Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I just wanted to point out that case incentives wouldn't be necessary if they didn't produce so many damn cases!!
DING DING DING. Winner!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #77 (permalink)

Anybody "in the know" have any idea if there will be a Carice van Houten (Melisandre) autograph? That's my most desirable card in this set.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #78 (permalink)

^^^ more than likely
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #79 (permalink)

Looks like no Liam Cunningham, James Cosmo, or Carice van Houten autographs.

Also very odd to see that most of the new signers are listed as normal (have each done over 500 autographs for the set).

Looks as though there are only 3 artists who produced sketch cards for this set.

No sketches of the actors. No worn clothing relics.

9500 boxes?

I shouldn't complain. I love Game of Thrones, and I will buy product regardless. I just wonder if I'm the only one who is pissed off at RA.

Last edited by Ronin; 04-30-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #80 (permalink)

That's strange- And it seem that the two autos I most wanted, Jaqen H’ghar & Jorah Mormont are ONLY available in Full-Bleed? In the last set if an actor only signed a single card type, it was the Bordered which I prefer. I'm a little disappointed by that, but there were a few rare instances in Series 1 where I did prefer the Full-Bleed version to the Bordered (Viserys, for instance) so hopefully they still look nice since I won't get the option.

Also- Jaqen H’ghar was the once I wanted most, and he's in the Over 500 category so at least he'll be fairly cheap. That's good on a PC level at least. Not great for flipping.

Edit: Just noticed they added Irri as an auto! And Bordered! That's another one I'll have to add to the PC.

Last edited by Magickyak; 04-30-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Looks like no Liam Cunningham, James Cosmo, or Carice van Houten autographs.

No sketches of the actors. No worn clothing relics.

I shouldn't complain. I love Game of Thrones, and I will buy product regardless. I just wonder if I'm the only one who is pissed off at RA.
I'm buying it anyway too. I don't blame RA for missing actor autographs; it appears they do everything they can to get all the big names, but they can't force the actors sign cards. Besides, there's always next season. For the S1 set people complained about the lack of autos from stars like Sophie Turner and Iain Glen, but we got them in S2.

The relics are a big disappointment. But again, maybe HBO wouldn't give RA anything else.
coreywt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #82 (permalink)

Default IMHO,

Season One cases have gone up and Season Two cases offer more at the same base price. The autograph list is longer but we have so many more key characters and stars available to pull in S2.
Relics and sketches are added value no matter what they sell for.
I'm psyched,
VinnyH
Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreywt View Post
I'm buying it anyway too. I don't blame RA for missing actor autographs; it appears they do everything they can to get all the big names, but they can't force the actors sign cards. Besides, there's always next season. For the S1 set people complained about the lack of autos from stars like Sophie Turner and Iain Glen, but we got them in S2.

The relics are a big disappointment. But again, maybe HBO wouldn't give RA anything else.
Yeah, I just feel like some of those new signers should be in the Very Limited category. They could have even put some of the Limited(top) signers from last season and put them into the Extremely Limited category for this season. This wasn't out of RA's hands.

I blame Rittenhouse for not telling us that the relics wouldn't be of worn clothing, or that sketches were to be of only locations, or that there would be only 3 artist doing sketches. I would have never pre-ordered. I only pre-ordered because I heard about the relics and sketches, and that did it for me. This wasn't out of their hands.

Top autograph hits are exactly the same as season one, including the case incentive Peter Dinklage, and that's unfortunate. Only difference is the addition of Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon. Isn't out of their hands

I blame them for producing too many boxes, and flooding the market with autographs. again, not out of their hands

I can't be the only one..
Old 05-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #84 (permalink)

I think what they have done with this set is amazing. I mean 40+ autographs with pretty much 99% of the top characters on the show is amazing. Between Rittenhouse and Cryptozoic, they make other companies non-sports cards sets look pathetic (looking at you Iron Man 3). This is amazing, just having a chance at some of these are good enough for me. I just wish that other companies would follow suit. How amazing would it be to have people like Downey Jr., Paltrow, Pierce, and Kingsley sign for that Iron Man 3 set? I'd be buying it all up if that were the case. Instead you get three actors and then different variants for each actor. Stick autographs to boot. These are all on-card and keep in mind, they had to get 46 people involved to ship these out to, have them signed, and returned in good shape. I think that's pretty amazing in the card world.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I think what they have done with this set is amazing. I mean 40+ autographs with pretty much 99% of the top characters on the show is amazing. Between Rittenhouse and Cryptozoic, they make other companies non-sports cards sets look pathetic (looking at you Iron Man 3). This is amazing, just having a chance at some of these are good enough for me. I just wish that other companies would follow suit. How amazing would it be to have people like Downey Jr., Paltrow, Pierce, and Kingsley sign for that Iron Man 3 set? I'd be buying it all up if that were the case. Instead you get three actors and then different variants for each actor. Stick autographs to boot. These are all on-card and keep in mind, they had to get 46 people involved to ship these out to, have them signed, and returned in good shape. I think that's pretty amazing in the card world.
I agree, it's a feat to get so many actors to sign, and I do applaud them for that. I just think the advertisement was poorly managed, and that the sets composition could be improved.

Last edited by Ronin; 05-04-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #86 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to dreamerfan

Even though more info has come out since I ordered my case I still want it. I will try to do another master set of the autos again. I am looking forward to the new characters autos

I super collect Blair White-Larry Walker
dreamerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #87 (permalink)

Default posted on another forum...

According to the Rittenhouse Facebook page there are only about 70 total sketches. Making them a rare hit at somewhere around 1 in 12 cases (give or take). It will be interesting to track them.
Good Luck,
VinnyH
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #88 (permalink)

Almost there- so just for fun I put together a list of the Top 5 characters I'd like to pull for my pc (Purely based on character, not sale value) and the Bottom 5 duds.

Tops 5)

1) Jaqen H’ghar
2) Ser Jorah Mormont
3) Gregor Clegane
4) Arya Stark (I never got her in the first series...)
5) Ygritte

Duds) (I'm going to choose new signers who I don't feel needed to be included, as opposed to unnecessary repeats such as Littlefinger and Varys.)

1) Pypar
2) Quaithe
3) Mathos Seaworth
4) Janos Slynt
5) Yara Greyjoy (Would've prefered Balon)

I had trouble separating characters I didn't want because they were inconsequential vs characters I didn't want because I don't like them =P So here's a list of characters I don't want because I don't like them. Straight to eBay with this lot.

1) Lysa Arryn
2) Osha
3) Shae
4) Margaery Tyrell
5) Brienne of Tarth
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #89 (permalink)

solarfly imformed me that my case has been shipped.Im so excited for this set, plus the fact I used my 30% off code he gave me when he couldnt come through with most of the walking dead s2 boxes
Toolakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, I just feel like some of those new signers should be in the Very Limited category. They could have even put some of the Limited(top) signers from last season and put them into the Extremely Limited category for this season. This wasn't out of RA's hands.

I blame Rittenhouse for not telling us that the relics wouldn't be of worn clothing, or that sketches were to be of only locations, or that there would be only 3 artist doing sketches. I would have never pre-ordered. I only pre-ordered because I heard about the relics and sketches, and that did it for me. This wasn't out of their hands.

Top autograph hits are exactly the same as season one, including the case incentive Peter Dinklage, and that's unfortunate. Only difference is the addition of Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon. Isn't out of their hands

I blame them for producing too many boxes, and flooding the market with autographs. again, not out of their hands

I can't be the only one..
if the relics are not of worn clothing , then what are they of ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
if the relics are not of worn clothing , then what are they of ?
House banner props used on the show
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #92 (permalink)

First sketch card has hit eBay:

2013 Game of Thrones Season 2 Color Sketch Kings Landing David Deb Very RARE | eBay
StevieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #93 (permalink)

sketch is nice but will never sell close to that price.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieV View Post
wow that is one amazing sketch card
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 AM   #95 (permalink)

Default Relics and lack of stitching

What's up with the complete lack of stitching on the relic cards. They show the flags on the back of the cards having the house stitching but it almost seems like they just cut around that and left us with the crust. I have been scouring the internet and have not seen one. Does anyone know if they exist?
Jaysmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
According to the Rittenhouse Facebook page there are only about 70 total sketches. Making them a rare hit at somewhere around 1 in 12 cases
just one more thing rittenhouse did not warn us about.

speaking of relic cards..how much are the banner/cloak props cards selling for?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #97 (permalink)

I am TOTALLY new to the non sport arena, but IMO it sure seems like buying a case of a product like this for example is a sure money maker, if your a fun loving pack busting kinda guy. I went through eBay sales relating back to someone elses case pulls and after fees I figure they would make $125-$150 selling everything. And I don't think generally speaking their case was all that spectacular of quality autos.

Is this generally the results from breaks of entertainment products?

I mean baseball for example after buying a case it is a TON harder even coming close, you need a huge hit, and well those are far between. If you pull a crappy baseball autograph you can get $1-$2 for it, if you pull a no namer actor\actress autograph (it seems like) you can at least can get $10.

Granted I do think trying to get say $500 plus for a single card might be a lot harder in this entertainment market when comparing to baseball where if you pull for example a rare Bryce Harper auto there is a lot more collectors shelling out high dollar amounts. But still........

Thoughts? Or am I just missing the boat here?

Last edited by lakesidez; 05-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.
lakesidez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #98 (permalink)

Default IMHO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidez View Post
I am TOTALLY new to the non sport arena, but IMO it sure seems like buying a case of a product like this for example is a sure money maker, if your a fun loving pack busting kinda guy. I went through eBay sales relating back to someone elses case pulls and after fees I figure they would make $125-$150 selling everything. And I don't think generally speaking their case was all that spectacular of quality autos.

Is this generally the results from breaks of entertainment products?

I mean baseball for example after buying a case it is a TON harder even coming close, you need a huge hit, and well those are far between. If you pull a crappy baseball autograph you can get $1-$2 for it, if you pull a no namer actor\actress autograph (it seems like) you can at least can get $10.

Granted I do think trying to get say $500 plus for a single card might be a lot harder in this entertainment market when comparing to baseball where if you pull for example a rare Bryce Harper auto there is a lot more collectors shelling out high dollar amounts. But still........

Thoughts? Or am I just missing the boat here?
I think non-sports are steadier and sports are more hit & miss. Meaning, you can get lucky and hit a big rookie or auto in sports cases but if not, your investment drops significantly. Non-sports cases tend to have decent hits, maybe no blockbuster superfractors, but value throughout.
Also, autos of established actors tend to stay popular while yesterday's hot baseball player (see Jesus Montero) can fade into oblivion, price-wise.
Gotta run,
VinnyH
Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysmark View Post
What's up with the complete lack of stitching on the relic cards. They show the flags on the back of the cards having the house stitching but it almost seems like they just cut around that and left us with the crust. I have been scouring the internet and have not seen one. Does anyone know if they exist?

speaking of which

I also pulled 3 autos from one box a gregor clegane was stuck to the back of a qourin halfhand
Toolakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #100 (permalink)

Default Look close...

I just grabbed a Sansa Stark relic with black line printing on it on eBay. They might be few and far between. Hopefully we'll see more.
Best to All,
VinnyH