Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Your too funny. You blow a fuse if anyone says reedus isnt number one. The truth is right there in red and blue. I personally dont care if you bealive my data or not. Facts are facts and they speak loud and clear. REEDUS IS NOT NUMBER ONE
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Your too funny. You blow a fuse if anyone says reedus isnt number one. The truth is right there in red and blue. I personally dont care if you bealive my data or not. Facts are facts and they speak loud and clear. REEDUS IS NOT NUMBER ONE
I didn't blow a fuse, just poked holes in your theory. Don't get all butt hurt because your "research" is flawed.

I opened 2 cases and both had A1 & A2. Numbers are flawed.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #28 (permalink)

Guys, calm down and move it to pm for the sellers sake.

I met Jon at Phoenix Comic con, and am meeting Reedus in Oct at a show here in town. I'll ask him how many he did, ok? lol. Sorry I'm in a good mood cuz Kirkman tweeted me tonite (check other thread).
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Be aware I am undecided about selling this card, this thread is not posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forums. I posted this as a discussion thread for now to share my card, if I were to sell the card it would be in the appropriate area. No, need to get all fussy about me not jumping on offers or throwing out numbers for people to make offers. There is also no reason for me to respond to badgering on the forums.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Be aware I am undecided about selling this card, this thread is not posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forums. I posted this as a discussion thread for now to share my card, if I were to sell the card it would be in the appropriate area. No, need to get all fussy about me not jumping on offers or throwing out numbers for people to make offers. There is also no reason for me to respond to badgering on the forums.
No, you posted it to raise attention and interest. Which is fine, but don't insult people by trying to say you just wanted to talk about it. I know you want to sell it and this is a way to advertise it.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 AM   #31 (permalink)

on the unsigned card you can see his "shirt sleeve cut" on both arms, but on the other picture of the unsigned card, you cant...are you cropping these cards right?
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
on the unsigned card you can see his "shirt sleeve cut" on both arms, but on the other picture of the unsigned card, you cant...are you cropping these cards right?
I didn't crop them, my scanner I believe automatically adjusted and cut blank space. I can take different scans and leave room all around the card to see, I am currently at work and unable to do it now.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

interesting auction on ebay that is relevant to this topic...

Norman Reedus Daryl Dixon Signed Trading Card Number A17 Cryptozoic RARE RARE | eBay
BuffyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyCollector View Post
interesting auction on ebay that is relevant to this topic...

Norman Reedus Daryl Dixon Signed Trading Card Number A17 Cryptozoic RARE RARE | eBay
good looking out...
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

very nice... the OPs card is likely the real deal...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Some sellers are clueless. "Walking Dead" nowhere in the title.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

Is it possible Cryptozoic gave these cards to the actors to give to friends/family, hence the non foil stamped back? It would flag them as not a part of the true set. I don’t see why a company would stamp a card after the actor signed it. They would risk losing the autograph if it was damaged.
FrankieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #38 (permalink)

Well everyone I listed it...

Walking Dead Norman Reedus Daryl Dixon A17 NO Auto Autograph Cryptozoic Rare S1 | eBay
Old 08-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

Last edited by THE_BEAST; 03-11-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #40 (permalink)

yes we know one exists for sure..definitely not one of a kind
BuffyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #41 (permalink)

Fixed for the unsatisfied people of blowout
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Fixed for the unsatisfied people of blowout
Old thread but can anyone tell me if the unsigned cards are supposed to on the same card stock as the regular autographs or is it thinner, feels, smells different?

Also, the coloring, particularly the yellow text on the back. Is it the same as the regular autos or more red? I acquired one of these but I am uncertain if it's authentic.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Old thread but can anyone tell me if the unsigned cards are supposed to on the same card stock as the regular autographs or is it thinner, feels, smells different?

Also, the coloring, particularly the yellow text on the back. Is it the same as the regular autos or more red? I acquired one of these but I am uncertain if it's authentic.
I don't see why it would be on different stock if it's supposed to be a regular unsigned auto. I personally would never buy a Walking Dead unsigned card based on what I've seen...

A seller that has sold/is currently selling some has a "connection" to a known card faker. I say "connection" because I am almost certain they are the same person.

This seller:

2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Season 1 Daryl Dixon Norman Reedus No Auto SP | eBay

seems to be the same seller that sold a fake Rick badge piece redemption:

The latest Walking Dead patch redemption (R11) sold was a fake..

