product info. to the fans/collectors!

THANK YOU & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #1946 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Such great info. What a company. I wish I could afford a box of these--the $160+ rate is just too much to bear. Good luck to everyone busting.
woah .. is that where boxes are already?

it'll match S1 very soon imo
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #1947 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
woah .. is that where boxes are already?

it'll match S1 very soon imo
and it'll prob eclipse it soon after. As amazing as Season 1 was, this release beats it in every way.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #1948 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i have to disagree with a couple of things .

(Shane as a Walker didn't seem like a big enough event to make two versions ) shane was a huge part of the storyline , i think a second version would have been appropriate .

(Sophia, on the other hand, had a very long story arc about if she was alive or dead)

i thought that it was dragged out way too long .
I agree. Shane turning was a huge development and the card would've been incredible.

Here's what they could do. Get a Shane Walker version signed and offer it as a wrapper redemption for Season 2. I'm going to hold onto my wrappers just in case.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #1949 (permalink)

Why are you always asking for more more more. You are like Veruca Salt, nothing is ever good enough.

Who cares that they didn't get a Shane Walker card? At least we got a costume card of it. Maybe that will be saved as a bonus for Season 3. I wouldn't mind another Bernathal autograph in Season 3, but I don't need another one of him as a human. The autograph line up is so strong this release, why complain because they didn't include another variation.

Crypto, maybe instead of just an autograph card, have cast members come to our homes and cook us dinner. I'll save my wrappers and box tops just in case you guys decide to give us more on top of the awesome release you have already put out.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 12-07-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #1950 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Why are you always asking for more more more. You are like Veruca Salt, nothing is ever good enough.

Who cares that they didn't get a Shane Walker card? At least we got a costume card of it. Maybe that will be saved as a bonus for Season 3. I wouldn't mind another Bernathal autograph in Season 3, but I don't need another one of him as a human. The autograph line up is so strong this release, why complain because they didn't include another variation.

Crypto, maybe instead of just an autograph card, have cast members come to our homes and cook us dinner. I'll save my wrappers and box tops just in case you guys decide to give us more on top of the awesome release you have already put out.
*Starts saving box tops and wrappers*

*Fast forward 1 year*

I heard that the Season 2 Cast dinner w/ Jon Bernthal dressed in zombie attire got delayed? Anyone else hear about this?

durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote