Blowout Cards Forums
Jake Arrita

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS


NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 151
Default

Looks like the guy used to list stuff as reprints "2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Jon Bernthal Shane Autograph R/p Photo W/mat" (has a negative feedback for it being fake".

Presumably he found it more profitable not to..
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
mocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Felony Flats
Posts: 310
Default

I doubt it's a straight scenario of "eBay doesn't care". I think they just have enough other fake items to combat, in terms of "fish to fry". There are fake Rolex watches, Vuitton bags, even fake Chinese knockoffs of gold and silver coins/bars. No matter how many bootleggers are stopped there will be 5 more waiting to fill their shoes.

Bottom line is buyers need to realize this before they buy - perhaps eBay should add disclaimers to ALL listings that just because its being auctioned on its site does not imply explicit authenticity of the item.
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean View Post
I doubt it's a straight scenario of "eBay doesn't care". I think they just have enough other fake items to combat, in terms of "fish to fry". There are fake Rolex watches, Vuitton bags, even fake Chinese knockoffs of gold and silver coins/bars. No matter how many bootleggers are stopped there will be 5 more waiting to fill their shoes.

Bottom line is buyers need to realize this before they buy - perhaps eBay should add disclaimers to ALL listings that just because its being auctioned on its site does not imply explicit authenticity of the item.
ebay doesnt care, they make too much money off of scammers. try calling ebay and show them proof that the item is fake and they still wont do anything. please call them and have a chat with them and you will see what they tell you.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: nutty Florida
Posts: 10,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
ebay doesnt care, they make too much money off of scammers. try calling ebay and show them proof that the item is fake and they still wont do anything. please call them and have a chat with them and you will see what they tell you.
I know right. Amazing in this day and age how some people will still give the big corporations with horrible track records the benefit of the doubt.

I especially don't understand the timeless 'the problem is too big for them to handle' argument. Bullhicky. If they wanted to handle the problem, they could handle it. It's not that important to them, because they still get paid, so they don't handle it.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
mocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Felony Flats
Posts: 310
Default

Look, I wasn't saying they shouldn't do something about it, just being realistic. I generally root against corporations, but I don't really see a viable solution from there standpoint - they of course want the fees, and I imagine when the non-sports card business registers on their bottom line enough that they would actively pursue change in order to retain customers.

Right now though, WD cards, and any counterfeits, are simply not worth the $$$ for eBay to take action. If anything I would think it would be a matter for either authorities, or cryptozoic in civil court (copyright infringement?).

Just my opinion anyways
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean View Post
Look, I wasn't saying they shouldn't do something about it, just being realistic. I generally root against corporations, but I don't really see a viable solution from there standpoint - they of course want the fees, and I imagine when the non-sports card business registers on their bottom line enough that they would actively pursue change in order to retain customers.

Right now though, WD cards, and any counterfeits, are simply not worth the $$$ for eBay to take action. If anything I would think it would be a matter for either authorities, or cryptozoic in civil court (copyright infringement?).

Just my opinion anyways
here is undeniable proof that the seller is selling counterfeits,

2012 2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrea Laurie Holden Season 1 A4 | eBay

2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Autograph Rick Grimes Auto A1 | eBay

call ebay and report this and see what they tell you? you will know the truth after you talk to them. they might say that they need more proof so just mention this robert downey jr also. Questionable robert downey jr autograph?

and everything on this thread Questionable jennifer garner ben affleck autographs

Last edited by baytowntex; 06-16-2013 at 04:40 PM.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dunkerton, Iowa
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean View Post
I doubt it's a straight scenario of "eBay doesn't care". I think they just have enough other fake items to combat, in terms of "fish to fry". There are fake Rolex watches, Vuitton bags, even fake Chinese knockoffs of gold and silver coins/bars. No matter how many bootleggers are stopped there will be 5 more waiting to fill their shoes.

Bottom line is buyers need to realize this before they buy - perhaps eBay should add disclaimers to ALL listings that just because its being auctioned on its site does not imply explicit authenticity of the item.
They dont care at all Ive reported hundreds of things a dozen of times each and NEVER once did anything get pulled. Ive watched many $3-4000 fake Omega watches sell after reporting them, fake "antique" slot machines sell for thousands, tons of things... I just gave up, not worth my time. Their customer service is non existant... they would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) if all the fakes were off eBay. Least they could do is pretend they care and pull things that are reported. Until I see a single item I report pulled I wont believe otherwise.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
ricksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
here is undeniable proof that the seller is selling counterfeits,

2012 2011 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrea Laurie Holden Season 1 A4 | eBay

2012 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Andrew Lincoln Autograph Rick Grimes Auto A1 | eBay

call ebay and report this and see what they tell you? you will know the truth after you talk to them. they might say that they need more proof so just mention this robert downey jr also. Questionable robert downey jr autograph?

and everything on this thread Questionable jennifer garner ben affleck autographs
holdens sold EDIT: unsold (i looked too fast ... thanks @yb)
rick didnt

wonder when the seller will start listing sketches .. those go for more
__________________
3/11f owe1BO | Hwwe drft: X
FS/T: sketch cards, GCs | USA, comc addr, pp ONLY
W: http://cardbucket.blogspot.com/p/wants.html | PC: HOFers


Last edited by ricksam; 06-17-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: correction
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
yorkbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Under a Palm Tree with a Cold Beer
Posts: 797
Default

Holden's: This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
holdens sold
rick didnt

wonder when the seller will start listing sketches .. those go for more
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,397
Default

jahallstar images from his listings on eBay for Season 1 Norman Reedus A17 autograph cards...

