Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #126 (permalink)

See that's what I was thinking, his birthday is the 15th and he watches it every night as well as has them all on dvd. I open tons of football and baseball cards and he really isn't into those but I think he would really enjoy this
GoVols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #127 (permalink)

I would say a case is the way to go if it fits into your budget, honestly.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #128 (permalink)

I hope this product comes on Jan 16th like it says it would be a great birthday gift to get my case that day!!! I am really looking forward to this release
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols View Post
Should I get my husband a box? Or is it only really worth it when you buy cases?
It depends on whether you are trying to make an autograph set I think. People like buying by the case because it ensures that you get the rare autographs (in last year's product, you usually got 2 of the big 5 in each case... so if you bought single boxes you might miss out on the rare autographs). If you are buying it more for the base set plus a chance at a cool autograph, then buying single boxes might make sense for you.

What will be interesting this year is if the expanded autograph list will mean less of each of the common autographs and more of the big ones. Going from 5 to 7 on the main characters, hopefully it will mean you will get 3 of those autographs per case, and hopefully no duplicates of the others.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #130 (permalink)

One thing I am confused about is the fact that is says one auto and one wardrobe per box. We don't have a list or any pics of wardrobe cards besides the auto/wardrobe cards.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
What will be interesting this year is if the expanded autograph list will mean less of each of the common autographs and more of the big ones. Going from 5 to 7 on the main characters, hopefully it will mean you will get 3 of those autographs per case, and hopefully no duplicates of the others.
I think that may be overly optimistic. They went from 5 to 7 "mains," but they also went from 11 signers to 20 total. I think a case with 2 of the big 7 is going to be pretty exceptionally good. I expect to see plenty of cases with none of them at all, since the autos are 1/box. Even if the "main" and "non-main" characters were seeded at the same rate (which would surprise me), plenty of cases would end up without one of the big 7 just mathematically.
unamuzd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unamuzd1 View Post
I think that may be overly optimistic. They went from 5 to 7 "mains," but they also went from 11 signers to 20 total. I think a case with 2 of the big 7 is going to be pretty exceptionally good. I expect to see plenty of cases with none of them at all, since the autos are 1/box. Even if the "main" and "non-main" characters were seeded at the same rate (which would surprise me), plenty of cases would end up without one of the big 7 just mathematically.
wow if that happens theres going to be alot of pissed off people when they open this product. I would probably not open another case from Crypto again.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #133 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by unamuzd1 View Post
LOL - there is no way that will happen unless they have collation problems. You can bet their intent will be to insert an average of two of the heavy hitters per case.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #134 (permalink)

Does anyone have any ideas on when this will finally come out? I would have thought that the autographs would be what holds them back, but it seems as if the costume cards are what's holding it up given we haven't seen what they look like yet? After getting shut out on a case of Walking Dead, this was going to be first case I think. Anyone heard anything at all?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Does anyone have any ideas on when this will finally come out? I would have thought that the autographs would be what holds them back, but it seems as if the costume cards are what's holding it up given we haven't seen what they look like yet? After getting shut out on a case of Walking Dead, this was going to be first case I think. Anyone heard anything at all?
It says Jan 16th hopefully that is right
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #136 (permalink)
Tim

I don't look for this to release until February. Autos/costumes are not holding things up; Crypto rightly is not going to release one big product after another - they want to let each release breathe a little first. (I believe they are looking at DC products differently than tv shows.) Thus, with VD releasing in late January, expect BBT to be mid-late Feb. (IF that is next.)
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I don't look for this to release until February. Autos/costumes are not holding things up; Crypto rightly is not going to release one big product after another - they want to let each release breathe a little first. (I believe they are looking at DC products differently than tv shows.) Thus, with VD releasing in late January, expect BBT to be mid-late Feb. (IF that is next.)
I always thought that they were going to put out Big Bang before Vampire Diaries, at least how I thought it happened last year. But I agree that they seem to like to spread their products out a bit instead of all at once. If Batman hits next week, I wouldn't expect Big Bang to hit till February or March at the earliest. I just mentioned that maybe costume cards might be held up since we have yet to see any of them on their site like we've become accustomed to.

I figure since Walking Dead was worth the wait, Big Bang will be too.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL - there is no way that will happen unless they have collation problems. You can bet their intent will be to insert an average of two of the heavy hitters per case.
The numbers aren't as terrible as I originally thought; you need around 167 of each of the mains to be able to make that happen. (7000 boxes means around 583 cases, 2/case means around 1166 from the mains, which is around 167 per cast member. I'm willing to believe 100-250 per, with Rauch signing like a fiend since she did so many for True Blood.) If the other 13 were equally distributed, you'd need around 450 of each to make it work out.

To get to 3/case, you'd need the mains to sign an average of 250 cards each. I don't know how that stacks up to the first set for the mains, but it seems high. We'll see.
unamuzd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
I was bored and trying to figure out the relic auto odd ...

If there are 100 each of the relic autos, odds are 1:10 boxes to have 1 meaning most cases will have one while 20% of the cases will have 2.

If 150 of each, then the odds are 1:6-7 boxes meaning most cases have 2 with a very small chance of only having 1.

If 200 of each, then the odds are 1:5 boxes meaning most will have 2 while a good amount of cases will have 3.

I'm hoping for 150 of each to give them a little more value but not impossible to try and get.

Realistically, it will probably be 100 of each.

My odds that I calculated from my boredom in an earlier post.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #140 (permalink)

you can't always calculate the odds like that. a lot of times retail chains will purchase hobby boxes directly from the manufacturer and not by the case.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
you can't always calculate the odds like that. a lot of times retail chains will purchase hobby boxes directly from the manufacturer and not by the case.
Retail chains don't get Hobby boxes unless they get dumped at a later time.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #142 (permalink)

Even if retail chains purchase Hobby boxes, they are only making 7000 hobby boxes.

They haven't announced if there is a BBT retail version.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #143 (permalink)

It would be awesome if we could get a release date for this. All the big online retailers have it set for next week, but I think we all know that is not going to happen. It would be amazing if it did, would make my 2013.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #144 (permalink)

a major online dealer has cases for 880 what was the original case price when preorders first went up ?
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
It would be awesome if we could get a release date for this. All the big online retailers have it set for next week, but I think we all know that is not going to happen. It would be amazing if it did, would make my 2013.
Most likely February. I'd rather them not rush this, and have collation good etc. I'm really looking forward to this release.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #146 (permalink)

wow cases for $880. I got mine for $660
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
a major online dealer has cases for 880 what was the original case price when preorders first went up ?
I pre-ordered mine pretty late but got it for $750.

Collecting all Houston Rockets players, current and former.
rocketfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #148 (permalink)

Even $750 is a great deal for a case quite honestly. I see boxes hitting $90-100 after release.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #149 (permalink)

if you locked in at several cases at 660 then you will be making some nice coin. you can make coin just from flipping the cases but also probably from opening as well.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #150 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
It's official - February 13.