Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #76 (permalink)

I have no problem being transparent with my sales, and I hope no one takes it the wrong way or sees it as bragging or anything like that.

I did a 6 box case, the one with the crazy redemption for the 15 piece sketch. I spent $1200 on it at $200 a box, and so far here is my return:

Gambit Printing Plate - $100
Wolverine Shadowbox - $40
Base Card Lot of 12 - $120
Spiderman Hernandez Sketch - $420
Emotion Booklets x2 - $100
Psylocke Melo Sketch - $100
Spiderman Boo Sketch - $50
Total: $930

I still have 3 base sketches, 2 classic corners, 3 shadowboxes, 3 single hinged booklets, and 1 double hinged booklet. I have to imagine that all of those combined will easily get me the $270 to get back to even or make me a small profit, then I have the redemption on top of that. This is what I love about non sports, as mentioned earlier. The ROI is so high compared to ANY sports product out there. It is just nearly impossible to get KILLED on a non sports product. Of course it is still possible to lose money, but that % is so much lower than with sports products. I have recently decided to sell off my sports collection and am just doing non sports from now on. Its more fun, less stressful, and less expensive that the sports hobby.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #77 (permalink)

Yeah, but you also had some incredible luck in getting the Hernandez and the Jaro from a case. Replace that Hernandez with say a Randy Martinez and it is about a $250-$300 swing.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
From what I've seen all week, you couldn't be more wrong. Here's an example of "filler" at $76 lol.

Upper Deck Marvel Premier Shadow Box Card s 5 Magneto vs Wolverine | eBay

BUT as stated, this is a hit/miss product due to the $200 price tag. I just found out my discount on this is $150 per box, so I may actually end up getting a case, depending how I do at poker the next few days lol.

Nick, I know someone who would be happy to split a case with you at that price.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Yeah, but you also had some incredible luck in getting the Hernandez and the Jaro from a case. Replace that Hernandez with say a Randy Martinez and it is about a $250-$300 swing.
And even with a Martinez vs a Hernandez, I feel like I would still be very close to even, or a very small 5-10% loss on the entire case. I think I have about $400 or so left in sale value from the remaining hits (minus the redemption) That cannot be said for 95% of sports card cases out there.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
And even with a Martinez vs a Hernandez, I feel like I would still be very close to even, or a very small 5-10% loss on the entire case. I think I have about $400 or so left in sale value from the remaining hits (minus the redemption) That cannot be said for 95% of sports card cases out there.
Will you all stop, we have enough sports guys trying to come into non-sports and buying up our products asking idiot questions like: "So, what can I flip without doing any work, because I just lost my a$$ on football cards". Seriously, hush hush. lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #81 (permalink)

I'm glad those that decided to take the risk on this set did well. After what I saw this weekend, if I had an extra $1200 sitting around, I'd go in on a case
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #82 (permalink)

I keep going back n forth on pulling a the trigger...Stuff seems to be pretty limited. You guys think prices on sealed boxes will start rising?
kobe824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #83 (permalink)

The box prices is down from the pre-sale price, from what I have seen at approved online retailers at least. The next 2 weeks will be interesting... I think a lot of collectors and even 'rip-n-flip' dealers were waiting to see what this set had to offer before heaveily investing. Now everybody has seen...
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Will you all stop, we have enough sports guys trying to come into non-sports and buying up our products asking idiot questions like: "So, what can I flip without doing any work, because I just lost my a$$ on football cards". Seriously, hush hush. lol.
Oh I've been doing non sports since I was 15 or 16 years old lol. I saved up and bought a box of the original tomb raider release for around $60, pulled a Jolie auto and sold it for $450. From then on I was hooked. I unfortunately also did sports for a long time too and have lost a stupid amount over my life on it. So just sticking to non sports now (or at least going to try to, maybe some UFC mixed in which I have never once lost money on)
Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The box prices is down from the pre-sale price, from what I have seen at approved online retailers at least. The next 2 weeks will be interesting... I think a lot of collectors and even 'rip-n-flip' dealers were waiting to see what this set had to offer before heaveily investing. Now everybody has seen...
What was presell prices? What is the opinions of you guys? I have been mainly sports cards and actual comics but not the cards. It looks pretty nice but then again I don't know compared to others. What are some other good comic/non-sport rips?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #86 (permalink)

I think pre-sell was $205 or $210 per box. If you look good and hard you can find stuff for under $200 per box. From what I gather on this message board, vendors paid about $150/box so its no surprise. The last thing they want is to take a loss on them.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Oh I've been doing non sports since I was 15 or 16 years old lol. I saved up and bought a box of the original tomb raider release for around $60, pulled a Jolie auto and sold it for $450. From then on I was hooked. I unfortunately also did sports for a long time too and have lost a stupid amount over my life on it. So just sticking to non sports now (or at least going to try to, maybe some UFC mixed in which I have never once lost money on)
My comment wasn't towards you, or anyone specific. Only in jest. I'll admit I am tempted to try some after seeing some nice breaks.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #88 (permalink)

Just bit the bullet and ordered a case...Should be here by Monday
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #89 (permalink)

Does Charles Hall only have that one Spider-Man sketch in the product? That thing is awesome! I was hoping might have some X-Men
Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe824 View Post
Does Charles Hall only have that one Spider-Man sketch in the product? That thing is awesome! I was hoping might have some X-Men
It's the only one I've seen so far. Word is from Scoundrel (I wish they'd approve my account already) that NAR has only one sketch.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
It's the only one I've seen so far. Word is from Scoundrel (I wish they'd approve my account already) that NAR has only one sketch.
Email one of the mods about your account. I had the same problem. One of the mods told me they get a ton of spam mail and accidently delete new member approval requests.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
Email one of the mods about your account. I had the same problem. One of the mods told me they get a ton of spam mail and accidently delete new member approval requests.
Will do--thanks

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #93 (permalink)

So, seems this product is pretty HOT. DA on ebay sold 20 boxes of this in 4 days, 10 boxes just on Monday. My distributor told me they had a flooood of orders all of a sudden for it as well.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #94 (permalink)

Just put my case break in the non-sport break section. Please take a look and let me know what you think!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #95 (permalink)

hey guys, have you seen boxes of this anywhere available? I checked BO and DA and both are sold out. Just curious. Also checked ebay, and see none there either.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #96 (permalink)

DA and Pittsburgh still has cases and boxes
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe824 View Post
DA and Pittsburgh still has cases and boxes
Gotcha, didn't come up on my first search. Thanks
Old 11-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
hey guys, have you seen boxes of this anywhere available? I checked BO and DA and both are sold out. Just curious. Also checked ebay, and see none there either.
It's not listed on the BO website, because BO isn't a UD Authorized Internet Retailer. So I don't think they can't list it for sale online until the product has been out for 90 days. But you can buy it in person at their brick and mortar store, that's why you see some box breaks on it on BlowoutTV.

That's also why you won't see many sealed boxes listed on ebay, only one of the internet retailers can list it there. On the UD website, there are only 9 US stores listed as authorized internet retailers, so one of them would have to list the boxes on ebay.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #99 (permalink)

I'm hooked and selling some more Mars Attacks to fund UD Premier. Time for a draft break
Buickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #100 (permalink)

So, have you guys seen this??? Nar only did 1 sketch for this product. It'll be interesting to see where it goes in auction, and I do realize it's the original art not the sketch itself: Marvel Premier Original Base Card Art by Nar RARE | eBay