Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Charles Hall

Has any one had any problems with him for commissions?
He has done a piece for me but for some reason he has not sent it out and wont reply to my messages.
I now opened a paypal dispute to hope and get a refund or the card.
I wish he responded at let me know whats up

lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seems harsh to file a dispute without waiting for a response. You know, these artists can get very busy doing commissions, work for sets, etc. How long have you gone without a response to your message?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
Seems harsh to file a dispute without waiting for a response. You know, these artists can get very busy doing commissions, work for sets, etc. How long have you gone without a response to your message?
Probably 8 minutes, knowing the people on this site.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've had commissions take up to two years. Never had one from him though. From my experience, the best out there for quality and time to completion are Sean Pence and Gary Kezele.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm still waiting on my commission piece from Danielle "Soloud" Granusall. I commissioned her on March 10th...I'm not worried as she's getting very popular and we've been in communication multiple times!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Danielle responds to emails super quick and keeps a list of her commission status online that her clients can access. I would just shoot her a quick email.

If its a Marvel AP, it may be pending approval. I've been warned by a couple of artists that they have been waiting for months on some approvals since Disney took over.

Edit: Ignore me... I misread your post My mind moved the "not" from one spot to another. ooops

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 12-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

The card has been ready since the 18/11
On the 19th he said he will get out asap
On the 6th "I got really behind on shipping, ill get her out to you asap! thank you again"
Today is the 15th and i decided to try and go through paypal to see whats up.

Edit: The thing is i wanted this card before Christmas and at this rate its not going to happen, Shipping time to Australia is 2-4 weeks!

Last edited by lucky4444; 12-14-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Probably 8 minutes, knowing the people on this site.
idiot
Welcome to my ignore list!

Last edited by lucky4444; 12-14-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4444 View Post
The card has been ready since the 18/11
On the 19th he said he will get out asap
On the 6th "I got really behind on shipping, ill get her out to you asap! thank you again"
Today is the 15th and i decided to try and go through paypal to see whats up.

Edit: The thing is i wanted this card before Christmas and at this rate its not going to happen, Shipping time to Australia is 2-4 weeks!
Pretty soon here you wouldn't get the card in time for Christmas if you lived in the U.S... with how busy the postal service is this time of year, everything takes a little longer to ship, so I wouldn't expect to get it in time even if he shipped it out tomorrow. Just saying.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
I've had commissions take up to two years. Never had one from him though. From my experience, the best out there for quality and time to completion are Sean Pence and Gary Kezele.
Thanks for the compliment Ty, but I have to say that I have PLENTY of people on my commissions list right now that have had commissions pending for many months. We don't mean to take a long time, or make people wait, we get VERY very busy.

When you work on set after set, which have deadlines, time to complete personal commissions becomes VERY scarce, especially if you have a family and want to spend any time with them too.

If you have been waiting a long time for a commission, 99% of the time it is because we just have so much on our plate and our commission list gets backed up. Sometimes I take a long time to get back to people who message me too, just because of how busy I can get. Sometimes Ill read an email or PM, and even though Ive read it wont be able to respond for 2 days, maybe 3.

Charles is a stand up dude IMO, and Im betting if you give him some time he will get back to you!
G4RY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4RY View Post
Thanks for the compliment Ty, but I have to say that I have PLENTY of people on my commissions list right now that have had commissions pending for many months. We don't mean to take a long time, or make people wait, we get VERY very busy.

When you work on set after set, which have deadlines, time to complete personal commissions becomes VERY scarce, especially if you have a family and want to spend any time with them too.

If you have been waiting a long time for a commission, 99% of the time it is because we just have so much on our plate and our commission list gets backed up. Sometimes I take a long time to get back to people who message me too, just because of how busy I can get. Sometimes Ill read an email or PM, and even though Ive read it wont be able to respond for 2 days, maybe 3.

Charles is a stand up dude IMO, and Im betting if you give him some time he will get back to you!
Thank you for the information its just the not knowing

Old 12-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

I had 3 eBay purchases from Charles that have been waiting for different times--the longest was going on 30 days and I got them this week. He told me he was shipping several things this week, so hopefully you'll get it soon.

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 12-14-2012 at 10:25 PM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks Monkey that is great news

Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

I've commissioned 2 cards from charles. One he finished and sent out right away. The other hasn't arrived yet but I know he'll send it out soon. Just have to be patient. It's part of the price you pay for commissioning a very popular artist.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'd say I went about 3.5 months from beginning commission with him to actually receiving the card. Well worth the wait. Communication was lacking, for the most part, but was there when necessary.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Easiest way to tell if the artist is being a douche is to check their facebook. If they are active there and arent replying to your messages, theyre being a douche. Just be glad you arent caught up in the Ray Dillon/Renae de Liz situation....
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

My commissioned AP took some time to ship and he always got back to me (though not always instantly) and it was WELL worth the wait! As other have said, check his FB page hes been pumping out amazing cards almost daily of late so Im sure hes just a little backed up. Im still waiting on an AP from another artist since September.
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4RY View Post

Look at all these sketch artists lurking

Gary, your stuff rocks
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well looks like i will be getting a refund

Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Easiest way to tell if the artist is being a douche is to check their facebook. If they are active there and arent replying to your messages, theyre being a douche. Just be glad you arent caught up in the Ray Dillon/Renae de Liz situation....
he is always on facebook with new updates

Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4444 View Post
Well looks like i will be getting a refund
You filed a chargeback with PayPal AND say in your OP you would like a refund or the card. No offense, but after this thread, I would have went with the refund too.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

I would rather have the card over the money but if i don't go through Paypal i might get nothing back

Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #23 (permalink)

Did Charles ever respond?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

I've had a few commissions done with him, he's solid and his work is definitely worth the wait. Just be patient, this is a crazy time of the year anyways and I'm sure he's swamped right now.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

You only have 45 days to open a PP complaint. On the 46th day, you have no method of recourse available through PP. Better safe than sorry.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote