Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   NON-SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/)
-   -   Star Wars Box Question (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/380706-star-wars-box-question.html)

zonacats8 10-09-2012 02:40 AM

Star Wars Box Question

So I'm a huge Star Wars fan, always have been, never got into anything but the movies, but they're among my favorites of all time (well the first 3 hahaha). I was at walmart and saw some rack packs for Star Wars Galactic Files and thought they were really cool.

Is buying a box of that worth it at the price here on blowout or is there something else I'd enjoy breaking better?

I really want to try a Star Wars box that isn't too expensive but still a fun break. I'm assuming there are some sort of hits in each box like in sports right?

Thanks for the suggestions

Koppper 10-09-2012 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3444457]So I'm a huge Star Wars fan, always have been, never got into anything but the movies, but they're among my favorites of all time (well the first 3 hahaha). I was at walmart and saw some rack packs for Star Wars Galactic Files and thought they were really cool.

Is buying a box of that worth it at the price here on blowout or is there something else I'd enjoy breaking better?

I really want to try a Star Wars box that isn't too expensive but still a fun break. I'm assuming there are some sort of hits in each box like in sports right?

Thanks for the suggestions[/QUOTE]

Zona, whats up man! Stewart is going in the mail today by the way. Well I got into star wars cards during the release of Galaxy 6. That was the most fun I have had opening boxes, as Topps usually had two sketches per box, or printing plate/ sketch per box. And the sketches were really well done!! That stuff now though is $130-$160 for a box so tough get there. Galaxy 7 I got a case of and pulled some really nice cards. The Galaxy cards are more focused around sketches. As they have Sketchagraphs, which are hard signed cards with a sketch above it....very cool most of them. The new galactic files is more of a set builder/ patch (patches are not impressive) collector and autos of the actors/actress with a real photo...no sketch. I personally enjoy the galaxy set better than galactic files. There are still alot of nice sketches out there, but not as compared to what I saw on the galaxy set. Go for a galaxy 7 box, its $20 bucks cheaper too!!!

zonacats8 10-09-2012 11:40 AM

Thanks for the tips Kopper!

What I really liked in this rack pack was the random character and scene cards from the movies, those were just pretty cool for me as I'm such a big fan of the movies. So it wasn't really as much about wanting hits for me, do they have those same kinda cards in the Galaxy 7?

How much does a box of those normally run? Do they also have like 2 sketches/plates per box like the 6's?

I'm so much in selling mode again to try and be able to get some sort of Star Wars box, can't believe I didn't really realize how awesome they were until now. Was searching through some box breaks on here and looking at sketch cards on eBay, some really really cool stuff out there.

zonacats8 10-09-2012 11:46 AM

Really I'm looking for something geared more towards the movies than the comics and such as I want to know most of the characters I'm getting

Koppper 10-09-2012 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3445101]Really I'm looking for something geared more towards the movies than the comics and such as I want to know most of the characters I'm getting[/QUOTE]

Ya the cards are really sweet. The thing with Galactic Files is that it was supposed to encompass the entire Stars Wars universe. So this includes the movies, but also the clone wars cartoon series, and a good amount of expanded universe stuff (basically the stuff that happens years after the movie and many years before the movies) So you could be getting something you have no idea on, but that can be fun. SW Galaxy 7 was heavily preordered so Topps only put in one sketch per box, and the printing plates were like one every other case.....so ya production was ramped up. I'm hoping Galaxy 8 will be like Galaxy 6, just like in sports cards how one year that set is up then the next year it is not as good. Granted I liked Galaxy 7, but the extra sketch would of been nice.

So Galactic Files may actaully be fun, you may get someone that your not sure about, but there are some really, really cool expanded universe characters that you may not know about. Like Han and Leia's kids, luke's son, some really cool bad guys. Your a winner with either one. It comes down to sketch cards, and I prefer Galaxy 7 over Galactic Files...its cheaper and ya one less hit, but those patch cards are rough....come one topps.

zonacats8 10-09-2012 01:46 PM

Ordered myself a box of Galaxy 7, think it should be here Thursday, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Almost hoping it's not too much fun to open (but not really :)!) as I didn't have the money for this one as it is, used Bill Me Later and will be selling stuff to pay it off by the end of the week hopefully

Clarka3 10-09-2012 02:28 PM

Let me know how that break goes man. I want to see what all comes out of it.

zonacats8 10-09-2012 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=Clarka3;3445725]Let me know how that break goes man. I want to see what all comes out of it.[/QUOTE]

Will do, I'll scan everything and send them over to you

zonacats8 10-09-2012 05:32 PM

I swear the world is just going to be teasing me until this box shows up

An hour after ordering the box I get in my car and on the XM fantasy channel they were doing a segment called the cabana or something with sound effects from the original star wars in that bar and R2-D2 sound effects.

Then about an hour later someone bought a card from me off eBay and paid for it, the email address tied to the PayPal account was like lukeiamyourfather@..... Hahahaha

zonacats8 10-09-2012 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3446553]I swear the world is just going to be teasing me until this box shows up

An hour after ordering the box I get in my car and on the XM fantasy channel they were doing a segment called the cabana or something with sound effects from the original star wars in that bar and R2-D2 sound effects.

