Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Like the thick card stock idea, but I am not digging the sketches. The theme is not my thing, but to each their own. Would love to see the Katie Cook previews. Will continue to follow future releases!
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

I want to see the Katie Cook sketches! She's a favorite of mine.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Just an fyi, if you buy 3 or more packs, then the shipping is free. And from talking with one of the guys at Viceroy Cards, there are going to be a couple of cool bonus insert cards in each pack.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I want to see the Katie Cook sketches! She's a favorite of mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Would love to see the Katie Cook previews. Will continue to follow future releases!
As requested
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post

As requested
Love the chupacabra! It's amazing that a creature could be sucking down goat intestines, and still be that cute!

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

The theme is not my cup of tea, but there are a lot of cool sketches in this set, and it's always nice to support a promising, up-and-coming card company, so I will probably buy one or two packs.

I wonder what the theme for the next set will be.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

We have several fun ideas for our next set, and will probably make a decision shortly after the Cryptids release.

There were several reasons we decided on a cryptozoology theme for our debut set. One of the main ones being it was incredibly difficult to get a licensed property to take a meeting with a new card company, let alone actually grant a license. We realized that once we had a quality, well made set on the market, even with a copyright free theme, it would open up a lot of options for future sets.

We also wanted to pick a subject that would allow artists to have fun, and be as creative as they could without many restrictions. We made a decision early on to stay away from themes that feature scantily clad woman, and instead choose topics that were a bit more unique in the card market.

We hope to branch out from sketch cards and do film, TV, and even sports sets in the near future. Our main focus is putting out a quality product that gives a feeling of value for the price per box. Most of us involved are coming from a collectors view point, and have been members of this forum for years. We know how frustrating it can be when you bust a $200 box of cards and it feels like a kick to the stomach with the cards pulled. We're hoping that no matter what type of set we release in the future, that collectors will never have that feeling when opening our products.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the packs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
The theme is not my cup of tea, but there are a lot of cool sketches in this set, and it's always nice to support a promising, up-and-coming card company, so I will probably buy one or two packs.

I wonder what the theme for the next set will be.

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 09-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

Those Katie Cook sketches are awesome. I'm excited for the set and I can't wait for future releases!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #34 (permalink)

Do you have any Charles Hall previews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
We have several fun ideas for our next set, and will probably make a decision shortly after the Cryptids release.

There were several reasons we decided on a cryptozoology theme for our debut set. One of the main ones being it was incredibly difficult to get a licensed property to take a meeting with a new card company, let alone actually grant a license. We realized that once we had a quality, well made set on the market, even with a copyright free theme, it would open up a lot of options for future sets.

We also wanted to pick a subject that would allow artists to have fun, and be as creative as they could without many restrictions. We made a decision early on to stay away from themes that feature scantily clad woman, and instead choose topics that were a bit more unique in the card market.

We hope to branch out from sketch cards and do film, TV, and even sports sets in the near future. Our main focus is putting out a quality product that gives a feeling of value for the price per box. Most of us involved are coming from a collectors view point, and have been members of this forum for years. We know how frustrating it can be when you bust a $200 box of cards and it feels like a kick to the stomach with the cards pulled. We're hoping that no matter what type of set we release in the future, that collectors will never have that feeling when opening our products.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the packs!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
Not yet, as we're still waiting on a few returns from artists. This set happened to fall right in the middle of convention season for most of them, so we gave everyone a lot of time to complete and return sketches. I'll be sure to post them here and on our twitter/facebook pages as soon as he's finished.

Edit: Charles Hall preview added below

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 09-21-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #36 (permalink)

Every company has to start somewhere, and even if you have to do a few unlicensed products you are still building a good reputation as long as you continue to offer good value and a nice artist list. Can't beat $21.99 for a sketch and magnetic.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #37 (permalink)

Each pack will actually have 1 letterpress sketch card in a 100pt. magnetic holder, and two more bonus cards.

At first we just wanted to make a sketch set with no base cards and 1 sketch per pack, keeping it as simple as possible. After a while we thought about just adding a fun little bonus card in the packs without announcing it. That idea grew a little bit, and is now a simple insert card with 15 different versions that will be numbered /35 we believe. It should actually be /33.333 since that's how 15 goes into 500 packs, but we'll probably keep a few extra of each as damage replacements, since /35 makes more sense.

