Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #51 (permalink)

Very excited about this one. In for a case.

s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/djohns300/Trade/
djohns30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #52 (permalink)

Preorders available NOW at ViceroyCards.com! Blast Off!!

Edit: Sold out as of 5:30am

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 12-17-2012 at 08:34 AM.
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #53 (permalink)

Thanks, got a case.
KarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #54 (permalink)

Ordered, look foreward to it.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #55 (permalink)

Alright, you sold me--got my case in. I wasn't sure about it at first, but with that artist list this has to be great trade bait at the bare minimum
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #56 (permalink)

Got my case ordered yesterday

It's nearly sold out now, only took 2 days that's great
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #57 (permalink)

Preordered my case!

Who I collect: Cam Fowler, Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, D-men, Bruins
Tivo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #58 (permalink)

That's it! We're sold out online!

However... A very few extra cases WILL be available soon directly from Blowout Cards! If you missed out on our direct sales, you'll still be able to grab boxes or a case from Blowout soon.

Thanks to everyone who ordered!

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 12-17-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #59 (permalink)

Preordered my case yesterday,and i can't wait..I bought four packs of Cryptids,and liked them so much i moved up to a case of space..I'm kind of a space nut anyway so this fits right in.
packtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
That's it! We're sold out online!

However... A very few extra cases WILL be available soon directly from Blowout Cards! If you missed out on our direct sales, you'll still be able to grab boxes or a case from Blowout soon.

Thanks to everyone who ordered!
Wow, that was fast! Really glad I was able to secure my case.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #61 (permalink)

Well looks like I missed out on this one -- that sucks. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some through Blowout, but that seems doubtful. . .
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #62 (permalink)

Same here Jon. I'll just be skipping this release all together and spending the extra money on sets coming later this year.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #63 (permalink)

Same here – I was going to jump on this release but the limited nature has put me off big time. I'll just commission cards from the big guys instead.
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #64 (permalink)

Same here - would have been better to open (or announce) pre-ordering during the day. Sold out by 8am doesn't give anyone with a real-life schedule a chance to order.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #65 (permalink)

To be fair, their first set took a few days to sell out, I doubt they were anticipating the sell out of this one in just a few hours. And with that short of a window, regardless of when they opened it up, a lot of people were going to miss out.

Edit - I didn't realize that the Cryptids pre-order was open 2 months before release date. I guess that makes selling out in 3 hours even more impressive!

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.

Last edited by Deathgate; 12-17-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #66 (permalink)

Only managed to snag 2 packs, all cases were already sold out. Maybe I will still get lucky and get a Kezele or an Owens...

Fenian95
Fenian95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #67 (permalink)

In the spirit of the set I just found this. It's mind-boggling how insignificant we are

The Scale of the Universe 2
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #68 (permalink)

We believe there are still a couple cases available via Blowout Cards and SolarFly Cards. They are taking preorders as well for the few cases they were allotted. If you shoot them an email I'm sure there are still some to be had.

With our first set, Cryptids, we opened up preorders in a similar manner. That set had the same amount of packs, but it didn't sell out until 2 days after the release date. Preorders were open for nearly 2 months with packs available to purchase.

While we knew sales would be quicker this time around, we didn't think it would be quite so brisk. We did take steps early on by giving a few cases to Blowout and SolarFly to make sure collectors could purchase in more than one location.

We're sorry to anyone who missed out ordering directly from us. It's a fine line when choosing how many boxes to produce without watering down the entire set with 'filler sketches' just to sell more packs. We want to assure the quality remains high, even if we leave some sales on the table.

Thanks again for your interest in the set.

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 12-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #69 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
We're sorry to anyone who missed out ordering directly from us. It's a fine line when choosing how many boxes to produce without watering down the entire set with 'filler sketches' just to sell more packs. We want to assure the quality remains high, even if we leave some sales on the table.
Yeah it's a fine line to tread and I'm glad you went this route. I guess the only suggestion would be capping the case limit at 5 or 10? You know more than I do what your order broke down to but I feel like it would really benefit your appeal to cap orders for maybe the first 24 hours and then uncork them? That way word can get around, everyone can get a case or two that wants it? And hopefully you won't miss out on the big time purchasers?

I don't know, I'm new to collecting sketches and do not know anything about the industry but I would assume it benefits everyone to spread these beautiful cards around. Please do not resort to filler sketches I've pulled some pretty boring pencil sketches before on other products and will gladly pay the premium for product I know is worth it (like yours).
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBelcher View Post
Same here Jon. I'll just be skipping this release all together and spending the extra money on sets coming later this year.
That's most likely the route I'll take too. . .

I'm probably going to take heat for this comment, but it is what it is -- I'll be ticked when I see all the flippers who had no interest in actually collecting the set with their cards all for sale the day they are released.

Jon
Old 12-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post

I'm probably going to take heat for this comment, but it is what it is -- I'll be ticked when I see all the flippers who had no interest in actually collecting the set with their cards all for sale the day they are released.

Jon
I don't think you should take heat for it. With a small release product like this, it really is lame to think a lot of the product could be bought up by people to solely make a profit.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post

Jon
Why will you be ticked? Then you can buy the sketches you want without buying cases or packs and not knowing what you would get.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #73 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

no limit?, no wonder i got screwed...only got the email yesterday, shoulda done awhile ago i guess but ya know how it goes. something always comes up/sells out before you get paid. =/

I wont be buying any singles, not fun enough for me that way. Hopefully they'll do another set sometime soon & ill get a chance to hop on that one, will stick with my preorders of Batman i guess
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Why will you be ticked? Then you can buy the sketches you want without buying cases or packs and not knowing what you would get.
The fact is A LOT of collectors will miss out on this release because they like the fun of opening boxes not buying singles, and they sold out within hours (I know I didn't get a chance to use the computer for the day by the time they were sold out).

I hope if future releases are on this scale of availability that they either put a cap on orders or offer boxes/cases in waves.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Yeah it's a fine line to tread and I'm glad you went this route. I guess the only suggestion would be capping the case limit at 5 or 10? You know more than I do what your order broke down to but I feel like it would really benefit your appeal to cap orders for maybe the first 24 hours and then uncork them? That way word can get around, everyone can get a case or two that wants it? And hopefully you won't miss out on the big time purchasers?

I don't know, I'm new to collecting sketches and do not know anything about the industry but I would assume it benefits everyone to spread these beautiful cards around. Please do not resort to filler sketches I've pulled some pretty boring pencil sketches before on other products and will gladly pay the premium for product I know is worth it (like yours).
No order from our online sales was more than 3 cases when the ordering window was open. Over half the orders placed were for a single case, and a couple 2 case orders. We only had 6 collectors order individual packs, with orders of 1,2,3 and 5.

With the low price point and small production run, those single case orders added up really fast!