Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beginner's Case Break Question

Hey guys so I just bought my first case of Star Wars Galactic Files and I just got back from my house waiting for the UPS driver so it's waiting there for me. I was thinking about filming the case break but won't go through the trouble if people don't watch them. Is there any value in filming that and putting it on YouTube? Or do you only care about me putting images of the hits up?

Also, I went through the registration for scoundrel a week ago and haven't gotten an e-mail from them ... still can't log in (same username as here).
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Hey guys so I just bought my first case of Star Wars Galactic Files and I just got back from my house waiting for the UPS driver so it's waiting there for me. I was thinking about filming the case break but won't go through the trouble if people don't watch them. Is there any value in filming that and putting it on YouTube? Or do you only care about me putting images of the hits up?

Also, I went through the registration for scoundrel a week ago and haven't gotten an e-mail from them ... still can't log in (same username as here).
I'm not a fan of the videos myself, so I prefer scans but I know others enjoy watching breaks.

I had the same problem with Scoundrel--shoot the admin in the confirmation email you got another message. Some of the new user requests get stuck in their spam filters.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

as monkey said, some like watching video breaks, some just want to see scans. For this forum, pictures are perfect because many people don't want to spend the time watching a video. Why not do both, a video for youtube, and a few scans for here?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
as monkey said, some like watching video breaks, some just want to see scans. For this forum, pictures are perfect because many people don't want to spend the time watching a video. Why not do both, a video for youtube, and a few scans for here?
I'm afraid I'll scream like a little school girl if I pull a Harrison Ford auto or a nice sketchigraph though ... can't have evidence of that.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

It took me twice as long to get access to the forum as it did for Scoundrel... maybe I'm the exception to the rule?

If you promise to scream like a little school girl at your first hit, I promise to watch your case break video. Deal?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I agree. I personally get annoyed when someone posts the youtube video without saying what the hits are and without posting scans (I know I'm not alone). But if you feel like putting the energy into making videos I would provide scans here as well.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

The results. Got a few good sketches but nothing really that exciting. Probably not worth uploading the videos.