Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   NON-SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/)
-   -   Biggest Stars Wars trading card set … Ever? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/320449-biggest-stars-wars-trading-card-set-ever.html)

blowoutcards 06-19-2012 02:32 PM

Biggest Stars Wars trading card set … Ever?

Biggest Stars Wars trading card set … Ever?

June 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Contributing Editor

Star Wars fans get ready.

Topps is putting together a comprehensive trading card set featuring events from the full saga – all six episodes down to 350 base cards.

Star Wars Galactic Files.

The names says it all. A list of characters, factions, vehicles, creatures from all six films, The Clone Wars and the expanded universe, which includes comics, novels and more.

This is done all in the name of the 35th anniversary of the original Star Wars movie.

According to Topps, the 350 base card set is the largest Star Wars set every produced. Parallels make their way into the set with three levels: blue (numbered to .350), red (/35) and gold 1/1.

But the base cards are only part of the fun. There are two hits in every box including a sketch card, an autograph or embroidered patch relic.

Along with the massive base set, there are five inserts: Duels of Fate, I Have a Bad Feeling About This, Classic Lines, Heroes on Both Side and Foil Cards. There is one insert in every pack.

The set is scheduled to come out in September with a suggested retail price of $4.99 a pack with 24 packs in a box.

As the release date gets closer and more info is released, we’ll be sure to update the Stars Wars fans. In the meantime, check out the pictures.

[url=http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/06/biggest-stars-wars-trading-card-set-ever/]Beckett News Biggest Stars Wars trading card set … Ever?[/url]

dd316 06-19-2012 02:50 PM

Technically, since the Galaxy sets have running numbers (I think G7 is somewhere in the 600's?), Galaxy is the largest set. :D

Not downplaying Galactic Files, this set should be epic! Word is Harrison Ford is signing for it. I know I'm excited. :)!

natbornkiller 06-19-2012 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=dd316;2846877]Technically, since the Galaxy sets have running numbers (I think G7 is somewhere in the 600's?), Galaxy is the largest set. :D

Not downplaying Galactic Files, this set should be epic! Word is Harrison Ford is signing for it. I know I'm excited. :)![/QUOTE]

Are you in ?

Zerokruel 06-19-2012 03:01 PM

At the price point - you have to think there isn't going to be a whole lot made.. But damn - the set is huge.

natbornkiller 06-19-2012 03:04 PM

has topps ever made movie worn stuff in any star wars products
cause i would rather see that than manufactured crap

dd316 06-19-2012 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=natbornkiller;2846886]Are you in ?[/QUOTE]
Again, don't know if I can say. So take from that what you will. ;)

[QUOTE=natbornkiller;2846966]has topps ever made movie worn stuff in any star wars products
cause i would rather see that than manufactured crap[/QUOTE]
Only the Ewok fur card with the special NSU magazine. I think anybody would rather see memorabilia than manufactured patches, but if they do them right the patches could be popular a la UD's animal patches.

natbornkiller 06-19-2012 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=dd316;2847071]Again, don't know if I can say. So take from that what you will. ;)

Only the Ewok fur card with the special NSU magazine. I think anybody would rather see memorabilia than manufactured patches, but if they do them right the patches could be popular a la UD's animal patches.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.beckett.com/news/news-content/uploads/2012/06/12SWGF_RELICPATCH_F_SS.jpg[/IMG]
no where near a ud manufactured patch

Nicnac 06-19-2012 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=dd316;2846877]Technically, since the Galaxy sets have running numbers (I think G7 is somewhere in the 600's?), Galaxy is the largest set. :D

Not downplaying Galactic Files, this set should be epic! Word is Harrison Ford is signing for it. I know I'm excited. :)![/QUOTE]

It's not a set perse but how many cards are there in the Star Wars CCG?

aaron568 06-19-2012 08:42 PM

So how much is a case going to be any ideas

rambel 06-19-2012 08:53 PM

Wow! $5 per pack and 24 packs per box makes this $120 retail per box!!!

Blowout will hover around $90-100 per box presell I bet.

Tylerg30 06-20-2012 01:19 AM

I just got my presells on this product...I'm guessing Blowout will be in the $100 range. Any thoughts on resale value? I'm debating, always done pretty well with Star Wars products in the past.

mma138 06-20-2012 07:20 AM

looks sharp , i think it will be a hit

Bryanjs14 06-20-2012 08:58 AM

You can compare this to the 30th anniversary set, which now sells for about $120 a box. In that set, you got either an autograph or a sketch in each box. If I remember right, they were evenly distributed.