Norman Reedus signing a stack of A17's for this guy, I know at the Cons Reedus charged $40 per signature...







Also check out, http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWE-Paul-Bea...item257b8884fc...



Look at that stack of same photo, I am sure photo copied as well.
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 07-16-2013 at 02:45 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:46 AM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,955
Default

This thread is old, and I'm not reading the whole thing. But I wonder if Norman Reedus got in trouble for giving those away. Any that he didn't send back to CZE are considered stolen. I'm sure it's been figured out by now, but the foil seals are added after they are signed. That's how they authenticate them. Recently cards that looked official and we're signed were for sale on ebay. Tho they were not in the set, nor did they have a foil seal. I was informed the cards were real, the actor just never returned them and they or someone was trying to sell them. While the cards were official and the signature was most likely real. They were technically stolen and that action would be taken.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: nutty Florida
Posts: 10,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
This thread is old, and I'm not reading the whole thing. But I wonder if Norman Reedus got in trouble for giving those away. Any that he didn't send back to CZE are considered stolen. I'm sure it's been figured out by now, but the foil seals are added after they are signed. That's how they authenticate them. Recently cards that looked official and we're signed were for sale on ebay. Tho they were not in the set, nor did they have a foil seal. I was informed the cards were real, the actor just never returned them and they or someone was trying to sell them. While the cards were official and the signature was most likely real. They were technically stolen and that action would be taken.
Not just about the seal missing. Many of these cards are fake. They are thinner stock than authentic Crypto product.

Last edited by Nicnac; 05-14-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:36 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,311
Default

I noticed that the seller of these PSA cards is selling custom framed pictures just like the old questionable card seller JAHALLSTAR, JAHALLSTAR located in Pikesville Maryland, and this account in Baltimore Maryland. I'm willing to bet that these are the same people. JAHALLSTAR was known to make copies and reprints of cards straight out the printer. There is a very good chance that these blank cards that he had signed were reprints of a real blank card. He used to take good scans of cards from eBay and other places to reprint his own. Probably took the scans of the blank from this thread now that I think about it. Most likely this is not even an authentic blank card but just a reprint with a real autograph on it. Theres also a good chance that he reprinted the signed cards to make more, since he did do that with other cards. Either way PSA should not have graded this card like it was a pack inserted card, pretty sure its a reprinted blank Cryptozoic card also and not an authentic blank. I doubt PSA even uses real cards that are in hand as exemplars to authenticate other cards like they should. Im willing to bet that PSA didn't even notice that these were not pack inserted autographs when grading them. Cryptozoic needs to buy these cards and investigate this issue. Crack them out the PSA slab and see if they are even authentic blank cards.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:35 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
jjsmallvillelvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Not just about the seal missing. Many of these cards are fake. They are thinner stock than authentic Crypto product.
I saw. I just meant the Blank ones Norman was sending out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
I noticed that the seller of these PSA cards is selling custom framed pictures just like the old questionable card seller JAHALLSTAR, JAHALLSTAR located in Pikesville Maryland, and this account in Baltimore Maryland. I'm willing to bet that these are the same people. JAHALLSTAR was known to make copies and reprints of cards straight out the printer. There is a very good chance that these blank cards that he had signed were reprints of a real blank card. He used to take good scans of cards from eBay and other places to reprint his own. Probably took the scans of the blank from this thread now that I think about it. Most likely this is not even an authentic blank card but just a reprint with a real autograph on it. Theres also a good chance that he reprinted the signed cards to make more, since he did do that with other cards. Either way PSA should not have graded this card like it was a pack inserted card, pretty sure its a reprinted blank Cryptozoic card also and not an authentic blank. I doubt PSA even uses real cards that are in hand as exemplars to authenticate other cards like they should. Im willing to bet that PSA didn't even notice that these were not pack inserted autographs when grading them. Cryptozoic needs to buy these cards and investigate this issue. Crack them out the PSA slab and see if they are even authentic blank cards.
I doubt CZE wants to waste money on that. Lol.
__________________
My PC Cards: http://jordynescards.weebly.com
Always collecting Alice in Wonderland Cards
Also Smallville, Vampire Diaries, and anything Lost Girl
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.