Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #51 (permalink)

Wow. They didn't even try to hide the fact that these autographs are obviously printed. Who wouldn't notice that each signature is an exact copy?
chris meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris meeks View Post
Wow. They didn't even try to hide the fact that these autographs are obviously printed. Who wouldn't notice that each signature is an exact copy?
Who?

Casual fans of the show that don't know to nor want to concern themselves with people on eBay selling fake autographs because "who would do such a thing?"
bmemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #53 (permalink)

I forgot why I stopped collecting non-sport autos...this is the reason.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #54 (permalink)

That is terrible.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #55 (permalink)

Wow, you don't have to be a pro at signatures to tell those signatures are all identical... Guess the only thing that really separates the ones we have are the stickers on the back??? But we have seen fakes with them on that was taken from another card and glued on have we not???

Kind of makes me glad that I finished my master set for both of them before hand.. Or else I would have been suckered in just to finish my set..
Old 05-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #56 (permalink)

This guy was selling reprints of auto cards matted with a photo from the show a while back. Obviously a scammer and selling fake autos. He has made a ton of money, selling four Rick autos for $150+ each. I would stay away from any card without the foil just because of this guy alone.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #57 (permalink)

Someone should email all the buyers listed in his feedback who have purchased Walking Dead cards that are known fakes and tell them to file Paypal claims a.s.a.p... That would probably send a message to the seller when he sees 30 Paypal cases against him and $3000 negative balance. I bet if and when he sees this thread that account will be closed quick.

eBay Feedback Profile for jahallstar
Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #58 (permalink)

isnt there a crypto insider / regular who posts on this site?
she - i think - provided info about short prints ....

someone know? .. can point this info to her
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
isnt there a crypto insider / regular who posts on this site?
she - i think - provided info about short prints ....

someone know? .. can point this info to her
That would be Miranda.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapz01 View Post
Someone should email all the buyers listed in his feedback who have purchased Walking Dead cards that are known fakes and tell them to file Paypal claims a.s.a.p... That would probably send a message to the seller when he sees 30 Paypal cases against him and $3000 negative balance. I bet if and when he sees this thread that account will be closed quick.

eBay Feedback Profile for jahallstar
Previous negative feedback claims fake Mantle RC sent. This is crazy!
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #61 (permalink)

Guys, he just relisted them. All of you need to report this item as a fake. We need to stop this guy:

2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Season 1 Daryl Dixon Norman Reedus No Auto SP | eBay
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #62 (permalink)

I reported him. Did you see the last line in his description?

"I plan on going to the Philadelphia comic con to get some of these signed that I don't sell."

We need to stop this guy!
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #63 (permalink)

I reported him just now.
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #64 (permalink)

Reported !!!
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
That would be Miranda.
thx ..
guess no one alerted her/crypto to this thread
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:48 AM   #66 (permalink)

Ive reported the guy to Crypto twice... for two different things... didnt get a response the second time so they must not care too much since hes still doing it.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #67 (permalink)

Reporting to eBay most likely wont do anything. They dont care about fakes as long as theyre getting fees. Ive reported $3,000-4,000 fake watches tons of times and then watched them sell a week later with tons of bids. EBay dont care. I gave up reporting fakes after doing it a thousand times and never once seeing any result...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Reporting to eBay most likely wont do anything. They dont care about fakes as long as theyre getting fees. Ive reported $3,000-4,000 fake watches tons of times and then watched them sell a week later with tons of bids. EBay dont care. I gave up reporting fakes after doing it a thousand times and never once seeing any result...
This is the harsh reality. You should see what they find over in the sports sections with fake autos and fake patches, even with 'before' and 'after' pics on the fake patch cards, and the sellers continue to sell time and time again. I don't wanna say ebay harbors these scammers, but they don't seem to do much of anything about it, even when presented with evidence...

The best we can do is to warn others in the community and those that have already bought from him/her.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Ive reported the guy to Crypto twice... for two different things... didnt get a response the second time so they must not care too much since hes still doing it.
Hopefully that is not true and hopefully they get it together over there at Cryptozoic.

