Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I really want one of these for my collection!

Forgive my ignorance, but I am reading this is sold out- so I would not be able to buy myself a single box?
Blowout will have cases/boxes available for pre-order soon, although we're not sure when they will be posted. You may be able to contact them for more info. The direct collector sales via our website are sold out.
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #102 (permalink)

Understood and thank you for the quick response. Looking forward!
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
You must be wishing for a `Starship Troopers' set to do sketches for.
I hated that movie. Right now I have to be content with Mars Attacks and the Space Slug from Star Wars.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #104 (permalink)

I am working on a 2 case group break through blowout, please stay tuned for further info. Good way for people who were shut out from the initial offering to participate.
wesnilevirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
I am working on a 2 case group break through blowout, please stay tuned for further info. Good way for people who were shut out from the initial offering to participate.
Also to clarify, he offered to give up the 2 case order from us, allot it to Blowout and buy back from them for a group break so others might get in on the set. The original Blowout allotment is not affected.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Also to clarify, he offered to give up the 2 case order from us, allot it to Blowout and buy back from them for a group break so others might get in on the set. The original Blowout allotment is not affected.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
You are admitting then that another galaxy is also getting this release?
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
You are admitting then that another galaxy is also getting this release?
Viceroy Card Co. has been releasing products in neighboring galaxies for over a millennia. All subject matter was exhausted after our final sketch set, Potatoes, was a commercial flop. We then transferred operations here.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Viceroy Card Co. has been releasing products in neighboring galaxies for over a millennia. All subject matter was exhausted after our final sketch set, Potatoes, was a commercial flop. We then transferred operations here.
Hmm, I think if the next few sets equal or surpass the quality of your original Cryptids release, you'll be able to rerelease that Potatoes set with a speedy sell out. Yukon Gold in the house!

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Hmm, I think if the next few sets equal or surpass the quality of your original Cryptids release, you'll be able to rerelease that Potatoes set with a speedy sell out. Yukon Gold in the house!
Then after that, they can do a crossover set.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
That's most likely the route I'll take too. . .

I'm probably going to take heat for this comment, but it is what it is -- I'll be ticked when I see all the flippers who had no interest in actually collecting the set with their cards all for sale the day they are released.

Jon
Jon, won't this make it easier for many to just grab the sketches they want, as you and a lot of collectors do in most cases?

Quite honestly I'm shocked at the whining going on in this thread. We should be happy a new company comes in, and shakes things up as much as these guys have in this industry. I was a big supporter on Cryptids, because I own small businesses and more than most, know how hard it is to start off. Ryan and the gang not only did it right, but did it better than most other companies, 5finity including.

Next time, contact these guys and ask politely if you can be put on their list for some boxes, or a case. Those emails go a hell of a lot farther than bitching about being shut out.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Jon, won't this make it easier for many to just grab the sketches they want, as you and a lot of collectors do in most cases?

Quite honestly I'm shocked at the whining going on in this thread. We should be happy a new company comes in, and shakes things up as much as these guys have in this industry. I was a big supporter on Cryptids, because I own small businesses and more than most, know how hard it is to start off. Ryan and the gang not only did it right, but did it better than most other companies, 5finity including.

Next time, contact these guys and ask politely if you can be put on their list for some boxes, or a case. Those emails go a hell of a lot farther than bitching about being shut out.
Some people like to buy their product sealed, directly from the publisher.

Most of the 'whining' I see in this thread is only as a result of the odd timing of the release and subsequent early selling out of the product. It has nothing the wonderful job Viceroy is doing to shake things up. In fact, THAT Viceroy has come out so strong now with their second product, people are more upset they were unable to get in.

I also believe Viceroy will do things a little differently with the next product based on the complaints in this thread. That's the way things are supposed to work between companies and their customers.

Last edited by Nicnac; 12-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Some people like to buy their product sealed, directly from the publisher.

Most of the 'whining' I see in this thread is only as a result of the odd timing of the release and subsequent early selling out of the product. It has nothing the wonderful job Viceroy is doing to shake things up. In fact, THAT Viceroy has come out so strong now with their second product, people are more upset they were unable to get in.

I also believe Viceroy will do things a little differently with the next product based on the complaints in this thread. That's the way things are supposed to work between companies and their customers.
But your comment earlier in the thread: "Same here - would have been better to open (or announce) pre-ordering during the day. Sold out by 8am doesn't give anyone with a real-life schedule a chance to order."

That seems awfully rude to people who just happened to see this from work, like I did, and who were able to order.

