Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #76 (permalink)

Yeah the production was 3000 boxes total which would of only been 250 cases.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsJayhawks View Post
Yeah the production was 3000 boxes total which would of only been 250 cases.

Yup, I just looked back at the original announcement from back at the end of August and it clearly states 3000 boxes

Maybe the confusion was that there are 100 of each auto/wardrobe leading to an assumption of 300 cases, but 250 actually adds up. That would account for 250 pack inserted plus 30 more from the 10 redemptions. leaving 20, or about 7 of each is about what would be held back for replacements for missing or damaged cards.

That really makes for some low numbers. 100 each of A1-3 and it has been pointed out A4-10 are SP's coming 2-3 per case and their numbers are likely nearly as low, A11-21 are more common but even "common" autos are probably not much more than 200.

Last edited by Incarnadine; 01-28-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #78 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylork View Post
Where does it say there were 300 cases made? I thought I heard there were only 250 made?
The guy from Crypto just emailed me last week and told me 300 cases, but i am thinking he meant 3000 boxes. I agree with the numbers from incarnadine with the replacements, etc., as the same guy from crypto was adamant that they had 100 autos of each of the big three.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #79 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I can't believe a Nina Dobrev season 1 auto sold for $699 when the season 2 are only going for about 250-400

Last edited by allheart; 01-29-2013 at 12:00 PM.
allheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The guy from Crypto just emailed me last week and told me 300 cases, but i am thinking he meant 3000 boxes. I agree with the numbers from incarnadine with the replacements, etc., as the same guy from crypto was adamant that they had 100 autos of each of the big three.
There were 300 cases of The Vampire Diaries Season 2 made, and 100 from Dobrev, Somerhalder, and Wesley inserted into the packs. 10 of each held aside for the redemption, and a very small quantity for QA/NPN.

Our case check for this looked fine, but I'm obviously unhappy about some of the breaks I'm seeing. We are talking to the printer about insert ratios and autograph mixing for the hoppers. We look good to work out any confusion before Castle packs out.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allheart View Post
I can't believe a Nina Dobrev season 1 auto sold for $699 when the season 2 are only going for about 250-400
Don't read too much into that, the seller has a feedback of 6 and the buyer has a feedback rating of 3.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #82 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
There were 300 cases of The Vampire Diaries Season 2 made, and 100 from Dobrev, Somerhalder, and Wesley inserted into the packs. 10 of each held aside for the redemption, and a very small quantity for QA/NPN.

Our case check for this looked fine, but I'm obviously unhappy about some of the breaks I'm seeing. We are talking to the printer about insert ratios and autograph mixing for the hoppers. We look good to work out any confusion before Castle packs out.
Appreciate the sentiment Miranda but I broke 14 cases and got two ninas and one master set and was told, albeit in a diplomatic, professional manner, that that was the way it goes. Count me as the one who is "unhappy."
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank very much Miranda for the info and happy that this is being handled for future releases.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #84 (permalink)

I was happy with my three cases although I would have like to complete the wardrobe card set in three cases...I ended up missing A1 (Dobrev), A9 (Matt Davis), and A10 (Joseph Morgan), and 4 single wardrobe cards (M2, M5, M7 and M29) for a complete set. I did pull a complete dual wardrobe card set.

Overall it was a fun break...each of my cases had a box with 4 hits in it too, and I hit all the high end numbers given by CZE (12 autos, 16 single wardrobe and 3 dual wardrobe cards per case). Collation in each case was great too. Don't believe I had any dupes within a case.
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #85 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Don't read too much into that, the seller has a feedback of 6 and the buyer has a feedback rating of 3.
I was looking at that as well but the person is purchasing VD season 2 trading cards with positive feedback from known sellers it seems pretty legit. You never know. Now i see a dobrev for 500 something from china. Well looks like I'm out of luck in adding this card into my personal collection lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank you Miranda for the information. Any news on when the binders will begin to ship out?
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #87 (permalink)

Looking at selling prices for the auto wardrobes it seems that despite starting high to begin with the Dobrev is already starting to climb.
I've been tracking the selling prices of the auto wardrobe cards just out of curiosity, and here's what has sold so far, in the order that they sold.
I am so glad now I jumped on that A1 when I did, I actually thought they would come down a bit after the first few sold and more came available. Never thought $275 would be the cheapest one.

Completed sales for A1:

$284.75 BIN
$279.99 BIN
$299.99 BIN
$299.99 BIN
$274.99 BIN (This is the one I snagged!)
$298.88 BIN
$299.99 BIN
$340.00 Auction
$469.95 BIN
$325.00 B/O

A2:

$184.99 BIN
$164.95 BIN
$150.00 B/0

A3:

$249.99 BIN
$164.99 BIN
$154.95 BIN
$184.75 BIN
$169.95 BIN
$209.75 BIN
$169.95 B/O
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #88 (permalink)

I paid $300 for mine off eBay.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
I paid $300 for mine off eBay.

As of right now I'm thinking that's a really good price.
With the way these have been received I'm more than a bit interested to see what happens with TBBT auto/Wardrobe cards, especially the Cuoco.
Cryptozoic might still be suffering some growing pains but they sure know how to produce sets collectors really want.

Oh, and my A1 arrived safe and sound today.

Goes quite nicely with my other A1

Last edited by Incarnadine; 01-31-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
As of right now I'm thinking that's a really good price.
With the way these have been received I'm more than a bit interested to see what happens with TBBT auto/Wardrobe cards, especially the Cuoco.
Cryptozoic might still be suffering some growing pains but they sure know how to produce sets collectors really want.

Oh, and my A1 arrived safe and sound today.

Goes quite nicely with my other A1

if it was me i wouldnt have got that A1 you got even tho its a great price but she didnt put the xxx on the card its like the samething as season 1 card. i would wanted the one with the xxx, it makes the card NICEE if im putting over hundreds of bucks in it but i dont think im getting one since i aleady got the first season one so i dont think there need for a second. if your happy then enjoy it

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/193738-my-rare-collection-autos.html

Last edited by bolo2002b; 02-02-2013 at 04:49 AM.
bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #91 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolo2002b View Post
if it was me i wouldnt have got that A1 you got even tho its a great price but she didnt put the xxx on the card its like the samething as season 1 card. i would wanted the one with the xxx, it makes the card NICEE if im putting over hundreds of bucks in it but i dont think im getting one since i aleady got the first season one so i dont think there need for a second. if your happy then enjoy it
Personally I think it's a beautiful card with most I have seen they in fact do have the xxx they also have xox and xoxo marks. Having no marks makes me wonder how many others don't have the xxx. Also makes me wonder if it was one of the first cards she signed and then decided to add the xxx or one of the last and was tired or if she just completely forgot. It certainly is unique it may be slightly the same as S1 but it's different among S2 cards plus it has a wardrobe piece. As for S1 A-1 cards people are going crazy since the 699.00 "sold". One is listed for 708.00 better save my pennies o.o

Last edited by allheart; 02-02-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
The lack of the xxx or xox doesn't concern me at all, heck, it could technically be considered a "rare" variant.
It was a good price (looking better and better as more sell), a nice clean autograph and a better than average swatch.
As for having both autos, there is always something special about a first auto, and I like the picture used more, but the second one has the wardrobe piece so it's different enough to add. Had it been just a regular autograph like season 1 I might not have picked one up.
That kind of makes me wonder what they have planned for season 3, the potential new signers list is a bit weak, but season 4 has a few nice ones like Phoebe Tonkin so maybe they will combine 3 and 4). Maybe Cryptozoic will try multi autos, get a Dobrev/Somerhalder, Dobrev/Wesley, Somerhalder/Wesley or maybe some combinations from other repeat signers like Accola/Graham.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #93 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Quote:
The lack of the xxx or xox doesn't concern me at all, heck, it could technically be considered a "rare" variant.
It was a good price (looking better and better as more sell), a nice clean autograph and a better than average swatch.
As for having both autos, there is always something special about a first auto, and I like the picture used more, but the second one has the wardrobe piece so it's different enough to add. Had it been just a regular autograph like season 1 I might not have picked one up.
That kind of makes me wonder what they have planned for season 3, the potential new signers list is a bit weak, but season 4 has a few nice ones like Phoebe Tonkin so maybe they will combine 3 and 4). Maybe Cryptozoic will try multi autos, get a Dobrev/Somerhalder, Dobrev/Wesley, Somerhalder/Wesley or maybe some combinations from other repeat signers like Accola/Graham.
I have to agree I think first will always be special being that it's the first official VD trading card set she signed . Now that you mention it I'm hoping they will do a triple wardrobe again including all big 3 sigs. Even material from the set Like how inkworks did the sand prop from lost would be a little cool such as fake prop vervain they used idk just some ideas. Maybe I'm thinking too outside the box lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:

Well I guess the season 1 A1's really have made the jump to the next level.

There's that one that sold for $699.99, then the one that was listed for $549.99 but ended early by the seller (I think we can assume he got a good offer off ebay to end it) and today a best offer of GBP 300.00 was accepted, using ebay.ca to see the B/O selling price that works out to $471.88 Cdn.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #95 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Well I guess the season 1 A1's really have made the jump to the next level.

There's that one that sold for $699.99, then the one that was listed for $549.99 but ended early by the seller (I think we can assume he got a good offer off ebay to end it) and today a best offer of GBP 300.00 was accepted, using ebay.ca to see the B/O selling price that works out to $471.88 Cdn.
Wanted to update with another finding just looked a few minutes ago a Season 1 A-1 sold today 2/2/13 for £449.99 GBP which converts into approx. $708.51 usd. I could buy a whole season 2 case practically for that price. I notice a few sites still haven't sold out on Season 1 boxes or cases. Im betting there are way more Dobrevs, Somerhalders and Wesleys in there.

Last edited by allheart; 02-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Wanted to update with another finding just looked a few minutes ago a Season 1 A-1 sold today 2/2/13 for 449.99 GBP which converts into approx. $708.51 usd. I could buy a whole season 2 case practically for that price. I notice a few sites still haven't sold out on Season 1 boxes or cases. Im betting there are way more Dobrevs, Somerhalders and Wesleys in there.
That is the same one. Ebay.com no longer shows the actual selling price for best offer items, it just puts the BIN price with a line through it. To see the real selling price you need to go to ebay based in another country, like ebay.ca.

Here's the card as seen from the 2 different countries

U.S.

Vampire Diaries Ultra RARE A1 Nina Dobrev "Elena Gilbert" Auto Autograph | eBay

Canada

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230922136475?...84.m1423.l2649
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #97 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I see now eBay mobile was lying to me. It just says sold for 449 both in green. I see now still a very good price
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #98 (permalink)

I got my season 2 A1 safely here today. I paid $285 for mine...was happy I snagged it when I did.

Vampire Diaries Season 2 Autograph Costume Card A1 Nina Dobrev as Katherine | eBay
ztaylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylork View Post
I got my season 2 A1 safely here today. I paid $285 for mine...was happy I snagged it when I did.

Vampire Diaries Season 2 Autograph Costume Card A1 Nina Dobrev as Katherine | eBay
That's a really nice swatch on it too, nice snag.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #100 (permalink)

Yeah...nice swatch on that one.