Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #126 (permalink)

Looks like the guy used to list stuff as reprints "2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Jon Bernthal Shane Autograph R/p Photo W/mat" (has a negative feedback for it being fake".

Presumably he found it more profitable not to..
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #127 (permalink)

I doubt it's a straight scenario of "eBay doesn't care". I think they just have enough other fake items to combat, in terms of "fish to fry". There are fake Rolex watches, Vuitton bags, even fake Chinese knockoffs of gold and silver coins/bars. No matter how many bootleggers are stopped there will be 5 more waiting to fill their shoes.

Bottom line is buyers need to realize this before they buy - perhaps eBay should add disclaimers to ALL listings that just because its being auctioned on its site does not imply explicit authenticity of the item.
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean View Post
I doubt it's a straight scenario of "eBay doesn't care". I think they just have enough other fake items to combat, in terms of "fish to fry". There are fake Rolex watches, Vuitton bags, even fake Chinese knockoffs of gold and silver coins/bars. No matter how many bootleggers are stopped there will be 5 more waiting to fill their shoes.

Bottom line is buyers need to realize this before they buy - perhaps eBay should add disclaimers to ALL listings that just because its being auctioned on its site does not imply explicit authenticity of the item.
ebay doesnt care, they make too much money off of scammers. try calling ebay and show them proof that the item is fake and they still wont do anything. please call them and have a chat with them and you will see what they tell you.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
ebay doesnt care, they make too much money off of scammers. try calling ebay and show them proof that the item is fake and they still wont do anything. please call them and have a chat with them and you will see what they tell you.
I know right. Amazing in this day and age how some people will still give the big corporations with horrible track records the benefit of the doubt.

I especially don't understand the timeless 'the problem is too big for them to handle' argument. Bullhicky. If they wanted to handle the problem, they could handle it. It's not that important to them, because they still get paid, so they don't handle it.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #130 (permalink)

Look, I wasn't saying they shouldn't do something about it, just being realistic. I generally root against corporations, but I don't really see a viable solution from there standpoint - they of course want the fees, and I imagine when the non-sports card business registers on their bottom line enough that they would actively pursue change in order to retain customers.

Right now though, WD cards, and any counterfeits, are simply not worth the $$$ for eBay to take action. If anything I would think it would be a matter for either authorities, or cryptozoic in civil court (copyright infringement?).

Just my opinion anyways
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Look, I wasn't saying they shouldn't do something about it, just being realistic. I generally root against corporations, but I don't really see a viable solution from there standpoint - they of course want the fees, and I imagine when the non-sports card business registers on their bottom line enough that they would actively pursue change in order to retain customers.

Right now though, WD cards, and any counterfeits, are simply not worth the $$$ for eBay to take action. If anything I would think it would be a matter for either authorities, or cryptozoic in civil court (copyright infringement?).

Just my opinion anyways
here is undeniable proof that the seller is selling counterfeits,

2012 2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrea Laurie Holden Season 1 A4 | eBay

2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Autograph Rick Grimes Auto A1 | eBay

call ebay and report this and see what they tell you? you will know the truth after you talk to them. they might say that they need more proof so just mention this robert downey jr also. Questionable robert downey jr autograph?

and everything on this thread Questionable jennifer garner ben affleck autographs

Last edited by baytowntex; 06-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:

They dont care at all Ive reported hundreds of things a dozen of times each and NEVER once did anything get pulled. Ive watched many $3-4000 fake Omega watches sell after reporting them, fake "antique" slot machines sell for thousands, tons of things... I just gave up, not worth my time. Their customer service is non existant... they would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) if all the fakes were off eBay. Least they could do is pretend they care and pull things that are reported. Until I see a single item I report pulled I wont believe otherwise.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
here is undeniable proof that the seller is selling counterfeits,

2012 2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrea Laurie Holden Season 1 A4 | eBay

2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Autograph Rick Grimes Auto A1 | eBay

call ebay and report this and see what they tell you? you will know the truth after you talk to them. they might say that they need more proof so just mention this robert downey jr also. Questionable robert downey jr autograph?

and everything on this thread Questionable jennifer garner ben affleck autographs
holdens sold EDIT: unsold (i looked too fast ... thanks @yb)
rick didnt

wonder when the seller will start listing sketches .. those go for more
im around, tired and busy w nonhobby stuff

Last edited by ricksam; 06-17-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: correction
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #134 (permalink)

Holden's: This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
holdens sold
rick didnt

wonder when the seller will start listing sketches .. those go for more
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #135 (permalink)

jahallstar images from his listings on eBay for Season 1 Norman Reedus A17 autograph cards...

Norman Reedus signing a stack of A17's for this guy, I know at the Cons Reedus charged $40 per signature...

Also check out, http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWE-Paul-Bea...item257b8884fc...

Look at that stack of same photo, I am sure photo copied as well.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 07-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote