Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
It's been great cherry picking some nice sketches, but I can see why this product could be challenging to rip and flip. There's a lot of okay sketches out there (don't mean that in a disrespectful way, just acknowledging the reality of churning these out as said above). I'm curious at what price point these will go for once the cherry picking is done and the character collectors have taken what they want.
So, will you post when they arrive? Just curious what you picked up. There were some really nice sketches, lot have sold already.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #52 (permalink)

There will be a Part Two midnight madness on eBay tonight from Marvel Masters. Usually he has three waves, we shall see how much he gets done tonight.

sketchcardsaloon.com
Rian Fike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
So, will you post when they arrive? Just curious what you picked up. There were some really nice sketches, lot have sold already.
Yep--I will keep my Sketch thread updated with them as they come in. Since there are no sets to build here, I focused on quality over quantity this time
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian Fike View Post
There will be a Part Two midnight madness on eBay tonight from Marvel Masters. Usually he has three waves, we shall see how much he gets done tonight.
I figured. I like how he keeps it organized with specific artists. I did pick up a bunch from him when Marvel Universe came out.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post

So once I started seeing what was out there, I ended up picking up about 10 cards. But I'm seriously done now unless something amazing shows up

Highlights: 2 of the Tan incentives, a Glebe Ghost Rider, Sara Richard Black Cat (amazing), Rhi Ownens Punk Storm, and a Charles Hall Punisher. Plus several other very cool ones.
I was looking through the "completed" listings today and I saw that Sara Richard Black Cat - Sweet grab! I am looking forward to when MM gets to her on his list (probably tomorrow) but from what I've seen it will be over my budget
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #56 (permalink)

Picked up this one. Big fan of Hall and is the cover of one of the most important Bronze Age Books.

2012 Marvel Bronze Age Sketch Charles Hall 09 | eBay

Also picked up this Wolverine

Marvel Bronze Age Rainier Lagunsad Sketch Card | eBay
kobe824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe824 View Post
Picked up this one. Big fan of Hall and is the cover of one of the most important Bronze Age Books.

2012 Marvel Bronze Age Sketch Charles Hall 09 | eBay

Also picked up this Wolverine

Marvel Bronze Age Rainier Lagunsad Sketch Card | eBay
Wow that's a great pick up!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #58 (permalink)

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked about it!
kobe824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I was looking through the "completed" listings today and I saw that Sara Richard Black Cat - Sweet grab! I am looking forward to when MM gets to her on his list (probably tomorrow) but from what I've seen it will be over my budget
If you like her work on the Marvel characters, you best grab one now. She's stopping doing these sets after this release, I believe. If not this one, very soon.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #60 (permalink)

One more round of midnight madness TONIGHT!!!

Good luck to all.

sketchcardsaloon.com
Rian Fike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #61 (permalink)

I love the cards and already made 1 base set per box (4x total) - but other than that, there's no other incentive to keep buying boxes... It's just buying the sketch cards that make the difference.. hmm.
101stLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
If you like her work on the Marvel characters, you best grab one now. She's stopping doing these sets after this release, I believe. If not this one, very soon.
That's sad news -- I hadn't heard that Sara was going to stop doing sketch cards. . . too bad.

Jon
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
I know. She is very personable. We had a long conversation about it. Actually, I was sort of hoping it wouldn't be too widely known. I'd love to pick up a couple of APs after the holiday season, but I'm afraid they will all be gone by then

I wish her much success in her pursuit of cover art though, and I'm sure she'll still be accepting PSC and pin-up commissions for a long time to come!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I know. She is very personable. We had a long conversation about it. Actually, I was sort of hoping it wouldn't be too widely known. I'd love to pick up a couple of APs after the holiday season, but I'm afraid they will all be gone by then

I wish her much success in her pursuit of cover art though, and I'm sure she'll still be accepting PSC and pin-up commissions for a long time to come!
She shouldn't have much trouble at all with the cover artwork. Her style is unique and she seems to be off to a good start. My Marvel Premiere AP from her was approved today. Knowing the quality pieces I already have from her, I just told her the character and left everything up to her. I don't even have a scan of what I'm getting yet, but I am 100% certain it'll be incredible.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #65 (permalink)

Sara's become a friend of mine this year. She's so very talented, I only wish the best for her. Anyways I snagged this lil ditty tonite. 2012 Marvel Bronze Age Sketch Sara Richard 02 | eBay
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #66 (permalink)

Well, I sure learned a lot over the past couple of nights! Picked up 5 cards that I can't wait to get and found out one of my past box pulls is way more valuable than I thought. Its been fun
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Sara's become a friend of mine this year. She's so very talented, I only wish the best for her. Anyways I snagged this lil ditty tonite. 2012 Marvel Bronze Age Sketch Sara Richard 02 | eBay
Awesome pickup