Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #601 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
$1,299.99 for that redemption and $3 shipping. He could at least include free shipping lol
if its BO, someone should offer $1,296.99

on another note, my case doesn't come until friday!!!! and i have plans after work up until saturday so i may not break it till saturday night or sunday... all these breaks are getting me excited
Full Want List: http://bit.ly/1cWBzxc
MeetJSquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #602 (permalink)

I received my Seasons 3 & 4 binder from UPS today. Can't wait for my boxes and case to arrive now.

The Howard costume card was plain yellow swatch.
Greengoblin782 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #603 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
I received my Seasons 3 & 4 binder from UPS today. Can't wait for my boxes and case to arrive now.

oh yeah, i got mine yesterday as well. although, i preordered the platinum binder for season 1 & 2 and have not gotten that yet. i did order both from ebay, but i thought platinum came out first?
Full Want List: http://bit.ly/1cWBzxc
MeetJSquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #604 (permalink)

Default Me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post

Came priority with a plain yellow Howard wardrobe card. Luckily it wasn't damaged, it just had scotch tape holding it in the 9 pocket page and had slipped out a little.
Best to All,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #605 (permalink)

Just found this site and is great to see the details on some of Sheldons shirts which are not in the pictures for example the variants of the M-14 are robots on his shirt.

They seasons where the shirts for this set were worn seem to span over season 2,3 and 4

All Shirts Worn by Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory | Season 2
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #606 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

I pulled a cool 3 color variant of M01.1 but it is not getting the bids I was expecting. It ends in 30 minutes on Ebay and is not even at $40.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #607 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
I pulled a cool 3 color variant of M01.1 but it is not getting the bids I was expecting. It ends in 30 minutes on Ebay and is not even at $40.
You are ending an auction in the middle of a weekday and you are surprised it's not going for as much as it should?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #608 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
You are ending an auction in the middle of a weekday and you are surprised it's not going for as much as it should?
These auctions do not work like normal because of the early buzz. I have been doing this for a long time. Not my first rodeo!!
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #609 (permalink)

Quote:
These auctions do not work like normal because of the early buzz. I have been doing this for a long time. Not my first rodeo!!
I don't think Tim is questioning why you are ending the auction during the week, but rather the time during the day (1-2 PM). I think if you had posted the auctions to end tonight they probably would have done better.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #610 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Ending auctions in the middle of the days screams otherwise.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #611 (permalink)
Tim

so guys - have you all noticed the initial hype/buzz/prices weakening? Really surprised at how dramatically it happened. Expected it to happen quickly but not to these levels. Having said that, ride it out because once collectors finish breaking their cases, they will fill in the missing wardrobes to finish their master sets. the autos of A8-A20 will never come back though.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #612 (permalink)

Quote:
so guys - have you all noticed the initial hype/buzz/prices weakening? Really surprised at how dramatically it happened. Expected it to happen quickly but not to these levels. Having said that, ride it out because once collectors finish breaking their cases, they will fill in the missing wardrobes to finish their master sets. the autos of A8-A20 will never come back though.
I agree with the auto's A8-20 and I think the wardrobes that are not variants will never come back from the fall in price either.

I think the costume variant that will bring in the most value is that of Sheldons green lantern shirt, only 2 variants so far I think
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #613 (permalink)

You do have a lot of people listing this all at one time. It seems like a lot of people got in cheap, busted it, and are getting what they can out. I'm glad I got in at $800, and even though I got Raj'ed for the second year in a row, I thought this was a great product to bust from a collector's standpoint. I got 20 relics and 12 autos, I would bet that the cost to replace those would be well over my initial investment, therefore, this was a great product in my book. I may even like this more than Walking Dead, but not by much.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #614 (permalink)

Way too soon on this, I'm sure. BUT, since this is my first Cryptozoic product, do the experts out there think they will bring out a 3rd series of BBT cards, maybe in the next year or so? Interested in your thoughts.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #615 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Way too soon on this, I'm sure. BUT, since this is my first Cryptozoic product, do the experts out there think they will bring out a 3rd series of BBT cards, maybe in the next year or so? Interested in your thoughts.
Well, the last two have come out on, pretty much, the exact same date for the last two years. You'll have your answer by July or August as it's announced. They'll slate it for a "late fall" release, and it'll show up on Feb. 13th, 2014. I mean, I'm just going on history here...
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #616 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Well, the last two have come out on, pretty much, the exact same date for the last two years. You'll have your answer by July or August as it's announced. They'll slate it for a "late fall" release, and it'll show up on Feb. 13th, 2014. I mean, I'm just going on history here...
I kind of figured that much, but will Cryptozoic more than likely actually put out a 3rd series at all? That's more my question.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #617 (permalink)

