Blowout Cards Forums
Sport Card Album

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #26 (permalink)

Great HoW David Hunter! Also, nice Ed O'Neil - Gracie BJJ Blackbelt!

1 - Ella Fitzgerald / Sarah Vaughan - "First Lady of Song" & "The Divine One"
2 - Chester Nimitz - Five-star admiral/US NAVY. Commander of the Pacific Fleet & signed Japanese surrender WWII.
3 - John J. Pershing - General of the Armies WWI
4 - John Bell Hood - Civil War General
5 - Dan Gable - Gold Medal in Freestyle Wrestling in 1972@Munich. Overall record of "97-5". Head coach @ University of Iowa where he won 16 NCAA team titles from 19761997.
6 - Andre Galvao, Rafael Mendes, Guilherme Mendes - BJJ Black Belts
7 - Frank Gotch - First American to win world free-style championship, credited for popularizing wrestling in the US. Competed back when contests were largely legitimate.
8 - Rulon Gardner - Gold medal in Greco-Roman wrestling in 2000@Sydney. Defeated Russian Aleksandr Karelin, who was previously undefeated in 13 years.
9 - John Deacon - legendary bassist for QUEEN
Attached Thumbnails
Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-0796-ella.fitzgerald_sarah.vaughana.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-0796-ella.fitzgerald_sarah.vaughanb.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-0595-chester_nimitz.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-0402-john_j._pershing.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-0051-john_bell_hood.jpg  

Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-dangable.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-bjjexpo.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-frankgotch.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-rulongardner.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-johndeacon.jpg  

Last edited by YakuzaShoeii; 07-31-2012 at 06:08 PM.
YakuzaShoeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

I'm a sketch guy too. Love the other sketches posted so far. For those who haven't held/collected them, most of the scans don't do the cards/art justice - you really should see some in person!

Really hard to only list 10 and put them in order but here goes --->

10. Cat Staggs - Namora (Women of Marvel). First colored sketch I ever pulled... thought it was a base card until the whole box was broken and I couldn't find the 'hit'

9. Michael "Locoduck" Duron & his oldest daughter, Hailey - Incredible Hulk (Avengers Assemble). Pack-pulled - first card I've ever seen done by father/daughter (father drew, daughter colored).

8. Edward Cherniga - Incredible Hulk (Avengers Assemble). Pack-pulled.

7. Jason Potratz & Jack Hai - Black Widow (Spiderman Archives). Purchased.

6. Adriana Melo - Hawkeye (Avengers Assemble). Pack-pulled.

5. Mick and Matt Glebe - Iron Man (Avengers Assemble). Pack-pulled - they only did five!

4. Jason Potratz & Jack Hai - Domino (Dangerous Divas). Purchased - four-card puzzle!

3. Benjamin Glendenning - Magneto/Wolverine "Fatal Attractions" (X-Men Archives). Commissioned - 4x5 Artist-Proof.

2. Jason Potratz & Jack Hai - Spiderman/Mary Jane (Spiderman Archives). Traded for - 4x5 Artist-Proof.

1. Jason Potratz & Jack Hai - Carnage vs. Black Cat/Venom (Spiderman Archives). Commissioned - 4x5 Artist-Proof.

Last edited by BHotz; 08-03-2012 at 11:34 PM.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuzaShoeii View Post
Great HoW David Hunter! Also, nice Ed O'Neil - Gracie BJJ Blackbelt!

1 - Ella Fitzgerald / Sarah Vaughan - "First Lady of Song" & "The Divine One"
2 - Chester Nimitz - Five-star admiral/US NAVY. Commander of the Pacific Fleet & signed Japanese surrender WWII.
3 - John J. Pershing - General of the Armies WWI
4 - John Bell Hood - Civil War General
5 - Dan Gable - Gold Medal in Freestyle Wrestling in 1972@Munich. Overall record of "97-5". Head coach @ University of Iowa where he won 16 NCAA team titles from 19761997.
6 - Andre Galvao, Rafael Mendes, Guilherme Mendes - BJJ Black Belts
7 - Frank Gotch - First American to win world free-style championship, credited for popularizing wrestling in the US. Competed back when contests were largely legitimate.
8 - Rulon Gardner - Gold medal in Greco-Roman wrestling in 2000@Sydney. Defeated Russian Aleksandr Karelin, who was previously undefeated in 13 years.
9 - John Deacon - legendary bassist for QUEEN
LOL Nimitz and Pershing ... thread over
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #29 (permalink)

In no order-

Leah Mangue series 1 return-

Leah Mangue series 2 return-

Russell Walks series 1 return-

Sean Pence series 1-

Cat Staggs series 1-

Loved these 2 in King Arthur-

Ill toss this one on because it was my favorite Domino when I was collecting her-

2011 National Exclusive 1/5 Stiflers Mom variant-

So far my favorite addition to my Sons of Anarchy collection because she inscribed it with her show characters name.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tai

I have enjoyed seeing other member's favorite NS cards. Here are mine in ascending order. 1.)Hughes-reason: style...the man can close his eyes and draw this stuff. For anyone keeping track, the case(s) came from BO from their 1st Black Friday(cases were $99...who can resist at that price). 2.) Corroney Panoramic-reason: consistent...with Joe, you know what you going to get and he rarely disappoints. Purchased on release. 3.) Corroney-reason: my first 'high-end' pull from Indy heritage. I'm sure you know how frustrating the product can be so pulling legit 'art' is extremely satisfying. 4.) Smalls-reason: wow...when I pulled it I was dumbfounded. It could be the pose or the subtle watercolor but I was shocked and it has been in my PC since 2007. 5.) Mangue--reason: color explosion...she was selling her returns @scoundrels so I didn't hesitate to pick up an Indy from KOTCS. 6.) Dastick-reason: perfect image / perfect execution in capturing the 'Austrian goodbye'. 7.) Tone-reason: Image is perfect in the sense you don't even consider it 'Family Guy'. They did some great artwork/parody in both Inkwork's Family Guy sets. 8.) De Liz-reason: style...she has it but she has fans for a good reason so purchasing her art is out of the question. Pulled from a box and treasured. 9.) Kohse-reason: Pencil is impressive. Comparison to W&W brothers from other Indy releases makes you appreciate good pencil work. 10.) Teranishi-reason: the man is subtle and you can pick up his work for cheap. Take a look at the image to see the variations you can find in his work. A long time favorite of mine. Thanks for reading this far.
Attached Thumbnails
Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-indy.heritage.adam.hughes.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-indy.heritage.joe.corroney.panoramic.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-indy.heritage.joe.corroney.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-dc.legacy.louis.small.supergirl.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-indy.masterpieces.leah.mangue.jpg  

Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-indy.masterpieces.ted.dastick.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-family.guy.s2.tone.rodriguez.peter.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-wofoz.2.renae.de.liz.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-indy.masterpieces.lee.kohse.jpg   Post your Top 10 NS Cards!-sw.g5.robert.teranishi.jpg  

Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #31 (permalink)

Just missed the cut. Honorable mention: