Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #251 (permalink)

I want to give Amber Shelton a big +1! She made a psc for me and the communication was great, she got to my card in the quoted time frame and made an awesome card. One of the best sketch card commission orders I've had yet.
Chuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #252 (permalink)

Two positive commissions from Jeffrey Abar for me.

'The Deep' Artist Proof of an Orca:

And a PSC of Harley Quinn:

ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:51 AM   #253 (permalink)

Sorry double post...
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #254 (permalink)

I'm very tardy in posting this, but I did get my Bob Stevlic psc's right around 5 months after I purchased them. Overall I'd give him a 2+. He sent 2 extra sketch cards (one in color and one in pencil) just because of the wait time. Here's a scan of one of the cards (a walker from walking dead)

and the main one... a Maggie sketch from Walking Dead
RtdRSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #255 (permalink)

Give a +2 for Tim Proctor. I am very happy with these so I am having him do a bunch more for me.

wiltiger7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #256 (permalink)

Giving both Amber Shelton a +1 for great communication and an awesome sketch cover &
+1 to Tim Proctor on 2 great sketch cards he did for me!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #257 (permalink)

+1 for Tim Proctor for a hell of a good puzzle sketch!

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #258 (permalink)

Very happy with a puzzle Tim Proctor did for me, great communication and great art. 1+ for Tim!!

chriswalkendead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #259 (permalink)

Probably should add some of mine in here. Have done a few PC commissions lately.

Frank Kadar - Four sketches total - 2 separate lots of 2. Totally professional and great to deal with. Top work, fantastic communication and speedy turn around.

Ashleigh Popplewell - Two sketches in a single purchase - Again lovely sketches, very easy to deal with and super fast !

Scott Rory - Two Sketches in a single purchase - Great work and all went very well.

So far all my experiences have been positives, thanks to the artists for making it so! Hope the streak continues !

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #260 (permalink)

Here is my sketch by Tim Proctor:

Poison Ivy pinup.
WTB: Michelle Baena 2013 hair cards /2 /5, 2013 National Letter E
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #261 (permalink)

Mine was a sketch cover and not a sketch card, but I'd give Ashleigh Popplewell a big +1.

WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #262 (permalink)

Veronica O'Connell

+++++++++++++++++++1!

Amazing amazing sketch.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #263 (permalink)

Sara Richard: +1 (million)

Been trying to get her to work on a very specific piece I wanted done. I spent over a year tracking down a blank booklet from the greatest sketch set ever released. I then contacted her about commissioning said booklet. No go. Not taking commissions for well into the future as she's working on personal projects. I waited months, sent another follow up note, hoping for the best but still not expecting to get much. Still wouldn't accept any commissions BUT... would be at the Gem City ComiCon in Dayton! Sara said she would definitely be able to work on the piece I wanted if I could make it. Damn right I could make it. Kevin Eastman was there, too, which was a whole other level of awesome.

So, anyway, this thing has been over a year in the making.... and I can't even show it. Sorry. The level of epic awesome would make a licensing directors head explode. Well, it's awesome to me anyway. I imagine it'd be completely awesome to a few million other people, as well as make the character rights owners a few hundred million more if they figure it out.

So, yeah - Sara Richard: +1.

Your only hint:

Maybe I'll post it if somebody reminds me in, like, 3 years or something. I feel like they'll figure it out by then and capitalize...
Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #264 (permalink)

Well, for the first time, I've had a very negative experience from an artist, and I figured I would share my experience here...

Jim Kyle (eBay ID- jkyleart) was selling $40 PSC Commission through eBay. After contacting Mr. Kyle, I decided to purchase one of his commission spots on 02/18/14. During our communication around the time in which I bought the spot, he told me that the card should be completed in "two to three weeks". On March 25th (about five weeks later), I hadn't received the card or any sort of update, so I sent a message politely asking for an update. Later that day, he sent me the following message...

Dear detroitsportsfan1988,

Hi sorry for the wait, Ive been so busy with these commissions and deadline work sometimes I forget to answer. I already started your Hawkman piece. It should be done and shipped this coming week.

Best,

Jim

- jkyleart

That's fine with me, because I really liked his style, and as long as he was working on the card, I was happy. I understand some artists get busy with other projects, so I didn't mind waiting a little bit longer. After that message, no update again for a little while, so I sent him another message on 04/06/14 asking for an update, and got no response. I sent another message on 04/12/14, and still no response. Finally, after one more message in which I finally voiced my displeasure as a customer on 04/17/14, he responds with the following message on 04/18/14...

Dear detroitsportsfan1988,

Hi...nope you didn't lose out I've just been super busy but am working on your art. You'll love it I promise.

Jim

- jkyleart

Fast forward to today, still no card or update from Mr. Kyle, so I sent him the following message, as it is now too late for me to leave feedback through eBay (I thought I had 90 days, otherwise I would have left feedback before this, but eBay gives you 60 days instead)...

Dear jkyleart,

Over two weeks later and no card or communication about an update. Whether you are busy with other projects or not, I was quoted "around two or three weeks". I won't bother you about this any longer, because in my mind, even if I receive the card in the mail tomorrow, this has been my worst commission experience among the twenty five or so I have done. It's too bad I waited so long to leave feedback here on eBay, because it won't allow me to do so. But I will be posting my experiences elsewhere, so I can hopefully aid other customers in their future commission choices...

- detroitsportsfan1988

I understand artists get busy with other projects, but two and a half months is far too long to wait on a single PSC in which I was quoted "two or three weeks" before I purchased the commission. I only wish I could give him negative eBay feedback, because as of right now, he's sitting with an unblemished 100%. Therefore, I have to give Jim Kyle a big -1, negative, whatever you want to call it, here in this thread. A lack of communication, coupled with the fact that I have never received the sketch, brings me my first negative experience in the world of commissioned PSC's...

UPDATE- May 21st

So Jim Kyle finally sent me a scan on my PSC just a few moments ago. He said it ships this week, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll update again if I have tracking by this weekend...

UPDATE- June 28th

Forgot to update this, but I did finally receive the card in the second week of June after opening a dispute on eBay. Refund wasn't an option due to the time frame, but I think he sent to avoid any sort of strike on his eBay account. Even with the card in hand, with a doubt still a very negative transaction...

Last edited by Michael Miracle; 06-28-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added update
Michael Miracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:29 AM   #265 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AceGambit3 Send a message via MSN to AceGambit3

Richard Salvucci
+1

Very quick turnaround (1 week)

From Person of Interest
Amy Acker as Root & Sarah Shahi as Shaw
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #266 (permalink)

A big +1 to Frank Kadar. Just got my Ghost commission in from him, and it looks great.

Also a +1 (three times) to Mel Uran. I got three cards commissioned through Facebook with amazing turnaround time of a single day. We even spoke back and forth on FB messenger while she laid out and inked a couple of them. I'm at work, so I don't have pics of those unfortunately, but they look amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Sketch Commission Feedback Thread (AP/AE/PSCs)-ghostkadar.jpg  
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead767 View Post
A big +1 to Frank Kadar. Just got my Ghost commission in from him, and it looks great.

Also a +1 (three times) to Mel Uran. I got three cards commissioned through Facebook with amazing turnaround time of a single day. We even spoke back and forth on FB messenger while she laid out and inked a couple of them. I'm at work, so I don't have pics of those unfortunately, but they look amazing.
Thanks again Alan!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FrankAKadar
FAKadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #268 (permalink)

Jim Kyle is very difficult to get work from. I believe you will get your art eventually, but it may be a long time. I think when I commissioned him it took a year or more.
Colm Feore, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #269 (permalink)

+ 2 for Jose Carlos Sanchez. Commissioned a couple of Women of Marvel 2 Artist Proofs as well as something extra that may or may not be for another project...

Emma Frost as White Queen:

Jean Grey as White Phoenix:

and this will probably show up again. Somewhere....

Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #270 (permalink)

+3 for Tim Proctor....3 great sketches/paintings.....great communication....pretty fast turnaround.....all around A+++++++
Da_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Sara Richard: +1 (million)

Been trying to get her to work on a very specific piece I wanted done. I spent over a year tracking down a blank booklet from the greatest sketch set ever released. I then contacted her about commissioning said booklet. No go. Not taking commissions for well into the future as she's working on personal projects. I waited months, sent another follow up note, hoping for the best but still not expecting to get much. Still wouldn't accept any commissions BUT... would be at the Gem City ComiCon in Dayton! Sara said she would definitely be able to work on the piece I wanted if I could make it. Damn right I could make it. Kevin Eastman was there, too, which was a whole other level of awesome.

So, anyway, this thing has been over a year in the making.... and I can't even show it. Sorry. The level of epic awesome would make a licensing directors head explode. Well, it's awesome to me anyway. I imagine it'd be completely awesome to a few million other people, as well as make the character rights owners a few hundred million more if they figure it out.

So, yeah - Sara Richard: +1.

Your only hint:

Maybe I'll post it if somebody reminds me in, like, 3 years or something. I feel like they'll figure it out by then and capitalize...
This post drives me crazy. :/
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #272 (permalink)

+1 for Mary Bellamy! Great work, fast turnaround, great communication!

jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #273 (permalink)

Another reason to give props to Michael Duron

Old 06-22-2014, 06:03 AM   #274 (permalink)

Tim Proctor: +1

Quick turnaround on 8x10 commission piece.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #275 (permalink)

If commissions at ComiCons count...

Sara Richard: +1

Completed 2 9x12 pieces for another project that I'm working on. Assist on the acquisition and shipping by Spider-Fan. (Thanks again!)