Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #276 (permalink)

Bought two boxes..one for my gf and one for me. Debating whether I want to break mine open and hope to get a big hit to sell, or just sell my box.

Can't decide :/

Thinking about selling my box, but I don't want to sell for anything under $100
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlM View Post
I think I will sell my case now, looks like it will be harder that I expected to complete this set
How much do you want for your case?
I'm thinking about getting 1 more to make an even 6 cases.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #278 (permalink)

Through my eyes, this is the most anticipated set of the year aside from WD. You have to remember, the majority of the public don't even know this is being released yet.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #279 (permalink)

Definitely going to sell my case. Not going to undersell it. Just a bit disappointed in the main cost auto odds. If someone is interested with an offer pm me.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #280 (permalink)

I just want to see some cases get broken. Given the history of Cryptozoic, they have been a company that has been keen on either under promising or over delivering, depending on how you see it. People getting extra hits in Walking Dead (I got two autographs in one box while another had four costume cards in it). I will not be shocked if the main case autos fall two per case more than they do not. But maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I still think that as an overall product, this one rivals Walking Dead, and will probably be the best card product of the first six months of the year.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I just want to see some cases get broken. Given the history of Cryptozoic, they have been a company that has been keen on either under promising or over delivering, depending on how you see it. People getting extra hits in Walking Dead (I got two autographs in one box while another had four costume cards in it). I will not be shocked if the main case autos fall two per case more than they do not. But maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I still think that as an overall product, this one rivals Walking Dead, and will probably be the best card product of the first six months of the year.
Well, I think they will overdeliver on some things, it just won't be the main 7 auto costume cards (since Miranda from Cryptozoic has already posted that these will be 1 per case, with only a small fraction of cases with a 2nd one). But instead of only 12 wardrobe cards per case, I am sure you will get extra ones plus the dual wardrobe cards. I also wouldn't be surprised if you get an extra regular auto or two per case. So in that way I think they will overdeliver. I just wouldn't count on getting more than 1 of the main 7 per case.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I like that about Cryptozoic, they tell you the bare minimum you could expect but then in most cases you get more. So much better than most companies where you often get less than advertised and they pull out the old "odds over the whole print run" small print, not to mention the old bait and switch where they advertise high profile names that disappear from the checklist after the ordering deadline passes.
They had some growing pains, collation issues and keeping release dates, but both are getting better, and except for a couple of instances I don't hear any problems with content, they nearly always get the best signers.

Definitely my favorite non sport company right now, by a wide margin. Almost all my non-sport purchases are Cryptozoic these days, except the odd single auto and True Blood.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #283 (permalink)

Case on Ebay for $999.99: Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 4 Cryptozoic Trading Card Factory SEALED Case 1 | eBay
And box $79.99: The Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 4 Cryptozoic Trading Card Factory SEALED Box 1 | eBay
If anyone looking for some.
Box seems like a good price for week before release date
Yellow601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #284 (permalink)

That's actually a great box price.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #285 (permalink)

I'm just sad that my case got cut in half by the distributor...why do I just know that the auto/costume will be in the other half?
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #286 (permalink)

Interesting that box prices haven't went up yet and just 1 week out of release. I imagine prices will start rising day after release.

They raise a decent amount 1-2 days after release will be the factor if I open my box or sell
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #287 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Interesting that box prices haven't went up yet and just 1 week out of release. I imagine prices will start rising day after release.

They raise a decent amount 1-2 days after release will be the factor if I open my box or sell
Box prices have gone up. Those were just listed today. I auctioned a box, and it ended on Sunday for $99. I'll guarantee you those will be gone by Friday or Saturday at the very latest.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 02-07-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Box prices have gone up. Those were just listed today. I auctioned a box, and it ended on Sunday for $99. I'll guarantee you those will be gone by Friday or Saturday at the very latest.
Interesting..I scanned recently but only seeing the ones up for auction the highest one I saw with bids was at $80.95.

If some boxes are selling for about $100 now, I imagine they'll slowly rise as release gets closer. Wasn't around on the forum or into buying boxes when previous BBT box(es) came out, so don't know the prices..but I can see these going for $110-120 shortly after release date.

At least I hope I'm not too far off lol. $110+ I'll sell mine for sure. Anything less ill probably break. Would like to sell before the 21st though of this month for some added money for a trip to Disney World, so I'll have to decide soon
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Interesting..I scanned recently but only seeing the ones up for auction the highest one I saw with bids was at $80.95.

