Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default EBay no international shipping...whatever..

I specifically stated...NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING" on an auction of mine.

Winner is from Windsor ON n9e4p7...

I have never shipped out of country nor do I want to.

What can I do?
Cancel auction?
Alert buyer before they pay?

Advice?

What should I do differently next time?

Thanks in advance guys.
darealstunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just had this happen to me as well. You can offer to cancel the transaction. Which I did and my buyer declined. So basically according to ebay theres nothing you can do but charge them the price it costs to ship. So I sent an invoice with shipping via EMS flat rate envelope which is 38.00. That way is the only true trackable way through paypal. From what ive read even registered is not full proof. Well anyway the buyer wouldnt pay the shipping charge. So you can basically either eat the fvf or file a npb on the auction winner. This is one issue with ebay that I just found out myself. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

If u are in CANADA and have a USA address u can just flip your shipping to usa address and bid away. Then swap it back to see if seller will ship.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just had that happen as well. I don't think they can pay if you only ship in the USA.
Kodiak10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

As to what you can do next time, when listing something for sale, below shipping costs you can select regions and then specific countries you will not ship to.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Isn't there also a way to block bidders by country/region? I think I did something like that a long time ago because I had a problem with someone from Israel.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
As to what you can do next time, when listing something for sale, below shipping costs you can select regions and then specific countries you will not ship to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Isn't there also a way to block bidders by country/region? I think I did something like that a long time ago because I had a problem with someone from Israel.
Yes there is

To be specific to my above, under International Shipping (in the selling window) it's under the exclusions list. You have to say 'no international shipping' AND edit the exclusion list to block specific countries.

To do it permanently, it's under My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences > Shipping Preferences > edit the Exclude locations list.

Last edited by Nicnac; 10-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dumb question but can they leave you a negative and you not be able to get it removed? If you stated no international shipping and they big and won anyways they ignored the terms of the deal. Therefore since you did not agree to the terms since they violated them can't you legally back out? I know they can leave you a negative but can you make a case to eBay that they shouldn't have been bidding anyways?
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I have this set up as well to where I will only ship to U.S. & only allow U.S. bidders.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Dumb question but can they leave you a negative and you not be able to get it removed? If you stated no international shipping and they big and won anyways they ignored the terms of the deal. Therefore since you did not agree to the terms since they violated them can't you legally back out? I know they can leave you a negative but can you make a case to eBay that they shouldn't have been bidding anyways?
If they leave you a negative you can contact ebay and they'll definitely remove it for you.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
It's not entirely the fault of the buyer though. It's the seller's fault for not setting the sale to not allow international bids, and it's eBay's fault for making it a multi-step, hidden process to enable the exclusion list.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfie3300

May I ask why so many refuse to ship to Canada? I don't run into the issue very often, but it becomes frustrating for some of us to pick up some nice cards (only available in the US). For example, not much baseball is broken up here, but I've had to confirm with 4 Ebay sellers this week if they would consider shipping up here, and then two more purchases (here and SCF) where it is the first time the seller is shipping to Canada...

I am not mad or anything, I just want to understand the concept (tracking isn't really a big benefit on small money cards)
Wolfie3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie3300 View Post
May I ask why so many refuse to ship to Canada? I don't run into the issue very often, but it becomes frustrating for some of us to pick up some nice cards (only available in the US). For example, not much baseball is broken up here, but I've had to confirm with 4 Ebay sellers this week if they would consider shipping up here, and then two more purchases (here and SCF) where it is the first time the seller is shipping to Canada...

I am not mad or anything, I just want to understand the concept (tracking isn't really a big benefit on small money cards)
Because the only way you can get concrete tracking information is Express Mail International, which costs over $30. It's so much easier and less aggravation to only ship in the US because tracking is free when you print your postage.

That being said, I ship internationally for all of my items but put the Express Mail price for high value items (which most people aren't willing to pay).
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

This. Any time I put anything on eBay, from cards to computer games, I state no international bidders. If a bidder comes and asks me if I will reconsider I will tell them sure if they are willing to pay extra for the additional insurance I need to make myself comfortable with the sale. I never get a response back when that happens. I think any seller is willing to ship an item out of the country as long as the buyer is willing to pay extra to get the item there safe and sound.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

I never ship internationally. You could offer me double and I would still say no.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

When I first sold on eBay (years and years ago), I had a lot of issues with international bidders. My favorite was a guy who bought a box of comics, and didn't want to pay for air freight to the hinterlands of Romania. I sent the box surface post, it took almost 3 months to get to the guy (I'm pretty sure at some point in the journey, it was being carried by burro). While that one makes a great story, the rest were just hassles. This time around, I decided to stick to US only, and not worry about it. I'll be the first to admit, it has cost me some money on a couple of sales.

I use eBay's Turbo Lister 2 program to list my auctions, and it's very simple to set it to block international bidders with that program (in addition to -1 or less feedback, 2 NPB strikes in the past 6 months, etc.)

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.

Last edited by Deathgate; 10-19-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes there is

To be specific to my above, under International Shipping (in the selling window) it's under the exclusions list. You have to say 'no international shipping' AND edit the exclusion list to block specific countries.

To do it permanently, it's under My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences > Shipping Preferences > edit the Exclude locations list.
Thank you for this. I had no clue you had to do this in addition to selecting no international shipping. I have updated my preferences for the future
Old 10-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Why does the tracking from the US cost so much?

I have sent cards from Ireland up to $500 worth and the tracking tells me exactly where it has been , even better than the tracking I've received when I have paid the $30 postage to get a package. It only costs $10 every time

I've had some of those issues when buying. I contact the seller and they've let me choose my preference most of the time, I always go with the postage that costs like $12-15 cause I have to sign for it so the seller won't feel I'm scamming. It has happened where I've bid on a card that says it only ships to the US but in the description below it has said international is available
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Inactive Account

shouldnt the item appear only to US if :

1) Choose Option , No International Shipping?
2) you check
Exclude shipping locations
Excluded Locations: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia
Edit exclusion list
skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen View Post
shouldnt the item appear only to US if :

1) Choose Option , No International Shipping?
2) you check
Exclude shipping locations
Excluded Locations: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia
Edit exclusion list
I think it's viewable to international customers, but eBay won't allow them to bid.

I'm not sure on that, but I believe that's how it works.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote