Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #226 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AceGambit3 Send a message via MSN to AceGambit3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJSquared View Post
I wish I could find shops around me that would carry some but most places I've called think I'm crazy when I ask for Big Bang Theory cards. Do all the card shops around you carry them? Everything here is Magic or comics and the ones that don't focus on those are more HeroClix and 40K. I can't even find one shop that carries Cryptozoic cards, except for the random retail blisters at Walmart.

2 do, but one is heavily into Magic & WOW, while other is major Comic store
(but honestly both haven't a flippin clue about non-sports,
they are just on automatic order lists for a couple boxes of each release
and slap whatever price they want on them when they come in.)
Luckily for me, since they know nothing at all about non-sports,
their prices actually are good for brand new release product.

The main store I go to though is sports only but whenever I ask about certain non-sports, owner is always willing to get in boxes for me.
Helps if you are a regular in your stores establishment.
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #227 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat as a few of the last posters. Only one shop really anywhere near me, and it's mainly a comic store instead of a hobby store. They basically don't have any cards at all aside from the gaming cards like wow, magic, etc. Other than that a few action figures, heroclix (sp?), and comic books.

I asked about The Walking Dead boxes when season 2 dropped, owner had no idea what I was even talking about and said he has the board game if that's it..also said if it's not like cards for a game, they won't have them. I then asked about the Batman box a few days before release and the girl working said she didn't know what I was talking about, but that her and the owner were big DC fans so they might have it.

Needless to say I didn't bother going back to checking, I just ordered online. Quite annoying not having a store close by where I can get non gaming cards. I'd enjoy picking up non sports, UFC, and football cards. But whenever I ask I'm looked at like I'm crazy and they have no idea.

I figure I might go back in and ask if they can order stuff from their distributor and what they can order, because I'm highly interested in a Walking Dead season 3 case when it drops. So maybe I can get him to order 1 or 2 to pick up and get for a good price because he won't know what he has. But I know it helps to be a regular, which I'm really not. I'm not into any gaming cards so I don't play magic or anything like that, I tend to stay far from that. And as far as comic books I'm really only interested in The Walking Dead. So tough for me to go by the store when I have nothing to go there for since they don't carry nongaming stuff.

I'm assuming imma have to keep ordering from online, but maybe this local store can pull through one day.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #228 (permalink)

The thing I don't get is why most comic book stores just carry gaming cards and comics. With such a demand and business for non gaming cards like nonsport, football, UFC, basketball, etc...I'd like to think they'd carry all that. If I was an owner I'd have a pretty big mix.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
The main store I go to though is sports only but whenever I ask about certain non-sports, owner is always willing to get in boxes for me.
Helps if you are a regular in your stores establishment.
Is this store just a small local owned store?

I have JP Sports here, idk if its in multiple states or just local. But I know there's a few locations throughout. I'm wondering if they could order certain nonsport items like walking dead, Big Bang, etc. I'd think no because its a sports store, but never know I guess.

When I asked the guy at the comic store if he was going to be getting the walking dead hobby boxes, he said I should check JP Sports (about a mile down the road) because they might have some non gaming cards.

I still haven't been by yet though. Might have to check soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #230 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

I wish you guys were close to my shop. I have been trying to carry a wide variety of Sports and Non Sports along with Magic.
I bought a case of Crypto Batman and have not sold a box. Sports and Magic are the big sellers.

I still have 5 cases of WD2, 5 cases of Game of Thrones and some boxes of James Bond 50th Ann 2 along with the Crypto Batman.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #231 (permalink)

Not going to lie but Bond was a dog this year. My LCS still has a boatload. Game of Thrones was good out of the gate but with the show off the air interest dropped off. March would be a good time to start pimping that out.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #232 (permalink)

Was watching an ep of TBBT last night on tv- ep 308 where Penny falls in the tub and Sheldon rescues her.
When Penny and Sheldon were sitting in Penny's bed singing soft kitty, I was thinking how cool if that's the Penny/ Sheldon dual wardrobe card.
That photo of them sitting in the bed and the wardrobes they are wearing. I can only wish as that would be a cool card, plus the shirt Sheldon's wearing would make cool variants by the logo on it. Have to see, but that's my prediction/ hope. Just thought I'd share that thought.
Yellow601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
I wish you guys were close to my shop. I have been trying to carry a wide variety of Sports and Non Sports along with Magic.
I bought a case of Crypto Batman and have not sold a box. Sports and Magic are the big sellers.

I still have 5 cases of WD2, 5 cases of Game of Thrones and some boxes of James Bond 50th Ann 2 along with the Crypto Batman.
Looked you up, if I'm in the area I'll stop by. . . ever think of setting up (or visiting) one of the Chicago non-sport shows?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #234 (permalink)

Aw jeez, Nick at a Chicago show? How would I sell anything when I would constantly be drinking beers that he owes me.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #235 (permalink)

Just sold a case at $950 on ebay. Guys, as all along I'm going to strongly suggest buying this product, next case will sell at $1000 or higher now. Going to get a LOT worse after product is released as well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=251220140036
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #236 (permalink)

Same as last year, no joke. It'll be $100/box right after release once the general public knows it's out there.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #237 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

A couple fellow board members helped with some sales. Might have to move some of my inventory sooner rather than later if any one interested.

I do not usually set up at shows especially now that I have a shop.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #238 (permalink)

Hello,

Our stated odds for Wardrobe (dual or otherwise) is 1:24 packs.
But, since the Wardrobe collection is pretty large we increased the ratios a bit, but, the minimum you should be able to expect is one per box. Since the actual ratio is between 1 - 2 per box, we can't really say 1:12, it would make our customer service inbox a nightmare. But, you can anticipate a fair number of hits if you open a sealed case.
The Shelbot card - the reason his number is 1.1 and 1.2 is because the Shelbot is wearing the same shirt as Sheldon on 1.1. This is from Season 4, Episode 2, in which Sheldon is wearing his purple t-shirt, while his Shelbot is simultaneously wearing the same purple t-shirt. And to prevent worry, we received 2 t-shirts, so the cards won't be short printed.
LCS- If your local comic book store is not carrying our products, I encourage you to ask them to talk to their Diamond sales rep, or look through their latest edition of the Previews catalog. In addition to listing our standard items there, we are developing a series of exclusive items for Diamond as well. So, start talking to your LCS owners and managers!

Miranda
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #239 (permalink)

Thanks for the great info Miranda!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #240 (permalink)

Thank you Miranda!!!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #241 (permalink)

Great info Miranda!

Would you be able to share the odds of how many of the relic autos we may expect to see in a case?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #242 (permalink)

Thanks Miranda for clarifying the Sheldon/Shelbot wardrobe for me. It's great to hear that the ratios are better than 1:24 for the wardrobes.

I called a couple LCS last week asking about BBT cards or any Cryptozoic for that matter and I have a few callbacks today to see if they can order stuff for me. Looks like none near me stock them, but hopefully I can get them to at least order some boxes for me. I'm just worried that they're gonna overprice them and sell boxes for like $120.

I wish I preordered 2 cases, but after buying an almost-complete master set from someone on the boards, I just didn't wanna dish out another $800 or so and now I feel like I might regret that.
Main Wants: Rodgers 2012 5* MVP Auto, Fitz SPA RPA, Megatron NT RPA, AP NT RPA
MeetJSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #243 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up Miranda!
Excited to hear it's likely to get 2 wardrobes in a box. So say we go on every second box will have 2 wardrobes, you would get 18+ in a case. Sounds like good odds to me. Still curious as to how many dual wardrobes we can expect in a case (on average).
Interesting about the Sheldon and Shelbot wardrobes, considering they are both the same shirt. I'd be curious to know why they choose to do 2 cards for the same item, instead of just doing one (either Sheldon or Shelbot).
2 weeks to go! And it's getting better by the minute.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #244 (permalink)

On crypto's facebook page it says odds for the auto relics are 1:288, so only one per case. :-( Thats works out at about 84 cards of each of the relic auto's if distribution is even across the 7 cards. Think we're going to see prices even higher than series one.

Lucky i've got 5 cases coming :-)
edygriff21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #245 (permalink)

Where on the facebook page did you read that? Couldn't find and that's the first time I've heard that. Sure hope not as I was thinking we'd get at least 2 per case.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #246 (permalink)

Yeah I'm also looking at their page and see nothing about the odds being 1:288. I also just checked their website and it only lists odds at an auto or wardrobe at 1:24 and the printing plates at 1:864 packs. That would stink if you only got one auto/wardrobe per case.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #247 (permalink)

If the odds are stated to be 1:288, hopefully it's similar to the wardrobes and they put extras in. They only want to post 1:288 to protect their customer service department from get flooded with requests that they didn't get multiple auto relics.

Hopefully ....
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #248 (permalink)

Did they post these hit ratios in other products with auto/wardrobe cards? I don't remember seeing anything like that for The Vampire Diaries.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Did they post these hit ratios in other products with auto/wardrobe cards? I don't remember seeing anything like that for The Vampire Diaries.
Vampire Diaries is their first product with auto/wardrobe cards and they made it clear they were 1 per case. They seem to be much better with collation now, not a single break I've seen had anything but 1 auto/wardrobe, and it was uncommon to see a break that had duplicate auto's or wardrobes within a case.

I do hope the auto/wardrobes are a bit easier than 1 per case with 7 different ones. With production about double that of Vampire Diaries and a shorter autograph list (13 as opposed to 18 non auto/wardrobes) case breaks could start looking very similar apart from the auto/wardrobe. Still, the autograph checklist looks much stronger than the first release and the release looks to be a great one.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #250 (permalink)

I would hope they put at least a possibility of 2 per case, if just to keep singles prices for those 7 at bay. I mean, if the big 5 were like 2 per case last set, with the cheapest being a tad over $100 and up to $600 for Penny, I can't even imagine what prices could potentially reach this time around.
Main Wants: Rodgers 2012 5* MVP Auto, Fitz SPA RPA, Megatron NT RPA, AP NT RPA
MeetJSquared is offline   Reply With Quote