Anyways, do not mean to bicker. I look forward to this set a lot.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 12-19-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #114 (permalink)

Well, I was looking forward to the set. I'm just not a fan of buying from a distributor what I could have bought direct from the manufacturer.
When I collect a set, I almost always go for a master. Buying a case to start would have saved me a ton of money over buying singles of every artist on eBay.
Can't wait to see all the ripping and flipping. Can't go wrong when a case incentive sketch almost covers the cost of the entire case itself...
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
But your comment earlier in the thread: "Same here - would have been better to open (or announce) pre-ordering during the day. Sold out by 8am doesn't give anyone with a real-life schedule a chance to order."

That seems awfully rude to people who just happened to see this from work, like I did, and who were able to order.

Anyways, do not mean to bicker. I look forward to this set a lot.
I refuse to get baited into another argument with you. I'm sorry that most people are not in front of a computer between 3am and 8am like you are.

That's neither rude of me to say, nor is it incorrect.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
I refuse to get baited into another argument with you. I'm sorry that most people are not in front of a computer between 3am and 8am like you are.

That's neither rude of me to say, nor is it incorrect.
I'm not trying to start an argument. And for the record, I cancelled a case order with Ryan, so others like Jon and yourself could order some.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
I'm lucky I got a case from the sounds of it!

Will there be famous landmarks from space in this set or are all of the sketches done in a "what if" fantastical settings?

Edit: Looks like the nebula on the first page looks like the horsehead nebula. So both.
Yup that looks to be the horsehead nebula

I love the look of the nebulas over everything else out there in space and cannot wait to see all the different nebulas that will be drawn
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
First off you are assuming that this is how I collect -- actually you are flat out saying that is how I collect. . . which is wrong.

Second, I don't want to continue this discussion anymore, this whole segment of the conversation was over and had been moved on from before you brought it up again.

I know. . . I don't want to continue this anymore, but it really irks me when people tell me how I should collect. . . so . . .

Third, to me this is kinda like saying here's $100 for your Christmas present -- go out and buy it yourself, isn't it easier and better that way. . . my answer to that question is no. . .
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #119 (permalink)

C'mon guys, let's just move on. This type of convo is usually reserved for the basketball forums. There are currently multiple avenues at this time to purchase packs/cases through blowout/solarfly, to wait for singles to hit the market, and (if it gets approved) a 2 case draft break of this product. For a limited release, there will always be people late to the party.

I think Viceroy needs to release some more teaser pics to get everyone in a better mood :]
wesnilevirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
First off you are assuming that this is how I collect -- actually you are flat out saying that is how I collect. . . which is wrong.

Second, I don't want to continue this discussion anymore, this whole segment of the conversation was over and had been moved on from before you brought it up again.

I know. . . I don't want to continue this anymore, but it really irks me when people tell me how I should collect. . . so . . .

Third, to me this is kinda like saying here's $100 for your Christmas present -- go out and buy it yourself, isn't it easier and better that way. . . my answer to that question is no. . .
I'm going to respond to this. And that's going to be it from me. This is absurd, and quite childish.

I have seen 0 box breaks from you since March Jon, and the fact I sold you the auto's from Cryptids alluded me to believe you were more of a *singles* collector. Why on Earth you are taking this so personal is beyond me.

I'm not going to derail Ryan's thread here tho any longer. It seems to me though, that those who bought boxes or a case of Cryptids should absolutely be the first welcomed to buy this set. I was emailed days before about the timing of this order. Was at work, not "on from 3am-8am" like nicnac mentioned, and placed an order.

You guys seem to jump in when the water's hot, and are upset about these "flippers' almost wishing they lose money. Really Jon? Is that what you want dealers to do? I'm not even a dealer, but I know about 99% of them lost money this past year. Keep it up, and we'll see what new card releases come out in 2013.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #121 (permalink)

I hope I pull a NGC 6302! No, wait a, NGC 1277! Aw, who am I kidding, I should really just be happy to even pull a PSR B1957+20 and then trade it up.

*thread rehijacked by ... NASA NERDS!!!*
Old 12-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #122 (permalink)

I just ordered a case... hurry up, there's still some left!!!
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I hope I pull a NGC 6302! No, wait a, NGC 1277! Aw, who am I kidding, I should really just be happy to even pull a PSR B1957+20 and then trade it up.

*thread rehijacked by ... NASA NERDS!!!*
I'm praying for 10 NGC 6611's and nothing else
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
I'm praying for 10 NGC 6611's and nothing else
Pfffft, Jean-Philippe de Cheseaux is so 1745.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Pfffft, Jean-Philippe de Cheseaux is so 1745.
Dude 1745 was the IN/HIP/COOL year in Nebulae history