If some boxes are selling for about $100 now, I imagine they'll slowly rise as release gets closer. Wasn't around on the forum or into buying boxes when previous BBT box(es) came out, so don't know the prices..but I can see these going for $110-120 shortly after release date.

At least I hope I'm not too far off lol. $110+ I'll sell mine for sure. Anything less ill probably break. Would like to sell before the 21st though of this month for some added money for a trip to Disney World, so I'll have to decide soon
Bust it, open a Penny and have a lot more $$ for Disney.

Here's the box I was referring to. Big Bang Theory Season 3 4 Cards Hobby SEALED Box PRESALE | eBay

My whole weekend will be doing preorders for bbt. Oh joy! lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #290 (permalink)

I remember last year's set being at about $70-80 right up until the day it came out. The day it hit, the price went up to $100 across the board. I imagine it'll be the same way with this release.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #291 (permalink)

I'd really like to get a Sheldon and Penny auto for the PC, but the prices are crazy now.

I'm hoping with a few more releases that they flood the market so the autos come down to a more affordable price.
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #292 (permalink)

Honestly I can't see the price for the boxes not reaching $130++
And a low of $120.

This set is 10x better than the original and those boxes are still selling for $110-$125

1st set. 12 autos (big 5) 18 costumes 1 redemption

2nd set. 20 autos (big 7 auto/costume) 30 costumes, 7 dual costumes, printing plates, and 2 redemptions.

Plus it looks like there won't be that many repeats per case which would make the cards hold even more value.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #293 (permalink)

I have a spot where I can get a box still for $75 so I think I might order an extra. Give on to my gf, I break one, and sell one.

In your guys opinion..I've been on eBay for awhile, but is there really a better way in selling trading cards on eBay..as in bid or buy now? Wondering if I should start just bidding out at 99 cents, or just do a buy now for like $120 and wait? Leaning more towards the 99 cent route, but idk
Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #294 (permalink)

Man, am I glad I committed to a case early on, I'm in for $750 shipped.
I only regret is not ordering more than 1 case back then. I plan to open mine, but if I had gotten 2 or 3 I'd still open 1 but I'd definitely have flipped any others, it would be like getting my case for free almost.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #295 (permalink)

If anyone has a case for sale please private message me with a price. I am not interested in any cases over 1000.00.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #296 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
If anyone has a case for sale please private message me with a price. I am not interested in any cases over 1000.00.
Well then sellers won't be interested in you as a buyer.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post

Lol... It doesn't matter if you're interested in under a $1,000 a case, people won't sell them for under 1k now.
If a case sells under $990 then the seller is making a big mistake and leaving money on the table IMO.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #298 (permalink)

Went to an area Wal-Mart this evening and was checking to see if they had any good basketball cards and got to talk to the lady that stocks the cards for the first time. I happened to notice as I was talking to her a new gravity feed box of BBT cards. I asked to make sure they were to be released, since all I had seen was the 13th, and she said they were today. Grabbed 5 retail packs, 5 cards per, at $2.48 each. Got 2 Duos inserts and 1 The Elevator insert with the rest base. Listed odds for autos are 1:1395 and wardrobes 1:480 with overall 1:328. Thought others would like to know this info.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #299 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRegg31 View Post
Went to an area Wal-Mart this evening and was checking to see if they had any good basketball cards and got to talk to the lady that stocks the cards for the first time. I happened to notice as I was talking to her a new gravity feed box of BBT cards. I asked to make sure they were to be released, since all I had seen was the 13th, and she said they were today. Grabbed 5 retail packs, 5 cards per, at $2.48 each. Got 2 Duos inserts and 1 The Elevator insert with the rest base. Listed odds for autos are 1:1395 and wardrobes 1:480 with overall 1:328. Thought others would like to know this info.
oh cool at least we know they are being released on time
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #300 (permalink)

Someone already selling retails packs on Ebay for $4.99 ea: New The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Season 3 4 on Hand Ready to SHIP Today | eBay
Interesting that retail packs have been released before hobby.
Plus those boxes I said were selling for 79.99, seller has now just put up to 89.99. I wonder if they saw this forum!
Yellow601 is offline   Reply With Quote