Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #2176 (permalink)

The UK Seller on eBay just sold the Rick & Lori autographs for a combined total of $296.03 shipped. Just thought I'd let you all know.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #2177 (permalink)

That is disappointing
hamoody22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #2178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
The UK Seller on eBay just sold the Rick & Lori autographs for a combined total of $296.03 shipped. Just thought I'd let you all know.
Fantastic. It means these should be very obtainable for the collectors early on.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #2179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoody22 View Post
That is disappointing
To be fair, when Season 1 was released, you could get the Daryl auto for $50. Now you're lucky if you can get it for less than $175 - $200.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #2180 (permalink)

Quote:
To be fair, when Season 1 was released, you could get the Daryl auto for $50. Now you're lucky if you can get it for less than $175 - $200.
Yes but s1 cases were 640 initially as well. S2 has essentially been "preinflated" in advance of release. I, too, expected higher prices. But I'm not upset, since that'll hopefully bode well for set building
HIGH END VHTG:: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/akarlen2/library/
akarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #2181 (permalink)

This is what I was honestly expecting. The demand for the cases and boxes were based off of how much they shot up last year so a lot of the pricing has already been built in. I really don't know if Andrew Lincoln can command $200+ an auto even being the star of the show. I still think there are tons of value in these and the chase cards will help keep the price up. I also think the costume cards seem to be the tougher cards to get seeing as there are so many of them with some being very, very short printed.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #2182 (permalink)

I just bought the Andrew Lincoln off ebay for 200.00 free shipping. I couldn't wait for my boxes to come in hoping to pull one.
Edreedballhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #2183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edreedballhawk View Post
I just bought the Andrew Lincoln off ebay for 200.00 free shipping. I couldn't wait for my boxes to come in hoping to pull one.
You bought it off me lol. It'll go out tomorrow.

All pricing is speculative. This very well may go way up once people realize they did not hit it in their cases. Who knows tho.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 12-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2184 (permalink)

Default Lincoln

Yeah thanks again Nick. I wasn't aware you were a member on this forum. I don't use this forum often.
Edreedballhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #2185 (permalink)

Hey guys, anyone willing to sell me a base set on the cheap? Let me know.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #2186 (permalink)

So, does this set a precedent? Walking Dead Season 2 Sketch Card | eBay

Sweet sketch, but now I can't even imagine what a Glebe/Hall may go for.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #2187 (permalink)

For anyone who ordered some boxes from Cryptozoic, check your tracking this morning. I was told to expect a delivery date of the 12th but they now show up at my local FedEx plant. Maybe they'll come today? I sure hope so.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #2188 (permalink)

Mine were showing up in Chicago as of last night so I am guessing I will have them this evening as well.

Great price on the sketch, not sure thatn Dan Bergren will appreciate being called Ben though.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #2189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
For anyone who ordered some boxes from Cryptozoic, check your tracking this morning. I was told to expect a delivery date of the 12th but they now show up at my local FedEx plant. Maybe they'll come today? I sure hope so.
yea same here mine originally said the 12th but say the the 11th but they arrived and sorted it at local facility 5 mins away so hopefully they are on todays delivery and I get them tonight after work
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #2190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bader View Post
yea same here mine originally said the 12th but say the the 11th but they arrived and sorted it at local facility 5 mins away so hopefully they are on todays delivery and I get them tonight after work
Yeah I would be extremely disappointed if they just sit on them at the distribution center today. My delivery date does say the 11th but I don't know why they wouldn't go out today? I've been to their plant by me for a tour (college class, was actually really interesting) and there is no place to have a box just sit for a day. I guess if anyone gets theirs today post up.