Quote:
I look at it the other way. They were never as strong as they're perceived to be. The only reason the early prices were insane was because of pent up demand and the folks out there that just gotta be first to have it. I posted numerous times about it already, but got dismissed accordingly. So, anyway, not even one bit surprised about it. Chop 50% sell value off anything not in the top few cards of a release within 48 hours of release and you're where you need to be. Penny wardrobes at $100. Check. Penny wardrobes at $50 2 days after release. Check. Danica autos at $202 at release. Check. Danica autos at $107 2 days after release. Check. ... and on it goes...
Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #618 (permalink)

The Leonard red shirt with black variants seems to be from his cassette t-shirt. A red and white variant would be a massive pull

Discontinued Shirts - Sheldon Shirts
Old 02-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #619 (permalink)

Ok, well I guess I'll be the one to disagree with Tim, which I believe will be my first time. lol.

You guys realize the majority of the public don't even have their cards yet, correct? I mean, the release date was yesterday. Boxes and cases are still being shipped to people, so of course they're reluctant to purchase anything until they've seen what they open.

Boxes and cases are moving very swiftly. In fact there are only 19 sellers even selling boxes as of right now, which is incredibly low. That means people are still wanting to break boxes, see what they get, then start the collecting.

I have noticed over the course of the last few mo's, everyone is in a frenzy to recoup $$ from breaks. I understand that. But at what cost? A seller literally sold a Fox autograph for $50 less than the one previously sold, only a few hours apart. Really? You mean to tell me a card drops $50 in hours?

I single handidly blame sellers for this. I know as a buyer, I do not want to pay more than the last card sold. So, to what end? This post is not intended to rant, or anything like that. And yes, I understand Tim's concern, as well as any seller (myself included), but to what end?

For the record, I do see A8 actually going up once people realize that this card is indeed short printed, as well as many relics and perhaps auto's.

Ok, sorry for the long post lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #620 (permalink)

One last thing I forgot to mention: Yes the initial frenzy of card prices were too high. I'm not arguing that. In fact, they were quite ridiculous. We're just seeing a correction.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #621 (permalink)

I'm sure a third series will be released. Where it will get weird is after the next release since they will only have one season to play with then
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #622 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
I'm sure a third series will be released. Where it will get weird is after the next release since they will only have one season to play with then
Yep.. There's no way they're not doing another set.

They could do a special guest set, or archive set, idk.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if next set they insert 10 redemption cards that you send in and you get a shirt worn by Leonard, or a jacket worn by Penny.
They could also do redemptions for props too.

I can also see the next redemption being an oversized autograph card with multiple signatures of the main cast
Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #623 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Ok, well I guess I'll be the one to disagree with Tim, which I believe will be my first time. lol.
So what do you disagree with from what I posted? You didn't really say anything that I disagreed with, so just curious. A8-A20 will never come back, check. Prices have softened from initial levels, check. Hang in there bc sales will come back.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #624 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
Looking at season 5, the notable guest appearances seem to be

Brent Spiner (as himself)
Michael J Massimino (NASA Astronaut, playing himself)
Leonard Nimoy (voice, as Mr. Spock)
Stephen Hawking (as himself, they'd have to be creative to find a way to get his autograph).
Some 1 off hot young actresses would make for better filler autos than Captain Sweatpants, like

Becky O'Donohue as Siri
Courtney Ford as Alice

For repeat signers and main cast Maybe Cryptozoic with get multi autos, like maybe a couples theme (Penny/Leonard, Amy/Sheldon, Howard/Bernadette.)
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #625 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the initial sale prices were just insanely high. Just a week ago, people were speculating that the Danica autos would sell for $75. The first few sold for $150-200, and have now settled at $100. Yes, that's a fast drop... but it's still above what we thought it would sell for. Also, it seems pretty clear that she isn't a SP, I think every case break I've seen has one of her autos. That may also be contributing to the drop.

On the dual wardrobes, it's great that there are 5 per case... but that is causing them to drop in price I think. It's not realistic to think they would sell for $125-150, that would mean you would get back $500-750 of the case price from just the duals? Much more realistic to think those will be $50 cards. Now if they had been 2 per case, it would have made sense for them to sell for $150.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote