Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default True Blood Premiere (Rittenhouse) signers list

This was posted over at NSU, amazing list, and I can pretty much guess which ones will be Limited and Very Limited.

I'll be in for at least a case, even the commons are awesome.

"Every True Blood Premiere Edition box includes 2 autographs! Signers include Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Nelsan Ellis, Deborah Ann Woll, Jim Parrack, Todd Lowe, Carrie Preston, Kevin Alejandro, Allan Hyde, Michelle Forbes, Jessica Tuck, Mariana Klavenko, Lindsay Pulsipher, Brit Morgan, Lizzy Caplan, Melissa Rauch, Michael Raymond James, Anna Camp, Grant Bowler, Lauren Bowles, Dale Raoul, and more! The base set includes 96 cards, featuring plot synopses for all 48 episodes from the first 4 seasons. Bonus sets include 96 parallel base set cards (1:3 packs), 9 Quotable True Blood cards (1:12), 9 "Do Bad Things" cards (1:12), 6 "Black-n-Blood" cards (1:24), and 4 True Blood Shadowbox card (1:72 packs). Each case includes a True Blood Die-Cut Bottle card. Case incentives include a 3-case Kristin Bauer Autograph card, a 6-case Alexander Skarsgard Autograph card, and an 18-case Archive box!"

Skarsgard auto

Last edited by Incarnadine; 05-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anna Paquin autographs are in house at Rittenhouse Archives. Her autograph looks so much better than when she signed for X-Men 3, much more like her autograph for the first X-Men.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

sucks that Skarsgard is only a case incentive. after Paquin I could see his auto selling for the most. or maybe Woll's. still, i agree that it's a great auto set and i think this is a great investment case that'll follow suit with Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory in price increase.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

18 case incentive? Wow.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdc View Post
i think this is a great investment case that'll follow suit with Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory in price increase.
I certinly wouldn't gamble on it. With the multi-case incentives, there are a handfull of large buyers who will crack 18+ cases and sell off the contents for way less than the "little guys" can since their cost per case is much less when they sell the incentives. It is extremely rare for a RA case to go up in price.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I certinly wouldn't gamble on it. With the multi-case incentives, there are a handfull of large buyers who will crack 18+ cases and sell off the contents for way less than the "little guys" can since their cost per case is much less when they sell the incentives. It is extremely rare for a RA case to go up in price.
I agree the Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory are Cryptozoic products they seem to make less product then the Rittenhouse. Both make great looking cards though sports cards should take a look at what these companies do.
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

From what I have been told, there will be a Skarsgard and Bauer in the packs as well. This info came from the same person who told me the black background autos were case incentives and there would be a different design for the pack inserted autos.

Hope they are right on both bits of info.

I also think this set has huge potential. There are so many good signers that are key characters.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Apparently there will be 2 versions of at least some autographs, similar to what they did with Game of Thrones. Some signers will have Full Bleed and and Bordered versions, the Paquin posted earlier is a full bleed while this Woll is considered bordered. It seems funny that the card with dripping blood isn't the full bleed card.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
No truer words have been spoken. How did everyone do with the "can't-miss" Game of Thrones? Rittenhouse is poison for dealers.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you did 18 cases and pre sold your incentives and some cases like a lot of dealers did then you did VERY well with Game of Thrones. If you ordered 18 cases, didn't have any pre sold, and didn't sell your incentives till they were in hand then you prob didn't do to well.

I know I sure made money off Game of Thrones, just as I am sure I will make money off this release. You just have to be smart about what you are getting into. This is also such a bigger market than game of thrones. This show has a much wider appeal than Game of Thrones. My mother watches this show and loves it, my mother would watch an episode of game of thrones and think it was stupid. Game of Thrones had 1 season to get viewers, this has 5.

Hey if you don't think its gonna be a moneymaker then I am fine with people not buying it lol. It means that the production won't be jacked up like game of thrones was, and the resale will be much better on the singles.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 06-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Hey if you don't think its gonna be a moneymaker then I am fine with people not buying it lol. It means that the production won't be jacked up like game of thrones was, and the resale will be much better on the singles.
It's Rittenhouse - production will be jacked up.

And we were talking about the breakers who do a few cases, not the 18-case commando breakers. (As well as long-term wax resale value.)
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

I got a case for "shiggles" because it has a decent auto line up and at 2 autos per box, assuming I dont hit any duds, it broke down to about 25.00 an auto and I can live with that. Im sure theres gonna be a flood of the autos to be had cheaper down the line and Im ok with that too since it will be easier to get a set.

Direct from RA-
There will only be one version of Skarsgard and it will be the 6-case incentive, but we do plan to randomly insert some into the boxes.

Last edited by NonSportsCardForum; 06-28-2012 at 01:28 AM.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I am doing a case of this product by hit draft. Check it out

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/t...hit-draft.html
Old 07-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
18 case incentive? Wow.
18 case incentive?! Ok in my dreams lol
redhusky2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhusky2531 View Post
18 case incentive?! Ok in my dreams lol
Several big dealers count on the incentives as the bulk of their profit.
If they order 18 cases and sell them at cost (Just an example, I'm sure they sell them at a modest mark up) then they would have 6x 3 case incentives, 3x 6 case incentives and 1 Archive box.