Plus can pictures and stuff be posted today?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #2191 (permalink)

I ordered two boxes from Cryptozoic. FedEx tracking shows they printed the label on 12/4 Picked up 12/6 and in Bloomington, CA on 12/7 - no updates since then. Estimated delivery shows 12/12. I'm in GA..
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #2192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Yeah I would be extremely disappointed if they just sit on them at the distribution center today. My delivery date does say the 11th but I don't know why they wouldn't go out today? I've been to their plant by me for a tour (college class, was actually really interesting) and there is no place to have a box just sit for a day. I guess if anyone gets theirs today post up.

Plus can pictures and stuff be posted today?
Yes, they can, well technically on Tuesday as you can post pictures at midnight. I will be listing my sketch card on eBay. I don't really want to sell it...but I have so many bills I owe and with the Holidays around the corner, I don't really have a choice at this point. So my sketch card will be listed on eBay.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #2193 (permalink)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
I ordered two boxes from Cryptozoic. FedEx tracking shows they printed the label on 12/4 Picked up 12/6 and in Bloomington, CA on 12/7 - no updates since then. Estimated delivery shows 12/12. I'm in GA..
Mine says the same thing but I live in Ohio. Also it said label damaged and they replaced it. So I hope nothing is up and they just havent updated the system and it will come tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #2194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
So, does this set a precedent? Walking Dead Season 2 Sketch Card | eBay

Sweet sketch, but now I can't even imagine what a Glebe/Hall may go for.
This tells me sketches will cost far more than I expected (even S1 sketches are blowing up right now). The NICEST Rick sketches from S1 went for $400 max (not saying this isn't a nice at all, but there are some that are better IMO). On top of that, there are FAR more Rick sketches in S2 than there were in S1.

What all of this tells me is that it is extremely unlikely I will be able to buy some of my favorites if they pop up on ebay lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #2195 (permalink)

I will post a photo of the sketch card I pulled from my case tonight. Really nice that the Rick sketch card from the UK Seller went for over $400 on eBay. Hoping some of you might be able to give me an estimate of what you think I may get for mine. Ugh, bills and the Holidays will do this to you...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #2196 (permalink)

Quote:
I will post a photo of the sketch card I pulled from my case tonight. Really nice that the Rick sketch card from the UK Seller went for over $400 on eBay. Hoping some of you might be able to give me an estimate of what you think I may get for mine. Ugh, bills and the Holidays will do this to you...
Can you tell us which artist?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #2197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Can you tell us which artist?
The artist is Joe Corroney. I actually pulled the sketch card seen in this photo at the bottom left hand corner. It's of Lori. Unfortunately, I wish there was a better image since it's so small and it's cut off.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #2198 (permalink)

Quote:
The artist is Joe Corroney. I actually pulled the sketch card seen in this photo at the bottom left hand corner. It's of Lori. Unfortunately, I wish there was a better image since it's so small and it's cut off.

Yea it'll be nice to see the whole card from you lol. It's tough to say what it will go for, I believe the only two sketches that have sold so far are Ricks, and they may be benefiting from being the first cards sold, but who knows. I would guess your Lori could go for around $250-300 but all anyone can do is speculate until we see similar cards sell. If yours is the first Lori sold that might boost the price a bit.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #2199 (permalink)

Quote:

Yikes. Not what I was expecting, especially being first. Maybe people are hoping to pull their own as more people are in on this product early. Perhaps we'll see realized prices a bit higher as the product dries up, and it will quickly.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #2200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsJayhawks View Post
The whole street date thing is dumb to begin with. Who cares from a collectors stand point. I see the sellers whining because first listed typically brings the most. As a collector thou the sooner the better. I always laugh when I see people getting upset over it. Theres more things in life to worry about then someone opening and selling product early.
The controls and limitations these card companies are strangling hobby shops with are ludicrous. Recently I heard of Upper Deck telling people that they are not allowed to sell a sealed case to a customer if they know the customer is going to resell it on Ebay. As if the store owner has any control over a product once it leaves his shop. They threaten to pull their account if it's proven true. IF this is indeed true, doesn't really sound like free enterprise to me.