Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sketch card ?

Can anybody tell me anything about this card and its value? I won it on Twitter and I've never done anything non-sports. Any help would be appreciated.

Cotton69Candy4M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well let's see, this is a toughie...it is a sketch card by artist Tone Rodriguez from Family Guy Season 2. Oh, by the way, Tone did 512 sketches for the set and this is number 332.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

I looked up Family Guy sketch cards currently for sale on Ebay. I didn't see this specific one, but there are several and the cheapest one I saw was around $50.00.

The average price for the lower end sketches were around $65.00 and I would personally put this one in that category.

1 to go for the 2012 TNA Reflexxions set! Paying well for on card autos I still need.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow! I'll take some of what he's smoking...honestly, it is likely a $15-$20 sketch. The sketches from season 2 were not as popular as season 1 (generally speaking, there were many that sold well because of the subject matter) and should certainly not be compared to the ones from Leaf which are done by the show's creators.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

There are none on Ebay for that much but I am glad you took the time to actually respond with an actual helpful and insightful post compared to your first one.

Tone is a very well known artist who does amazing work and is pretty popular.

OP I am sorry for offering my opinion and the truth is this is what you mostly get from this site. Very very low offers and rude people that are no help whatsoever.

Best of luck to you.

1 to go for the 2012 TNA Reflexxions set! Paying well for on card autos I still need.

Last edited by gentlevader; 08-25-2012 at 05:47 PM.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevader View Post
There are none on Ebay for that much but I am glad you took the time to actually respond with an actual helpful and insightful post compared to your first one.

Tone is a very well known artist who does amazing work and is pretty popular.

OP I am sorry for offering my opinion and the truth is this is what you mostly get from this site. Very very low offers and rude people that are no help whatsoever.

Best of luck to you.
Problem is, this isn't a $50 card. A colored sketch from Tone might get $50, a black and white like the one above will not. His sketches we fairly common in this release and the B&W were prevelant.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Actually, I consider myself to be fairly knowledgable regarding sketch cards, seeing that I have bought and sold more than a thousand of them. I, like many people, just do not have much patience for people asking questions that can be answered by just looking at the card itself and then checking ebay.

I feel that my assesment of it being a $15-$20 card is a pretty fair retail value...not an offer to purchase. It is a basic sketch (no color or theme) of one of the show's lesser stars.
Tone (along with many of the other sketch artists who worked on this set) did some very cool pieces for the two Inkworks sets, this is simply not one of them. If gentlevader feels it is a $50-$60 card, I am sure that you could come to a quick agreement for him to purchase it.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
I, like many people, just do not have much patience for people asking questions that can be answered by just looking at the card itself and then checking ebay.
Igman, I did look on eBay but as gentlevader said their weren't any of this card listed, so that didn't do me any good. So I came to this forum for help. Then I got a smart ass reply from you and helpful replies from zerokruel and gentlevader. So thanks for the help to the 2 of them.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

As it is an original piece of art, it is unlikely that you will find your card for sale as this set was not widely known for "repeat-a-sketches" where the artist did the same piece multiple times. Each and every sketch card is considered a 1 of 1.

Here is a link for samples from season 2

Inkworks | Family Guy Sketch Cards

Again, yours is not going to be a highly sought after piece because of the previously mentioned factors.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

For what its worth, before the Leaf release, sketch cards like this actually did some really odd numbers. I know I went after a few and I can recall several weak no-color sketch cards hitting the 50.00+ mark. Not Nar either.

After the Leaf release, I can see this being a sub 50.00 sketch with the others having color on a more regular basis.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Ok well I did some ebay research and the last two plain black and white Family Guy Season 2 sketches that sold were for $12.51 and $11.45. But in my opinion this looks to be a better drawn sketch so I would say around the same price as Igman7 said maybe $20-25. Just so you know I am not interested in this card and this is just my opinion on the card
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for the help everyone