In the case of True Blood the 3 case incentives will probably be $50-$75 each, the 6 case incentives will probably fall at $150-$200 each and the Archive Box will depend on the signer list and number of autographs but will probably be at least $1200 so just by ordering cases and flipping them at cost should be $2000+ profit. It's pretty standard with Rittenhouse products, and in some cases it can lead to overproduction as people order more than they need to get the incentives. I know if I could afford it I'd probably be ordering this set in multiples of 18.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think your estimates on the 3/6 case incentives are a little low...when you look at what Bean/Dinklage sold for in Game of Thrones I think both of these go higher, especially the Skarsgard autograph...if he was a pack inserted auto and not the incentive I think he would be the highest seller in the set. Also with the archive box, I think it goes higher too. I think its gonna take about 3-4 cases to make a master set so I think we will be seeing the archives come out of the gate strong and hold their value unlike GoT which have gone down some

People are quick to write off Rittenhouse, especially after game of thrones, but True Blood has 5 seasons worth of viewers, GoT has 2, and the people that watch True Blood I think are more inclined to collect cards. I know people that have never bought a pack of cards in their life, and they have ordered a box or boxes of True Blood from me already.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 07-05-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
I think your estimates on the 3/6 case incentives are a little low...when you look at what Bean/Dinklage sold for in Game of Thrones I think both of these go higher, especially the Skarsgard autograph...if he was a pack inserted auto and not the incentive I think he would be the highest seller in the set. Also with the archive box, I think it goes higher too. I think its gonna take about 3-4 cases to make a master set so I think we will be seeing the archives come out of the gate strong and hold their value unlike GoT which have gone down some

People are quick to write off Rittenhouse, especially after game of thrones, but True Blood has 5 seasons worth of viewers, GoT has 2, and the people that watch True Blood I think are more inclined to collect cards. I know people that have never bought a pack of cards in their life, and they have ordered a box or boxes of True Blood from me already.

Yeah, I went with conservative numbers, but it was just as an example to illustrate how big a part the incentives play for RA releases. Right out of the gate even the 3 case incentives might hit $100 and I could see Archive Boxes up to $1500.

I have a case ordered and I'm thinking about maybe getting an Archive Box as well, but I'd still open the case as well just for the pure fun of it.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Never bought an archive box before. What do you get in them that make them so expensive?
goggletan215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggletan215 View Post
Never bought an archive box before. What do you get in them that make them so expensive?
It use to be it got you damn near close to a master set but it changes from set to set and doesnt seem to get you as close anymore.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggletan215 View Post
You get every pack inserted autograph, a 3 case, a 6 case incentive, and usually all the pack inserted inserts as well. Because it is the same size as a normal box, sometimes it doesn't include the base set. But you get basically a master set.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Sorry if this is a little off the main topic, but I'm curious: do you think that the Game of Thrones set was a success or a failure? The cards seem very popular despite the fact the prices have dipped a bit. I myself don't see True Blood being any different than Game of Thrones when it comes to what the single cards will sell for.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Rittenhouse has put up the complete signers list, 27 different pack inserted autographs as well as the 2 multi case incentives. The only thing missing is the designations as to which are Limited, Very Limited and Extremely Limited, although it's pretty easy to make educated guesses.

True Blood Premiere Edition Trading Cards Checklist - Rittenhouse Archives

Autograph Cards (1:12 packs)

Bold are the ones I'm especially hoping to pull, but I want them all

Anna Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse
Jessica Tuck as Nan Flanigan
Mariana Klaveno as Lorena
Kevin Alejandro as Jesus Velasquez
Marshall Allman as Tommy Mickens
Lindsay Pulsipher as Crystal Norris
Lauren Bowles as Holly Cleary
Allan Hyde as Godric
Adina Porter as Lettie May Thornton
Don Swayze as Gus
Michael Raymond James as Rene Lenier
Stephen Moyer as Bill Compton
Lizzy Caplan as Amy Burley
Brit Morgan as Debbie Pelt
Raoul Trujillo as Longshadow
Melissa Rauch as Summer
Dale Raoul as Maxine Fortenberry
Grant Bowler as Cooter
Anna Camp as Bethany Van Nuys
Courtney Ford as Portia
Dan Buran as Marcus Bozeman
Jim Parrack as Hoyt Fortenberry
Michelle Forbes as Maryann Forrester
Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby
Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette Reynolds
Todd Lowe as Terry Bellefleur
Carrie Preston as Arlene Fowler
Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Im in for at least one case because at roughly 25.00 an auto it was worth it. The only bothersome part is at 27 autos pack inserted Im afraid at the amount of dupes per case.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Im in for at least one case because at roughly 25.00 an auto it was worth it. The only bothersome part is at 27 autos pack inserted Im afraid at the amount of dupes per case.
With 27 autos in the signer list and 24 autos in a case I'd expect to get between 18 and 20 different autos with the rest being dupes. This is to be expected with the usual varying quantities for individual autos, Paquin and Moyer will almost certainly be at least Very Limited
and there will probably be others in that range (I'd guess Woll and maybe Ellis too), and there will probably be a good mix of Limited and Common autos among the rest.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

This should be a solid product I am opening one case hoping to get some nice pulls!
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote