Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   NON-SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/)
-   -   Hendrix Relics (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports/399388-hendrix-relics.html)

mindbinge 11-16-2012 10:01 AM

Hendrix Relics

did any of the Jimi Hendrix relics redemptions ever ship out? i haven't seen one and just curious what they ended up looking like...they were selling for crazy amounts when they first hit.

cowboyzqna 11-16-2012 11:09 AM

What product? Sounds cool.

baytowntex 11-16-2012 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=cowboyzqna;3650832]What product? Sounds cool.[/QUOTE]

i think hes talking about the American Pie product.. I havent seen any either

mindbinge 11-16-2012 02:31 PM

yeah they were redemptions in american pie...sold for big bucks on ebay, but i have yet to see one and its been months.

spacefanmick 03-28-2013 01:40 AM

Hendrix relics

No the Jimi Hendrix relics never hit. I bought two of them for my sons 21 st birthday in jan 1,2011. Have been fighting topps every since then. They refuse to honor them. Actually owe me another very expensive card. They wont return my emails. Won't answer the phone. There screwing me over. Hard. From what I gather the Hendrix estate blocked the release of the cards. I personally will never give topps another penny of my money.

aces 03-28-2013 02:42 PM

Well, that sucks, but I'm wondering how the Hendrix estate was able to stop everything--Music Music Music has Hendrix relics, after all. I'm guessing the Topps cards had a photo. Hope something works out for you.

dannyman 03-28-2013 02:58 PM

Every single Redemption card that topps released for american pie set has yet to be fulfilled. I was trying to put together the complete relic set. I had 6 of these redemptions that were never filled and replaced with meh cards.

CollectorMan 03-28-2013 04:48 PM

I mentioned this is another thread but the Hendrix estate which really had nothing to do with his career, is a nightmare. 3 or 4 times Hollywood had amazing scripts for his movie, a couple which Ive read before, with huge stars attached and the family wanted more money or had unreasonable conditions.

That family is a nightmare, and may end up tarnishing Jimi's legacy. He deserves to be remembered for all time. I've never been blown away by music the way I was when I first heard him play. Absolute legend. I'm guessing the music music music relics were from someone's private collection.

coltsnsox07 03-28-2013 09:59 PM

Somebody should PM Dr. Brian Price, he's online right now showing some stunning Horrors of War art cards, he bought a Hendrix stage worn scarf from an auction FIRST,THEN made cards with pieces of it!

TheLastDude 03-28-2013 11:35 PM

I had a redemption in for the Andrew Zimmern relic and Topps replaced that one as well. Looks like they're just not making the cards they had redemptions for.

baytowntex 03-28-2013 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=coltsnsox07;4569673]Somebody should PM Dr. Brian Price, he's online right now showing some stunning Horrors of War art cards, he bought a Hendrix stage worn scarf from an auction FIRST,THEN made cards with pieces of it![/QUOTE]

Yes but i dont think those cards were Jimi Hendrix licensed..