Then about an hour later someone bought a card from me off eBay and paid for it, the email address tied to the PayPal account was like lukeiamyourfather@..... Hahahaha[/QUOTE]

WOW

Just was looking at an offer I received this morning too and the eBay users name was "skywlkr"

wtf is going on with all these star wars references today of all days, hahaha, maybe I need to watch one of them tonight too

Koppper 10-09-2012 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3446626]WOW

Just was looking at an offer I received this morning too and the eBay users name was "skywlkr"

wtf is going on with all these star wars references today of all days, hahaha, maybe I need to watch one of them tonight too[/QUOTE]

Your learning about the force in these non sports cards, compared to sports breaks where you always lose lol!!!

zonacats8 10-09-2012 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=Koppper;3446653]Your learning about the force in these non sports cards, compared to sports breaks where you always lose lol!!![/QUOTE]

Hahaha

I'm already chalking the box up as a win anyways as I'm not planning on selling anything from it, just doing it for fun as I love me some Star Wars.

zonacats8 10-10-2012 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3446553]I swear the world is just going to be teasing me until this box shows up

Then about an hour later someone bought a card from me off eBay and paid for it, the email address tied to the PayPal account was like lukeiamyourfather@..... Hahahaha[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3446626]WOW

wtf is going on with all these star wars references today of all days, hahaha, maybe I need to watch one of them tonight too[/QUOTE]

And it continues........

Was in my LCS today and someone came in with low and behold, the Star Wars theme song as their ringtone, you've gotta be kidding me, hahahahaha

zonacats8 10-12-2012 01:53 PM

Showed up today, can't wait to break it later tonight

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/img1993d.jpg/][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img197/8886/img1993d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Koppper 10-12-2012 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3461086]Showed up today, can't wait to break it later tonight

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/img1993d.jpg/][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img197/8886/img1993d.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

Good luck man!! Pull me a Ryan Tannehill lol

zonacats8 10-12-2012 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=Koppper;3461295]Good luck man!! Pull me a Ryan Tannehill lol[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be a neat trick, hahaha

I'm really hoping for a 1/1 sketch card as I've never pulled a 1/1 before and think that would be a really cool way for me to pull my first one.

Koppper 10-12-2012 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3461371]Wouldn't that be a neat trick, hahaha

I'm really hoping for a 1/1 sketch card as I've never pulled a 1/1 before and think that would be a really cool way for me to pull my first one.[/QUOTE]

Ha dude they are all one of one!!! So no matter what you will have one in there!!! All topps sketch cards are one of one, you can find out the artist counts though for each set most the time on scoundrel art.

zonacats8 10-12-2012 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Koppper;3461479]Ha dude they are all one of one!!! So no matter what you will have one in there!!! All topps sketch cards are one of one, you can find out the artist counts though for each set most the time on scoundrel art.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha

I honestly thought since only some of the sketch cards that get posted on here show the back that says 1/1 that only some were like that and others the artist did multiples of that specific sketch. Honestly slightly disappointed by that since I was hoping to get my first 1/1 at random and not where it's guaranteed, same reason I won't buy a product that guarantees a booklet till I pull one naturally for my first

Think I'll get over it pretty easy though, hahaha

What size cards are they done on?

I'd like to make sure I have a one touch in the right size, can stop by my LCS before they close if they're all the same size

Koppper 10-12-2012 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;3461501]Hahahaha

I honestly thought since only some of the sketch cards that get posted on here show the back that says 1/1 that only some were like that and others the artist did multiples of that specific sketch. Honestly slightly disappointed by that since I was hoping to get my first 1/1 at random and not where it's guaranteed, same reason I won't buy a product that guarantees a booklet till I pull one naturally for my first

Think I'll get over it pretty easy though, hahaha

What size cards are they done on?

I'd like to make sure I have a one touch in the right size, can stop by my LCS before they close if they're all the same size[/QUOTE]

Same size as any regular card, yeah wish they would do the sketch cards numberd by how many they actually did for the set....but thats wishing, also their are some rare true 1/1's by the artist Joe C. I believe who did the foil villian set. It's a 6 card set of all the bad guys, and you can get the original artwork for that subset which is pretty cool, and that would truley be a 1/1. Only problem is their are only like 6 and I know I have seen a few surface and sell for $700-$900 I believe.

zonacats8 10-12-2012 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Koppper;3461547]Same size as any regular card, yeah wish they would do the sketch cards numberd by how many they actually did for the set....but thats wishing, also their are some rare true 1/1's by the artist Joe C. I believe who did the foil villian set. It's a 6 card set of all the bad guys, and you can get the original artwork for that subset which is pretty cool, and that would truley be a 1/1. Only problem is their are only like 6 and I know I have seen a few surface and sell for $700-$900 I believe.[/QUOTE]

oooooo, so they're all 1/1's because they're hand drawn, but there are some where the artist did the same general sketch, right?

So I need a 35 pt like most base cards or is it a little thicker and would be a 55?

mcguirem13 10-12-2012 03:51 PM

They are the same size as most base cards so 35 pt will work.

zonacats8 10-12-2012 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=mcguirem13;3461694]They are the same size as most base cards so 35 pt will work.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks

natbornkiller 10-12-2012 04:28 PM

Dibs on any konerkos

zonacats8 10-13-2012 02:25 AM

WOW

That was the most fun I've ever had breaking a box, LOVE the sketch card

Here's my break thread: [url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sport-box-breaks/382488-star-wars-galaxy-7-box-break-my-first-non-sports-box-howd-i-do.html[/url]

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img825/258/img2003r.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img585/6280/img2004vv.jpg[/IMG]

zonacats8 10-13-2012 06:23 PM

Anyone know about what the sketch might be worth?