Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #201 (permalink)

What gives me hope about having all the actors sign a similar amount of cards is the fact that none of them are big stars outside of the show. Big Bang Theory, when produced, was already a massive hit with the main five cast members commanding a high salary and thus commanding a high pay per card signed. I think with the Walking Dead you have a cast of actors that aren't even close to that and you have a situation where an Andrew Lincoln signs as many cards as a Melissa McBride. I'm not quite sure how much they each get paid so I could be wrong. Just my view of things until I'm proven wrong.

As a side note, I've heard that Reedus actually gets paid the most at about $80,000 an episode. Lincoln gets about $60,000 an episode. They don't get paid a whole lot when you consider that AMC has to keep budgets low since they get nowhere near the amount per subscriber as a network gets for advertising. I think AMC gets something like $.60 a sub.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #202 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
What gives me hope about having all the actors sign a similar amount of cards is the fact that none of them are big stars outside of the show. Big Bang Theory, when produced, was already a massive hit with the main five cast members commanding a high salary and thus commanding a high pay per card signed. I think with the Walking Dead you have a cast of actors that aren't even close to that and you have a situation where an Andrew Lincoln signs as many cards as a Melissa McBride. I'm not quite sure how much they each get paid so I could be wrong. Just my view of things until I'm proven wrong.
Hope you are right but I could say the same about the Fringe A-listers (not big stars outside of Fringe); and the Smallville SPs too.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #203 (permalink)

Isn't Fringe a network show? I'm not all that familiar with it. Same with Smallville? If so those actors get paid a fair amount more due to more viewers as well as syndication fees. That could be a reason why specific actors from those shows were SP'ed while others were not. I think you'll have some variation in terms of how many cards each actor signs but hopefully, like Series 1, it won't be all that noticeable.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #204 (permalink)

So, allocations are given out in two days. Ugh, I sincerely hope one of my three resources pulls through for me. Good luck to you all in regards to this.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
So, allocations are given out in two days. Ugh, I sincerely hope one of my three resources pulls through for me. Good luck to you all in regards to this.
You too buddy
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
THIS IS LOADED!! If they add in Lori, it's over. I don't know what's over but whatever it is, it is.
Brobocop, prepare yourself.

It's over.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post

It's over.
Did they add Lori, I haven't seen that yet on their website?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #208 (permalink)

Miranda Anderson ?
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #209 (permalink)

hmmm interesting...
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post

It's over.
For those who do not know, Miranda is a rep from CZ.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #211 (permalink)

Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #212 (permalink)

I was quoted and replied to from someone who actually works in the industry? That's pretty awesome and made my day if it is indeed true. If she really does work for Cryptozoic tell everyone there that you guys make the best product period. Making collectible trading cards that are indeed collectible once again.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #213 (permalink)

One post says its over with the name Miranda and we are suppose to think she is a Cryptozoic rep? Calling bs igman, sounds like someone's alt name posing as a rep and is downing peoples hopes because they aren't getting any product. A rep makes a forum name in the last couple days just to tell cryptizoic buyers its over? Good rep lol.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 08-31-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
One post says its over with the name Miranda and we are suppose to think she is a Cryptozoic rep? Calling bs igman, sounds like someone's alt name posing as a rep and is downing peoples hopes because they aren't getting any product. A rep makes a forum name in the last couple days just to tell cryptizoic buyers its over? Good rep lol.
I don't know if this is THE Miranda from Cryptozoic, but it wouldn't surprise me if they still add Lori. If the file names with numbers are an indicator, we're still short a few late entries.

Not to knock Blowout (obviously, because I love this place), but it doesn't seem like the place Cryptozoic would break this news on. But I hope to see this change and Miranda posts more!

Last edited by dd316; 08-31-2012 at 01:50 PM.
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #215 (permalink)

Yeah whoever Miranda is wasn't trying to dash my hopes of getting product she was trying to pass off the news that Lori was signing for this product. I made the joke in an earlier post about it being over if Lori signed too for this product that's all. I have no reason to believe that whomever Miranda is that it's a fake account.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
While someone might be F'ing off to mess with people, Miranda is the screen name that Miranda Anderson had been regularly posting information under on NSU's Card Talk, so it certainly would not suprise me if it is her.

How is giving the indication that Lori has signed "downing peoples hopes because they aren't getting any product"? While comming short of an official announcement (which CZ does not do until cards are in house), it seems like it is an indication that this set's auto lineup will be completely insane.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Serial, Iggy is correct. Miranda has posted elsewhere, so not surprising it is her.

Btw Serial, you've given incorrect information around here more than once now. (no modest increase in production, etc). Perhaps take the time and read, and learn before posting.

Welcome to the boards Miranda, if it is indeed you.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 08-31-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #218 (permalink)

PAX Prime is this weekend and Cryptozoic will be there. Maybe they will unveil the rest of the set there and maybe even give a release date or something like that? If we could only hope.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #219 (permalink)

Will we be getting allocations news today? Anyone know?
icancu202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
PAX Prime is this weekend and Cryptozoic will be there. Maybe they will unveil the rest of the set there and maybe even give a release date or something like that? If we could only hope.
Promo P2 you think? Redemption reveal? A firm release date? Hope they show some wardrobe cards and release more signer news. Three chase sets this year shadow box is 1 hit per box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
Will we be getting allocations news today? Anyone know?
Only got info from chris at blowout that it would most likely be the first week in September. So, since its the weekend and with the holiday on Monday I'd count on not seeing allocations until Tuesday September 4th.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 09-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #221 (permalink)

I "should" be getting a case (fingers crossed) so if anybody is looking for anything, PM me.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Promo P2 you think? Redemption reveal? A firm release date? Hope they show some wardrobe cards and release more signer news. Three chase sets this year shadow box is 1 hit per box.

Only got info from chris at blowout that it would most likely be the first week in September. So, since its the weekend and with the holiday on Monday I'd count on not seeing allocations until Tuesday September 4th.
Not sure what Pax Prime is but I would love for them to feature any of what you just said. Specifically a release date and the redemption reveal. Whatever the case may be, are they going to be at Pax Prime today? Perhaps they will show some stuff then if so.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure what Pax Prime is but I would love for them to feature any of what you just said. Specifically a release date and the redemption reveal. Whatever the case may be, are they going to be at Pax Prime today? Perhaps they will show some stuff then if so.
Yes they will be there and I don't know what it is either lol (Cryptozoic makes a lot of board games/trading card games/etc so it might be a convention for that type of stuff).

On the article from their website they mention they are giving out DC 52 promos, but nothing about Walking Dead.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #224 (permalink)

Also, after getting Season 1...I always thought about how cool it would be to expand beyond wardrobe cards. I'd love to see the inclusion of prop cards as well, that would be awesome!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is a Blog Post from Cryptozic about PAX from August 30
PAX Prime Starts Tomorrow! | Cryptozoic Entertainment

Only info about DC release