Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
we are arguing about a trading card set first... well, at least that's how it started. But someone always has to bring up the 'rap sucks' topic...
Yes, obviously I know. It was supposed to be a joke. This is just appropriate banter for another forum imo.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuzaShoeii View Post
...this has officially gone from ridiculous ----> sad. This was supposed to be about the cards.

.....who cares!?!
We do, because rap isn't music just like NASCAR isn't a sport

I DO like and grew up with Rap, but I also like country, rock, metal, r n b, classic rock, and a bunch of synthesized rave club chit

Anyone here want to argue that lil Wayne actually has talent? Seriously?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
We do, because rap isn't music just like NASCAR isn't a sport

I DO like and grew up with Rap, but I also like country, rock, metal, r n b, classic rock, and a bunch of synthesized rave club chit

Eminem Crazy talent.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Lil' Wayne does not represent and encompass all of rap/hip-hop music. There are 100's of thousands of rappers/hip-hop artists. By sheer ODDS ALONE there MUST be talented artists.

If you don't consider rap, "music", I sure hope you don't consider country, "music." They share the same concept except one is to the rhythm of drum/bass and the other is to the rhythm of geeetars and cowbells and sich'.

BTW: Lil Wayne's net worth was $85M in 2011. To say he is not talented is insane. I definitely don't enjoy his music either, however, I'm guessing there are not many untalented people worth $85M. There's probably (maybe) a ton of talented people on this board alone...and all of our "net-worth" combined probably don't come close to $85M. Just saying.

Also, Jay-Z earned $63M in 2010 and $37M in 2011. His net worth is $450M as of 2011. Like their "music" or not, the discussion of "talent" is more pointless than the other ridiculous argument going on here. Untalented individuals (usually ) don't make this kind of money. For the record I am not a Jay-Z fan either. Also,

2 WEEKS UNTIL RELEASE!!!! who has product on order already? I have (1) master case coming (20 boxes).
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
BTW: Lil Wayne's net worth was $85M in 2011. To say he is not talented is insane. I definitely don't enjoy his music either, however, I'm guessing there are not many untalented people worth $85M. There's probably (maybe) a ton of talented people on this board alone...and all of our "net-worth" combined probably don't come close to $85M. Just saying.

Also, Jay-Z earned $63M in 2010 and $37M in 2011. His net worth is $450M as of 2011. Like their "music" or not, the discussion of "talent" is more pointless than the other ridiculous argument going on here. Untalented individuals (usually ) don't make this kind of money. For the record I am not a Jay-Z fan either. Also,
P.T. Barnum comes to mind...
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #81 (permalink)

the point is that rappers are musicians..end of story
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #82 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
the point is that rappers are musicians..end of story
For YOU they are; not for me. End of story.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
this is not about yours or my opinion.. it is about facts
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #84 (permalink)

Instead of simply finding joy in the things you like, people make it a point to tell others what they DO NOT like. Or even worse, get mad at you for the things you like. It's very sad. It's one thing to not like something, it's another thing to be bothered because somebody else like something. Shows true character (or lack thereof.) Grow up people!

I suppose that just like some "rappers" give "rap" a bad name....some humans give the rest a bad name. Ignorant people are so gross...

Last edited by YakuzaShoeii; 07-06-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
You could say the world is flat. You'd still be wrong.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #86 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
For you they are musicians also... It is just something is clouding your mind to think or say otherwise. What that is, only you know.

But for you and everyone, rap is music whether you like it or not. Enjoy your pie.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #87 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Instead of simply finding joy in the things you like, people make it a point to tell others what they DO NOT like. Or even worse, get mad at you for the things you like. It's very sad. It's one thing to not like something, it's another thing to be bothered because somebody else like something. Shows true character (or lack thereof.) Grow up people!

I suppose that just like some "rappers" give "rap" a bad name....some humans give the rest a bad name. Ignorant people are so gross...
Lol - which is what you just did only you got mad for what someone else DISlikes. LMAO
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #88 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
For you they are musicians also... It is just something is clouding your mind to think or say otherwise. What that is, only you know.

But for you and everyone, rap is music whether you like it or not. Enjoy your pie.
Thank you for your enlightening remarks.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #89 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
You could say the world is flat. You'd still be wrong.
Actually you are the one who said the world is flat, not me. It's amazing how defensive the rap lovers are. I couldn't care less if you or others think it's music or not. Why do you care if I don't? I couldn't care less about lyrics - only melodies. Do you think Oscar Hammerstein is a musician? All he did was write lyrics. Just wonderin'.

Do you think a boy who bangs a drum is a musician? If you do and if he is, then yeah, rap is music.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #90 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Actually you are the one who said the world is flat, not me. It's amazing how defensive the rap lovers are. I couldn't care less if you or others think it's music or not. Why do you care if I don't? I couldn't care less about lyrics - only melodies. Do you think Oscar Hammerstein is a musician? All he did was write lyrics. Just wonderin'.

Do you think a boy who bangs a drum is a musician? If you do and if he is, then yeah, rap is music.
Rap Is CRAP No, really.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:

The world is flat comment was to point out that, even if you did believe it, it would not be automatically a truth.

I'm will not be defined as simply a rap lover. I like specific works in most genres and dislike some in all genres.

Oscar Hammerstein was not a musician if all he did was write lyrics. He was a lyricist.

Do you consider rappers lyricists or is that, as well, too much of a complement for a type of person you dislike?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #92 (permalink)

What no TOM PETTY or KISS
vonzip77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #93 (permalink)

This is beyond sad, these are usually the same people who lack any kind of talent or skills of their own. The same people who have never done, and will never do anything of importance in their entire lives.

This thread is dead...delete it.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:

He is comparing a boy who bangs drums to a multi billion dollar music industry. LOL... no comment needed
Old 07-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #95 (permalink)

impressive list in the OP .. i can see the whitney houston auto soaring

ill try to pick up a few of these
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #96 (permalink)

Wow right when I finally convince myself to calm down on the wax cracking I see this checklist! I may need to bite the bullet on a master case or possibly just wait for the Freddie Mercury cut auto to surface......
Old 07-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
He is comparing a boy who bangs drums to a multi billion dollar music industry. LOL... no comment needed
Yes, but it doesn't have to be about the money. A rapper doing his thing on a street corner is still a musician (the quality of such being up to the listener).

And specifically, Tim has undone his argument with the above comment:
If we require music to possess melody, what are drummers?

Bagpipes have drones that play only one tone. Are those pipes not music?

Saying music requires melody is like saying photographs require color to be called art.
Come to think of it, some people do not regard photography (even color) as being an art form.

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-07-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #98 (permalink)

I'll be buying at least a box of this, I'll let you guys know what I get!
Desanto846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #99 (permalink)

I want any wu-tang autos!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, but it doesn't have to be about the money. A rapper doing his thing on a street corner is still a musician (the quality of such being up to the listener).

And specifically, Tim has undone his argument with the above comment:
If we require music to possess melody, what are drummers?

Bagpipes have drones that play only one tone. Are those pipes not music?

Saying music requires melody is like saying photographs require color to be called art.
Come to think of it, some people do not regard photography (even color) as being an art form.
no it doesnt, but the people on the street are playing some type of genre of music.