"aprilsportscollectibles" (fake Rick badge redemption) seems to be the abandoned account of "jahallstar" (unsigned Daryl cards).

- same location.
- both have a bunch of negatives, some of which for fakes.
- "jahallstar" has left "april" a bunch of recent feedback (to 'push down' the red negatives?). I find it funny that april has 100% positive when in reality she has a ton of negatives that I guess don't count anymore because time has elapsed. Maybe getting ready to use the account again when the negatives disappear?

Compare the listing description for the fake redemption (from "april") with a random signed 8x10 listing I clicked on of "jahallstar":

2011 Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Rick Grimes Sheriff Patch Redemption | eBay

WWE Fandango Autographed 8x10 Photo Signed Autograph Auto | eBay

At worst: the same scammer
At best: two scammers that live nearby and sell the same things

Let me know what you guys think that see this and if I should make it its own thread.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

I am at work right now (blocks photos) so I am unsure if I have the pictures are posted here with the signed and unsigned cards next to each other but when I had the card in hand it was the same card stock. It felt the same in regards to card thickness and feel. Sorry I did not smell the card though.

The coloring also was exact same as the signed one that I could tell.

I have only seen three of these cards in person that were all A17 and all three were shipped in one envelope from Norman Reedus that included other signed photos by him.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #45 (permalink)

Too bad your not in Michigan. Reedus is doing the Motorcity Comic-con for the Boondock Saints panel coming up soon. Could have him sign it. I might go but was bummed to find out Jon Bernthal canceled his apperance.
AlBacon1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
I don't see why it would be on different stock if it's supposed to be a regular unsigned auto. I personally would never buy a Walking Dead unsigned card based on what I've seen...

A seller that has sold/is currently selling some has a "connection" to a known card faker. I say "connection" because I am almost certain they are the same person.

This seller:

2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Season 1 Daryl Dixon Norman Reedus No Auto SP | eBay

seems to be the same seller that sold a fake Rick badge piece redemption:

The latest Walking Dead patch redemption (R11) sold was a fake..

"aprilsportscollectibles" (fake Rick badge redemption) seems to be the abandoned account of "jahallstar" (unsigned Daryl cards).

- same location.
- both have a bunch of negatives, some of which for fakes.
- "jahallstar" has left "april" a bunch of recent feedback (to 'push down' the red negatives?). I find it funny that april has 100% positive when in reality she has a ton of negatives that I guess don't count anymore because time has elapsed. Maybe getting ready to use the account again when the negatives disappear?

Compare the listing description for the fake redemption (from "april") with a random signed 8x10 listing I clicked on of "jahallstar":

2011 Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Rick Grimes Sheriff Patch Redemption | eBay

WWE Fandango Autographed 8x10 Photo Signed Autograph Auto | eBay

At worst: the same scammer
At best: two scammers that live nearby and sell the same things

Let me know what you guys think that see this and if I should make it its own thread.
Crap... That jahal is the dude I bought mine from. I'm going to file it as a fake with eBay. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Crap... That jahal is the dude I bought mine from. I'm going to file it as a fake with eBay. Thanks for your help.
No problem. The different card stock, feel, and coloring you described reminded me of the connection I found but forgot to post about. My guess is 'she' is making copies of this because it can be explained why there is no security sticker on the back (check out the old thread to see the pic of the failed attempt to put the sticker on the redemption where she actually tried to glue a real one on to the redemption card).
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
No problem. The different card stock, feel, and coloring you described reminded me of the connection I found but forgot to post about. My guess is 'she' is making copies of this because it can be explained why there is no security sticker on the back (check out the old thread to see the pic of the failed attempt to put the sticker on the redemption where she actually tried to glue a real one on to the redemption card).
I should say what this jahal person sold me for others to know. It's quite a bit thinner than the regular autos and the back is much darker, such that the text is more orange/red than yellow.

Wondering what the next step is? Contact the seller or go direct to eBay?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #49 (permalink)

Someone should contact cryptozoic about this. Im sure they'll do what they can to stop this before it gets too out of hand.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 AM   #50 (permalink)

So these are fakes too

Andrew Lincoln A1 2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Autograph Rick Grimes Auto A1 | eBay

Laurie Holden A4 2012 2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrea Laurie Holden Season 1 A4 | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon Walking Dead Season 1 Trading Card A17 UNSIGNED Scans-lincoln-a1.jpg   Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon Walking Dead Season 1 Trading Card A17 UNSIGNED Scans-holden-a4.jpg