Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #2001 (permalink)

Walking Dead Season 2 Case Break

Box #2 of 12 Results
Wardrobe Cards: Rick Grimes [Dark Green Shirt - Non-Variant] and Walker Horde [Light Blue Shirt Fabric - Slight-Variant (White/Dark Blue Stitch Lines on either side]
Autograph Card: Scott Wilson as Hershel Green

On a side note, the Walker Shadow Box cards look awesome in person.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #2002 (permalink)

Argh... I'd really like to get my boxes! I have no idea when I'll be getting them from Solarfly Cards though.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #2003 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
If the cases keep bringing nice pulls I am thinking I may gamble and open my case, since there are people listing cases on ebay at $1500, after fees and shipping thats basically like breaking even based on my price point that I paid.
Yes, I agree. Unless they hit 2k, is it really worth selling?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #2004 (permalink)

They will hit 2k easily, patience.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #2005 (permalink)

As a collector I could never sell unopened product. You just never know which box could have that pull of a lifetime. I'd be smacking my head against a wall if I found out a box that I sold had a redemption or a sketch in it.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #2006 (permalink)

I bet by Monday when people start getting their cases and the good pulls start coming out, the case prices will go UP! $1500 might be a good deal in a week or so.
killerturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #2007 (permalink)

I would much rather hit the Shane redemption than the dual auto.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #2008 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I would much rather hit the Shane redemption than the dual auto.
I have no desire for the dual-auto. It's just not that special to me... I mean we're already getting autos for those characters (plus we've already got 2 yeun's from last year) and people already have that to start with.

The Shane redemption is the golden ticket here... I'd love to get one.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #2009 (permalink)

Quote:
Even at 2k its tough, I didn't case my case early enough so I paid pretty good money for it, at $2000, after shipping and ebay/paypal fees (which is the way I would have to sell the case most likely on ebay) I probably would end up with a $400 to $500 profit, which by no means is bad, I do want a autograph set though and if a 12 box case is yeilding 11-12 autographs of the set then it might be worth it depending on what a autograph set sells for.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #2010 (permalink)

agreed Serial, they also should have got Jon to sign the 25 cards as well, that would have taken it to a whole new level.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #2011 (permalink)

do you guys think the better hits will come from the crypto site or from distributors or just completely random
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #2012 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbrian View Post
do you guys think the better hits will come from the crypto site or from distributors or just completely random
id lean towards Crypto, but it is still random especially with the Redemptions
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #2013 (permalink)

Quote:
Patience isn't the problem lol, its all about where you bought the case at if you got in at $800 when it first came out then 2k you are doubling money easy, if you got in later once it hit $1100 plus then you might want to take a chance on opening the case. My thoughts are depending on what base sets, insert sets, wardrobe cards, and sketch cards sell for that may determine if I open or sell sealed.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #2014 (permalink)

Quote:
i think its just luck of the draw to be honest. Same with sports cards its nice to have a lucky number or place to buy but when it comes down to it its really just luck.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #2015 (permalink)

Quote:
i think its just luck of the draw to be honest. Same with sports cards its nice to have a lucky number or place to buy but when it comes down to it its really just luck.
but if some dealers open up a few boxes from their case and get an Andy or Norman auto right from the hop and sell some of their other boxes your odds just went for a major dump and more than likely you would lose $ on buying a box
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #2016 (permalink)

Quote:
i kinda believe that LCS have better pulls for some reason versus online. but then again it could be the "front loading" part of the game that they play
Old 12-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #2017 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_tiger View Post
but if some dealers open up a few boxes from their case and get an Andy or Norman auto right from the hop and sell some of their other boxes your odds just went for a major dump and more than likely you would lose $ on buying a box
Its hard to trust anyone that sells loose boxes to be honest. I have been thinking about opening up some of my case and see what I get, but if I list the boxes I am going to state in my auction that I already pulled the sketch card and what autos I already pulled but thats just me trying to be fair to the next person. I will take the time and list everything I have pulled so far.

Quote:
i kinda believe that LCS have better pulls for some reason versus online. but then again it could be the "front loading" part of the game that they play
You might be right on this its a tough call.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #2018 (permalink)

[QUOTE=nera20;3770942]Its hard to trust anyone that sells loose boxes to be honest. I have been thinking about opening up some of my case and see what I get, but if I list the boxes I am going to state in my auction that I already pulled the sketch card and what autos I already pulled but thats just me trying to be fair to the next person. I will take the time and list everything I have pulled so far.

that pretty damn honest of you Nera, you are in a very small percentage my friend. u should have some good karma coming your way.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #2019 (permalink)

[QUOTE=neon_tiger;3770950]
Quote:
Its hard to trust anyone that sells loose boxes to be honest. I have been thinking about opening up some of my case and see what I get, but if I list the boxes I am going to state in my auction that I already pulled the sketch card and what autos I already pulled but thats just me trying to be fair to the next person. I will take the time and list everything I have pulled so far.

that pretty damn honest of you Nera, you are in a very small percentage my friend. u should have some good karma coming your way.
Well my view of it is, I am still making my money, but I have a clear mind that someone buying my sealed boxes from me knows whats gone already and probably shouldn't expect to see those cards. I have almost 4000 positive feedbacks on ebay and 80 plus on here, I try to be as fair and easy to work with as I can. I treat others like I want to be treated and I would want to know what boxes I am getting in return also.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #2020 (permalink)

Walking Dead Season 2 Case Break

Box #3 of 12 Results
Wardrobe Cards: Maggie Greene [Purple Top - Non-Variant], Carl Grimes [Orange Jacket - Non-Variant] and Walker Horde [Multi-Colored Variant]
Autograph Card: Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes

3 Wardrobe cards in one box!?
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #2021 (permalink)

3 wardrobes per box would be a trend i'd like to see continue. very nice indeed
Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #2022 (permalink)

nice boxes so far
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #2023 (permalink)

Miranda stated that non-walker character wardrobes would fall 1:21 packs so a couple of your boxes like Bryan's will have 3 wardrobe hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Wardrobe & Autographs should have a complete set of Season 2 cards out of about 2 cases. Ironically, the lowest qty Wardrobe Card is Dale's undershirt, and even that is within about 15% of the others.
All of the autos are pretty even, although Sophia's two versions could get a little off from getting both out of 2 cases. Everything I looked at in NC looked really good, without duplicates of Auto or Wardrobe out of a case.
Yes, you do get a Walker Wardrobe out of every box, but that never took the place of a Non-Walker Wardrobe--it was always designed to be in addition to the one Character Wardrobe per box. We did have a bit extra Wardrobe swatches, so we increased the ration from 1:24 to about 1:21, so you should get about 13 Character Wardrobe per case.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #2024 (permalink)

just checked fedex looks like december 12th is when most boxes will show up for people that ordered the special
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #2025 (permalink)

when my six boxes come in next week, the only auto's i dont want to see would be IronE and Chandler's, although I'll pick them up eventually I think those two will sell for the least. I would love a Nicotero, he's done so much for the industry and is the best at his craft.