Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Razor Autographs and Stickers?

I had a question to all you NS collectors.

Does a "authentic" sticker from Razor or Inkworks typically make an autograph worth more because it makes it less likely the auto is fake? Is there no real difference in the "worth?"
Artiodactyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Tough question to answer except for each of us. For me, I don't look at the top tier Inkworks autographs (the ones more likely to be counterfeited) so I don't care about the sticker. Anyway, I take all my cards out of the toploaders to put them in albums so the sticker doesn't last long anyway.

Not that I can speak for buyers but consider any autograph card that is faked and faked well enough to stand on its own... would it be so difficult to also fake the sticker?
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

From the auctions I watch the Razor enclosed cards do tend to sell for a premium.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

I bought a Christina Hendricks auto earlier today (impulse when it was 3 minutes left and was at $22.00) that has the sticker and I am always cautious of fakes. But this card sold for $40.00 so I am having a little buyers remorse and hoping I didn't get duped. Signature looks legit. Sticker looks legit too.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artiodactyla View Post
I bought a Christina Hendricks auto earlier today (impulse when it was 3 minutes left and was at $22.00) that has the sticker and I am always cautious of fakes. But this card sold for $40.00 so I am having a little buyers remorse and hoping I didn't get duped. Signature looks legit. Sticker looks legit too.
yes its legit and no you didnt get duped. i bid 40.00 on the card since that was the most i would pay since i buy to resell. you should be able to get 100.00 off of this card.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, it wasn't a bad buy. I think I will be keeping it for now. It will go up since she is about to star in a few films, hopefully as a main character. Would like to see it increase like Angelina Jolie's cards did!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

wow her autographs have gone up that much? You could buy these for less than $40 just 2 years ago!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

2 really big reasons.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think it's personal preference. Some people like the Razor sealed cards because they feel the cards have an added layer of security for being real, and possibly because they feel the cards are more limited. I think some also like them being "uncirculated", but a note on that: when I first started selling some of these cards, I took them out of the sealed toploaders. However, I stopped after I found that some of my best cards were slightly damaged, with the damage covered by the razor seal.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't think anyone enjoys questioning the authenticity of their collection. I remember seeing a thread on an Angelina Jolie autograph card. It was questionable in authenticity because all of the autographs were so similar. If there was a sticker on it, I would feel more "at-ease" if I were looking to buy one.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artiodactyla View Post
I don't think anyone enjoys questioning the authenticity of their collection. I remember seeing a thread on an Angelina Jolie autograph card. It was questionable in authenticity because all of the autographs were so similar. If there was a sticker on it, I would feel more "at-ease" if I were looking to buy one.
Good incentive for a forger to spend 5c adding stickers to his fakes
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote