Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Prominent Cuts discrepancy

Hi, for anyone familiar with 2009 UD Prominent cuts, I am having trouble finding some of the swatches claimed to be in the movies stated.
Just got done watching Bruce Almighty, with Jim Carrey. After watching and fast forwarding twice, with the specific intention of finding the jersey claimed to be worn by him in the movie, I did NOT see it anywhere.
Also, I have the same problem with one of the most expensive swatches in the set. I am a huge Bruce Lee fan, and after watching Enter the Dragon several times, I can say I did not see this item, claimed to be beaver pelt from a robe worn in the movie. People have paid $200 for this swatch, and I can honestly say that its not in the movie.
Anyone on here that can point these out to me in the movie, the help would be greatly appreciated.
I know UpperDeck isn't the most reputable company out there.....

Last edited by YellowCobra79; 10-09-2012 at 01:05 PM.
YellowCobra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

i don't have my bruce lee swatch in front of me but i do know that the fur coat that they cut up was on auction a few years back. i tracked it down and unless they swapped it out, it looks legit. as far as what the back says, unless it says it was worn in that movie, they probably just put down the name of a movie as a reference point.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

This one?

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic...ALMIGHTY_l.jpg
FrankieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

UD actually shows the robe that was used from the relics on the back of the 2009 A Piece of History card. The robe itself is a royal blue and the fur comes from the lining.

You can see it on the pictures in this listing 2009 Upper Deck Piece of History Bruce Lee Robe Enter the Dragon Rare! | eBay
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow.....not sure how I missed the Bruce Almighty jersey. I have it on my DVR, maybe cable cut out that part for a commercial or something. I'll have to watch it again, but thank you very much for the help there.
As far as the Bruce Lee movie worn robe.....I was obviously watching for a full fitted robe, not a blue one with furred lining, lol. Thank you for the help there as well. I am really impressed with the speed and willingness to help on here. It's almost like there are still nice people out there, haha. Thank you guys so much.

*Just ff through the Bruce Almighty I DVR'd , and it was definitely cut out for a commercial. Nowhere did he have the Sabers jersey on, nor did Aniston have the red shirt. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by YellowCobra79; 10-11-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default ONE MORE.....

Has anyone ever come across the Prominent Cuts HH-25 Sammy Davis Jr card? I have been collecting these cards for over 2 years, and have never seen one listed anywhere, for sale or box break. It seems like Upper Deck culled some of the cards before the sets release since they skip a few numbers in the sequence. I'm thinking this was one of them, but wasn't removed from the checklist for some reason. I would love for someone to prove me wrong and show me a pic of this card. I have the jumbo hand-numbered version, as well as the smaller dual materials versions, but like I said, have never seen the regular sized swatch ever.....