In this set you will get a sketch in every box, 4 autographs, and 4 manufactured patches in a case. Over on another forum a guy that works for topps posted that the patches/autos would be evenly inserted. You also have 350 1/1 Gold parallel base cards, the red/blue parallels, and a large base set that will require multiple boxes to make giving you some good return on investment before the premium hits. The MSRP is high, and yeah boxes will be costly but I can see this being a huge hit. They already confirmed Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and for his first time on an ACTUAL autograph card Ray Parks. I'm sure there are still a big name surprise or two, and I am sure we will also see a lot of lower end signers, but 30th was the same way. I think one of the biggest things Topps needs to do is focus on the artists. With the msrp being double or 50% higher that previous releases they really need to hold the artists to a higher standard for this set. If they end up letting a couple artists do large numbers of sketches and those artists don't put forth any effort like in the past, then it could kill the set right from the first breaks.

aggie4ever 06-20-2012 11:24 AM

If it really is 4 autos per case, then the price isn't too bad. Just have to hope that the top signers aren't really short-printed to 50 or less while the common autos have print runs of 2000 (like Indiana Jones).

ricksam 06-20-2012 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=Bryanjs14;2851351]... and for his first time on an ACTUAL autograph card Ray Parks[/QUOTE]

u're not counting the sketchagraphs from swg6?

cuz i liked those autos .. now if only i could pick one up :(

Igman7 06-20-2012 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=aggie4ever;2851874]If it really is 4 autos per case, then the price isn't too bad. [B]Just have to hope that the top signers aren't really short-printed to 50 or less [/B]while the common autos have print runs of 2000 (like Indiana Jones).[/QUOTE]

Considering that there were only 15 Fords available for 30th Anniversary (if I remember correctly), I certainly doubt that there will be anywhere near 50 this go around. I can see Fisher and Hamill doing 75 or so ea and many many more of others.

Tim 06-20-2012 02:40 PM

Not sure about this one. Collectors won't be paying more for sketches just because the sketch came from a high-end product. And sketches are soft right now. That means the autos/patches/sets will have to justify the cost of this product. I doubt the patches go for much, and the autos will be mostly commons. That leaves the big sets. I do think they will sell, but a lot of labor will be involved and I don't think enough reward to be worth it.

The parallels will help, but still... concerned about ordering this one.

Andrew Jones 06-20-2012 02:46 PM

The best Star Wars releases have typically been the ones with very low expectations and/or the ones that many collectors decided to pass on for whatever reason. I like the level of skepticism and negativity I've seen with respect to this release.

Bryanjs14 06-20-2012 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=ricksam;2851875]u're not counting the sketchagraphs from swg6?

cuz i liked those autos .. now if only i could pick one up :([/QUOTE]

No, I don't want a sketch on my autograph card, I want a photo of the actor from the movie :)!

Koppper 06-20-2012 03:39 PM

Looks good to me little expensive, but can't wait.

dd316 06-20-2012 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=Bryanjs14;2853030]No, I don't want a sketch on my autograph card, I want a photo of the actor from the movie :)![/QUOTE]

The sketchagraphs were a perfect fit for the Galaxy sets since they're art sets. I agree, I'd rather see photographs on these autograph cards.

natbornkiller 06-29-2012 04:11 PM

presell info is up
12 box cases

aggie4ever 06-29-2012 05:00 PM

Saw this posted on another message board by a Topps representative, about autographs in this set:

[I]Final Signers list:

Bonnie Piese
Amy Allen
Daniel Logan
Felix Silia
Jeremy Bulloch
Matthew Wood
Peter Mayhew
Richard LeParmentier
Anthony Forest
Ray Park
Harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
Mark Hamill
James Earl Jones
Jake Lloyd
Michonne Bourrigue

There are a few others signers on the fence, but as it stands now, this is the list.

We've discovered some Irvin Kershner sigs from ESB 3D, we'll be including those as well.[/I]

natbornkiller 06-29-2012 05:03 PM

harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
Mark Hamill
James Earl Jones

odds of these being l short printed ??

baytowntex 06-29-2012 05:42 PM

i cant wait for this set to come out, the mark hamill autograph advertised looks like a real nice design... i would like to pull a hamill autograph and ford autograph..