Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwoodford View Post
Looks like eBay removed them?
Nope, still up. Not surprisingly, at those prices not even 1 card has a single bid yet
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129
Default

Ah wasn't showing up on my .com.au search as wasn't shipping internationally. Not even a nice patch to justify the price, just going for first mover advantage..

Will be curious to see what the prices on the Dobrev hit over the next week.
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #53 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Good thing the Internet police are here
Are you the seller? I just reported whoever it is to my contact at Crypto as well. If the person is direct with Crypto, Crypto will get their lawyers involved. If the person is not direct, they will work behind the scenes to rectify the situation.

How disgusting that people try to break rules in place for their own personal gain. At least the seller's prices are so high he won't have any significant impact on the rest of us, lol.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,655
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I've reported that seller to the ceo of Crypto, who emails me quite frequently. I hate to do it, but it's just not right. The rest of us are not allowed to sell yet, heck I havent' even received my cases for my customers yet. Just not right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Are you the seller? I just reported whoever it is to my contact at Crypto as well. If the person is direct with Crypto, Crypto will get their lawyers involved. If the person is not direct, they will work behind the scenes to rectify the situation.

How disgusting that people try to break rules in place for their own personal gain. At least the seller's prices are so high he won't have any significant impact on the rest of us, lol.
Thank you both for taking the appropriate steps to notify Cryptozoic. It is the right thing to do.
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #55 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,029
Default Vampire Diaries Season 2 midnight ebay sale!

I will have my listings appear tonight at midnight on ebay, and if anyone wants prices direct (off ebay) at a discount, PM me. Every card is available, including one master set, which has all three auto wardrobes, all 18 autos, all 29 wardrobes, and the six dual wardrobes!
Thanks
Tim
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 848
Default

Ok, now the early listings have been taken down.

Despite the fact I'm only going after 1 card from this set, I'll be eagerly watching to see how this release plays out. I kind of wish I'd have gotten a case just for fun, but it was too hard to justify with BBT coming fairly close after it and BBT has several cards that would be "keepers" for me.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,804
Default

All cases came for me this morning, having fun shipping them out to customers.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Ok, now the early listings have been taken down.

Despite the fact I'm only going after 1 card from this set, I'll be eagerly watching to see how this release plays out. I kind of wish I'd have gotten a case just for fun, but it was too hard to justify with BBT coming fairly close after it and BBT has several cards that would be "keepers" for me.
Let's not overbid each other on the 1 card
dpwoodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
gst177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to gst177
Default

I have finally ended the streak of cases without hitting a redemption. I was able to hit Redemption #7.

The collation for me out of 4 cases was horrible.

Auto relics - 3 Ian's and 1 dobrev plus the redemption I guess

Dual costumes - got only 3 out of the 6. Did not pull the brothers or any one of the ones with Dobrev.

Collation for single costume and base autographs were decent compared to last year.
gst177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst177 View Post
I have finally ended the streak of cases without hitting a redemption. I was able to hit Redemption #7.

The collation for me out of 4 cases was horrible.

Auto relics - 3 Ian's and 1 dobrev plus the redemption I guess

Dual costumes - got only 3 out of the 6. Did not pull the brothers or any one of the ones with Dobrev.

Collation for single costume and base autographs were decent compared to last year.
Congratulations on the redemption. At least now you will have at least one of each of the auto wardrobe cards. Were you planning on selling or redeeming it? Also did any of the regular autographs seem more rare then the others? What was the breakdown like for the Autographs and Wardrobe cards?
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
gst177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to gst177
Default

I think my four cases are too small of a break to notice what is short. I only had one triplet in the single wardrobes department.

The diuble relics was a different story. Unless the three main chracter ones are SPs, I had really bad collation.

As for pricing on the redemption, would you price it as all three cards added together or would you add a premium since tchni ally there is only 10. Thanks.

I was also going to see if TIM on this site noticed any shortprints or if he opened any cases with 2 auto costume cards. Based on Ebay auctions, it looks like he opened quite a bit.
gst177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #62 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,029
Default

I broke 12 CASES and got ONE master set. The collation is AWFUL. Bad for set builders, good for multi-case breakers selling singles to collectors making a master set of their own.

The autos are inserted disproportionately. Really bad in fact.

The auto wardrobes are one per case. 100 total of each actor made as there are 300 total cases made.

Wardrobes have some short ones too but that could just be the way my cases broke - nothing as egregious as the autos.

2-3 duals per case.

The common autos will not hold much value but the short ones will go higher and the wardrobes - just like with Walking Dead - will be solid due to the fact there are so many needed to get a set. Just my opinion.

I would not break just one or two cases of this trying to make money. I don't even know if I'd break two cases in the hopes of making a master set. I'd buy singles. This one requires a LOT of cases if you are trying for a master set.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst177 View Post
I think my four cases are too small of a break to notice what is short. I only had one triplet in the single wardrobes department.

The diuble relics was a different story. Unless the three main chracter ones are SPs, I had really bad collation.

As for pricing on the redemption, would you price it as all three cards added together or would you add a premium since tchni ally there is only 10. Thanks.

I was also going to see if TIM on this site noticed any shortprints or if he opened any cases with 2 auto costume cards. Based on Ebay auctions, it looks like he opened quite a bit.
That would be a good idea to ask Tim. Im pretty sure he busted 10 or more. Thats tough on the redemption. If the cards are serial numbered or marked in a different way then the normal packed inserted ones I could see a premium but if theres no difference once its redeemed then there wouldnt be any way to tell which ones were what so I would think the same price as the 3 added together. Theres no way to tell unless you redeem it thou. From what Cryptozoic put out thou it seems to indicate they are all the same.
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I broke 12 CASES and got ONE master set. The collation is AWFUL. Bad for set builders, good for multi-case breakers selling singles to collectors making a master set of their own.

The autos are inserted disproportionately. Really bad in fact.

The auto wardrobes are one per case. 100 total of each actor made as there are 300 total cases made.

Wardrobes have some short ones too but that could just be the way my cases broke - nothing as egregious as the autos.

2-3 duals per case.

The common autos will not hold much value but the short ones will go higher and the wardrobes - just like with Walking Dead - will be solid due to the fact there are so many needed to get a set. Just my opinion.

I would not break just one or two cases of this trying to make money. I don't even know if I'd break two cases in the hopes of making a master set. I'd buy singles. This one requires a LOT of cases if you are trying for a master set.
Great info. Could you answer one question for me was Joseph Morgan one of the harder autographs to pull and how many did you get in your 12 cases?
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 570
Default

Did anyone receive there binders today as well? Im curious if they were released today.
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsJayhawks View Post
Did anyone receive there binders today as well? Im curious if they were released today.
No, they have not begun shipping these yet. I was told this week WD binders would ship, and I received my Platinum BBT binders. But nothing on these.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,655
Default

Cryptozoic's online store has boxes listed for MSRP $84 each

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Cards

The binders were supposedly available for $30 but seems like they have sold out of those for now...
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
SerialKilnWalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,655
Default

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Cards - Now Available!

By Mike Rosenberg
25 Jan 2013

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Cards are now available! This new set follows the successful The Vampire Diaries Season 1 Trading Cards based on The CW’s hit television series. Arriving in stores nationwide today, January 25th, The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Card set captures all the exciting action from show’s second season and includes limited-edition wardrobe cards and cast autograph cards.

With a limited production run, The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Cards are sure to quickly become collector’s items. In addition to a 72-card base set, the “Katerina Petrova” chase set features the history of the infamous Katherine, while the “Behind the Scenes” chase set offers a look at the making of this hit series.

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Cards are now available nationwide in five-card packs for $3.50 and in 24-pack displays for $84.00. The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Card Binder is also available for $30.00 and features an exclusive wardrobe card. Both will be available at hobby stores and online at Cryptozoic Entertainment’s e-store.

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Trading Cards - Now Available! | Cryptozoic Entertainment
__________________
Pauly Shore Collector - Please contact me if you have anything Pauly Shore Autographs or Memorabilia
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
No, they have not begun shipping these yet. I was told this week WD binders would ship, and I received my Platinum BBT binders. But nothing on these.
Thanks for the response.
__________________
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/Mystikpymp
BengalsJayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In a warehouse of common sense
Posts: 2,706
Default

Well, I had 6 boxes of this ordered, mainly due to the proximity to BBT just like last year. Anyway, did pretty darn good though.

2 Dual Wardrobe Inserts
8 Regular Wardrobe Inserts (Dobrev, Graham, Accola singles)
6 Autos: Kinney, James, Walters, Gillies, Canning and ...



__________________
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
gst177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to gst177
Default

Here is my breakdown of four cases. Actually missing quite a bit after going back to sort it.

Autographs or Autograph/Relics

A1 - 1
A2- 0
A3 - 3
A4 - 1
A5 - 2
A6 - 0 CANDICE ACCOLA
A7 - 2
A8 - 3
A9 - 1
A10 - 0 JOSEPH MORGAN
A11 - 4
A12 - 4
A13 - 4
A14 - 5
A15 - 4
A16 - 2
A17 - 2
A18 - 2
A19 - 4
A20 - 2
A21 - 2

COSTUME CARD

M1 - 3 WITH A VARIANT
M2 - 0 CAROLINE FORBES
M3 - 2 WITH A VARIANT
M4 - 1
M5 - 1
M6 - 1
M7 - 1
M8 - 2
M9 - 3
M10 - 3
M11 - 4
M12 - 3
M13 - 3
M14 - 1
M15 - 3
M16 - 1
M17 - 4
M18 - 1
M19 - 2
M20 - 1
M21 - 3
M22 - 4
M23 - 2
M24 - 2
M25 - 3
M26 - 3
M27 - 3
M28 - 3
M29 - 1

DUAL MEMORABILIA

DM1 - 3
DM4 - 4
DM5 - 1
DM6 - 4

ONE REDEMPTION
gst177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In a warehouse of common sense
Posts: 2,706
Default

Crap. I figured the Accola auto would be almost as impossible as Dobrev again. I did get the M2 wardrobe. I did set it aside to hang on to as you can tell it's the same wardrobe as the dual, which would limit it.
__________________
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwoodford View Post
I'm expecting the Dobrev to start at $300, even with the higher volume at launch
Looks like you were pretty much right on. Selling prices so far are:

$284.75
$279.99
$299.99
$299.99

and $274.99 (the one I just snagged, best looking swatch of the ones I saw listed so far too).

I had budgeted $250 but I had all those others on watch and they sold fast enough I had to jump on the next decently priced one to show up.
I still can't believe I literally paid double for this one than I did for the one from the first set.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #74 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Wow I noticed some seller on eBay has the Nina Dobrev A-1 up for $699.00 I wonder if anyone will bid. I wonder when binders are coming out
allheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The auto wardrobes are one per case. 100 total of each actor made as there are 300 total cases made.
Where does it say there were 300 cases made? I thought I heard there were only 250 made?
ztaylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.