Last edited by baytowntex; 05-30-2013 at 11:29 PM.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
Hopefully that is not true and hopefully they get it together over there at Cryptozoic.
He was selling matted photos with prints of cryptozoics cards, but advertised them as prints, so not technically trying to sell fake cards (but still blatant copyright infirngement). Then he moved onto selling fake cards. I reported him to Crypto on the prints because I am 100% against fake anything (Even boobies ) , and they responded and he stopped selling the prints (Not sure if they did anything or it was a coincidence)... then switched over to fake autos and passing them off as real. I reported him again to Crypto and never received any kind of response besides their auto response.

I know someone who bought some cards from him (as far as we could tell they are real). So I know his contact info and facebook page in case anyone needs it to recoup their money. If its against the rules then I wont, but I dont think its morally wrong to do since hes doing plenty of screwing himself... guess its time for his turn.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
He was selling matted photos with prints of cryptozoics cards, but advertised them as prints, so not technically trying to sell fake cards (but still blatant copyright infirngement). Then he moved onto selling fake cards. I reported him to Crypto on the prints because I am 100% against fake anything (Even boobies ) , and they responded and he stopped selling the prints (Not sure if they did anything or it was a coincidence)... then switched over to fake autos and passing them off as real. I reported him again to Crypto and never received any kind of response besides their auto response.

I know someone who bought some cards from him (as far as we could tell they are real). So I know his contact info and facebook page in case anyone needs it to recoup their money. If its against the rules then I wont, but I dont think its morally wrong to do since hes doing plenty of screwing himself... guess its time for his turn.
On his/her old account they have negatives for selling fake signed wrestling photos/cards as well, and they are still selling a lot of those. I'm sure many of them are fake/printed (especially the ones he frames, you know he is probably trying to conceal them), but I don't have any knowledge of any wrestlers' autos.

Last edited by t2554; 05-31-2013 at 10:22 AM.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #72 (permalink)

I bought the RGIII framed matted photo/autograph card from him..

Card was a 2012 prestige autograph -- Looked good in frame but when I took it out there was no number on the back. The autograph is on a legit Panini sticker so I contacted Panini

After seeing the sticker they told me they are 100% sure it was NOT signed by RG3 and is a fake. They don't plan on doing anything about it and just told me to return card to seller for my money back. I told them I WILL NOT do that so it can be sold again and I will probably turn it over to the authorities and they can answer how this person got an authentic Panini Sticker

Never heard back from Panini after that 8(.. I'll eat the money for the card and will be damned if I return it to seller to rip someone else off.
streicher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streicher187 View Post

Card was a 2012 prestige autograph -- Looked good in frame but when I took it out there was no number on the back. The autograph is on a legit Panini sticker so I contacted Panini

After seeing the sticker they told me they are 100% sure it was NOT signed by RG3 and is a fake. They don't plan on doing anything about it and just told me to return card to seller for my money back. I told them I WILL NOT do that so it can be sold again and I will probably turn it over to the authorities and they can answer how this person got an authentic Panini Sticker

Never heard back from Panini after that 8(.. I'll eat the money for the card and will be damned if I return it to seller to rip someone else off.
I saw that auction and considered bidding because the card itself looked fine.. wow. He must have some good connections for all this fake crap

Couldn't you just file a case saying the item was destroyed/not in package/etc? Wouldn't normally recommend that but you deserve your money back.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streicher187 View Post

file a claim and get your money back and tell the seller you wont send it back. he got the panini sticker by taking it off of a cheap card. yah ive reported 4 fakes to Panini in the past month and they all sold on ebay. it shouldnt take more than 1 minute for any company to contact ebay and get the fakes taken off
Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #75 (permalink)

OMG. since this seller has a reputation of selling printed copies of autograph cards i would say that this is probably also a fake copy?
BEING SOLD BY JAHALLSTAR
2008 Rittenhouse Iron Man Robert Downey Jr Autograph Tony Stark Auto RARE SP | eBay

and this is where they bought it from? LOOK AT THE SELLERS FEEDBACK LEFT FOR OTHERS AND SAYS THE BUYER IS A EBAY NAME OF " THUY "

sold by RAB327 to a THUY ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBERT-DOWNE...p2047675.l2557

Last edited by baytowntex; 05-31-2013 at 02:58 PM.