Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default George Freeman, Mars Attacks Heritage Sketch, Artist Proof cards

I am extreamly picky on these Mars Attacks Sketch Cards. Most are awful and way over priced.
Being on Mars Attacks Facbook page reveals, most are being bought at those rediculous prices by 20 somethings or younger, whom, did not have a chance to grab the 1994 TOPPS Archives set when it came out.

As for this TOPPS Mars Attacks Heritage set. I feel it's way overblown, but maybe it's my age and collecting Mars Attacks since 1962.

I only own a handful of the sketch cards. Most really suck big time! So when something special that is illustrated nicely comes along, I will purchase it, if possible.

Today, I won a Mars Attacks Heritage AP sketch card by Canadian Comic Illustrator George Freeman. Sold by the Artist, himself.
In the 1980's, he drew Green Lantern, Aquaman, Jack of Hearts, and The Avengers, drew a story in Batman Annual #11, and was one of the artists on the horror comic anthology Wasteland.

These are in order 1 through 6 of which tie together to form a composite image. I won card 3/6.

These AP cards are licensed by Topps and are a set of six that George Freeman has created after producing his 100 original art penciled sketch cards for inclusion in the pre-printed MARS ATTACKS! Heritage 50th Anniversary Trading Card Series 2012, 50 YEARS OF MAYHEM card sets.

These are one-of-a-kind pieces of original artwork, and Artist Proof cards are even rarer than the standard original art cards. The back of the card has an ďAPĒ next to the artistís signature

I won it on Ebay for $35.00 + ship of 2.50.

Only 3 have been sold. #'s 1, 3, & 4.
Buy It Now Price was $50.00

Most likely he will re-list the other 3 cards.
Martian Leader is offline   Reply With Quote