The other insert card will have 5 different versions, numbered to /100 each. I'll have more info on those soon, as we're just finishing up the final touches.

Again, these were both added to the plans after we decided on the $21.99 price point, so they are just fun additions that we think bring a little extra variety to the set.

We'll probably do some base cards with our upcoming sets, but keep them in small quantities. In general, base cards are largely overlooked, especially when they keep repeating in multiple pack openings. We're considering a few options to make them a bit more unique, such as base card artists or designers signing a % of the cards, so collectors can make a base set, and an auto base set somewhat easily. Parallel versions are another option, but that's a slippery slope when sets over do it and it becomes a mess of different colored cards.

Quote:
Every company has to start somewhere, and even if you have to do a few unlicensed products you are still building a good reputation as long as you continue to offer good value and a nice artist list. Can't beat $21.99 for a sketch and magnetic.

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 09-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #38 (permalink)

I'm excited for this set. I ordered four cards. Two for me and two for the girlfriend. (She really wants the griffin from Katie Cook)

I have to say based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the cards I might get. They all look superb and the artists are very talented.

On the Parallel thing I say no. I've never been into the "Rainbow" collecting like some people are.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
I'm excited for this set. I ordered four cards. Two for me and two for the girlfriend. (She really wants the griffin from Katie Cook)

I have to say based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the cards I might get. They all look superb and the artists are very talented.

On the Parallel thing I say no. I've never been into the "Rainbow" collecting like some people are.
Agreed. Rainbow collecting is for sports cards, not non-sports.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Agreed. Rainbow collecting is for sports cards, not non-sports.
Well its a free bonus and I like the idea. Gives it more value even if its just a couple of bucks.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #41 (permalink)

Here's a look at the packaging for the Cryptids release. If you look closely, you'll see one of the insert sets listed on the box.

We were able to secure hand signed autographs of some of the top cryptozoologists and cryptid hunters working in their field. Each card will be limited to 100, with 5 different cards spread across the 500 packs.

The cryptozoologist autos included in this set are:

Loren Coleman

Craig Woolheater

Nick Redfern

Lyle Blackburn

Ken Gerhard

Also, thanks to everyone that has ordered packs so far, we really appreciate you supporting us with this new venture!

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 09-21-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #42 (permalink)

Is the release date being delayed? There are quite a few artists without preview sketches.

Just curious, I have two packs coming either way! Lol
Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Is the release date being delayed? There are quite a few artists without preview sketches.

We're still on schedule, and the set will be releasing this coming Tuesday, the 25th of September.

The reason for the lack of previews is simply because we gave artists a large amount of time to complete their sketches, and have been scanning them as they arrive. Some artists scanned sketches as they were completed and sent us the images, which is why some popped up quite early. We have all the sketches now and are completing high res scans of each one for our archives. I'll try to get some more previews up by the weekend for everyone to see. There are some really great sketches coming in!

We have a very small team, and have taken some time recently to finish up the non-sketch inserts as well. This set will have 500 stamp relic cards that we completed by hand, and then went back to hand number each one. We also hand numbered all 500 (5 sets of 100) of the autographed cards. Since the sketches all get their own magnetic holders, it takes a little more time to package each one. Then we also have the serial numbered hologram security stickers on each pack.

Give me a moment and I'll show you some previews of the inserts.

Edit: Here's a Cryptozoologist autograph preview of Lyle Blackburn:

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 09-20-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post

Quote:

Gary did more than just 2 sketches for the Cryptids set, but many are horizontal so we decided to show 2 larger images instead of squeezing in 3 or 4 on this preview sheet.

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 09-21-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #45 (permalink)

Do you have a picture of the stamp relic cards you could show us? I'm MUCH too eager to wait until next week when you ship my pack out.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #46 (permalink)

WOW, best previews for last I guess lol. Amazing work.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #47 (permalink)

WOW RHI Owens, Gary Kezele, and Charles Hall in one preview......please be in one of my 2 packs!!!!
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #48 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Very nice, I am glad I bought some.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #49 (permalink)

Shipping out tomorrow right?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #50 (permalink)

I just bought 3 more packs... Those sketches by Gary, Rhiannon and Charles are amazing.