Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any word on Game of Thrones Season 2 ?

With Season 3 airing in late March, one would think an announcement of the Season 2 cards should be sometime soon.. Has any information been posted by Rittenhouse? I'm hoping for wardrobe & sketch cards this time around.

Last edited by neon_tiger; 01-01-2013 at 07:21 PM.
neon_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_tiger View Post
With Season 3 airing in late March, one would think an announcement of the Season 2 cards should be sometime soon.. Has any information been posted by Rittenhouse? I'm hoping for wardrobe & sketch cards this time around.
I hope so

lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

May 22nd is the set release date. I wrote Rittenhouse on FB.

I'll try to figure out if there will be wardrobe or sketch cards.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

Does anyone think Season 1 will start going up in price? I am sitting on 5 cases because I think when Season 3 gets closer to airing interest will rise.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
Does anyone think Season 1 will start going up in price? I am sitting on 5 cases because I think when Season 3 gets closer to airing interest will rise.
It didn't seem like interest ever picked up for this release. It could just be me though, but I was able to get most of the autographs at fairly decent prices. The Peter Dinklage is probably my favorite autograph out of all the cards I own.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Not at all, which is why I cautioned folks about stocking up on this product thinking it would be like The Walking Dead. You will be lucky if it holds it's value or only decreases slightly over time.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

i still need 10 boarded autos, my goal is to finish before the season 2 release.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

huge annoucement : Season 2 will have relic and sketch cards.

I just asked rittenhouse on their fb page and thats what they said.

EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow, I'm definitely buying a bunch of Season 2! I didn't buy any Season 1 because they only had autos and some of the best ones were only available as incentives...
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

This will be worth a case purchae if you are guaranteed a sketch card, huge mistake not to put wardrobe and sketches in season one, glad they fixed it for two.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86

If anyone is looking for Season 1 Cards shoot me a PM. I HAVE A TON LEFT!!!
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
This will be worth a case purchae if you are guaranteed a sketch card, huge mistake not to put wardrobe and sketches in season one, glad they fixed it for two.
If sketches come out, I'm guessing they will be either a 3 or 6 case incentive. Just a guess tho.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

So damn happy to hear about the costume and sketch cards. Just wondiferous!

Any idea or speculation on when GoT season 2 and Archer will be available for pre-order?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Always an optimist...

My hope would be that Season 2 creates more interest in Season 1. If Rittenhouse doesn't repeat most of the cast autos from S1 in the S2 series it could inspire more master set type collections. With Rittenhouse adding wardrobe and sketches in S2, my guess is that autos would have to be lessened in the S2 product.

If they repeat most of the character autos it would hurt both series.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
My hope would be that Season 2 creates more interest in Season 1. If Rittenhouse doesn't repeat most of the cast autos from S1 in the S2 series it could inspire more master set type collections. With Rittenhouse adding wardrobe and sketches in S2, my guess is that autos would have to be lessened in the S2 product.

If they repeat most of the character autos it would hurt both series.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Agreed, and I hope they make the autos more rare as well. No more main hits as incentives and lets hope they don't go premium pack with this.

Maybe something like.. Costume 1:1 Box, Sketch 1:2 Box, Auto 1:3 Box, Sketch Auto 2:Case?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Not at all, which is why I cautioned folks about stocking up on this product thinking it would be like The Walking Dead. You will be lucky if it holds it's value or only decreases slightly over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Agreed, and I hope they make the autos more rare as well. No more main hits as incentives and lets hope they don't go premium pack with this.

Maybe something like.. Costume 1:1 Box, Sketch 1:2 Box, Auto 1:3 Box, Sketch Auto 2:Case?
As Iggy said, this is not Rittenhouse' model. Look at any Star Trek release. The value is highest right after release and except for select continues to drop until it bottoms out a few months later.

They ALWAYS repeat the top hits.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

lots of Game of Thrones auto's are still quite expensive, I don't think it's dropped off too much.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
As Iggy said, this is not Rittenhouse' model. Look at any Star Trek release. The value is highest right after release and except for select continues to drop until it bottoms out a few months later.

They ALWAYS repeat the top hits.
You can't really compare Star Trek to GoT..
Old 01-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
You can't really compare Star Trek to GoT..
I wasn't. I was talking about Rittenhouse's business model.
They produce more cases than Cryptozoic, and they repeat top hits. These two factors alone tell you the product will - mostly - drop in value, and that top level signers will be available again.

Season three, top signers. Season 4, top signers, and, many many more cases of product.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Completely agree with Nicnac.

I'm hoping this set is good tho, I like the fact that relics were added and hopefully we see case hit sketches. If so, i'm on board.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't. I was talking about Rittenhouse's business model.
It seemed like you were.

Quote:
They produce more cases than Cryptozoic, and they repeat top hits. These two factors alone tell you the product will - mostly - drop in value, and that top level signers will be available again.
Right, that's a given using their normal mold. A very stubborn and ignorant one. I wonder when they will learn. Not to say Cryptozoic does everything right. They've both had failed releases, so even with the best model, it means nothing if you don't have the right license.

Despite the fact that you are right about Rittenhouses products losing value much faster due to things like overproduction, over saturation of autos, the type of incentives etc, I think GoT will continue to hold value over other releases such as Star Trek. I Think Season 2 will hold even better value. People will probably want to tar and feather me for saying this, but I think The Walking Dead is overrated and I was never really interested in the card product. Cryptozoic got lucky with TWD, but it won't last if the show doesn't hold up. GoT is here to stay!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
If they wanted to make this into a hobby that only case-buyers are encouraged to participate in, that would be a good way to do it.

You don't grow a hobby by making the entry-point higher than new collectors can reasonably afford.
unamuzd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

i don't watch the show nor do i collect the cards, so i probably have no place to comment here... BUT i just read through this thread and it sounds like season 1 didn't have relics? are you kidding me? I can't believe anybody bought this product without relics! sketches are nice, but relics and autos are COST OF ENTRY for a tv/movie set.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
It seemed like you were.

Right, that's a given using their normal mold. A very stubborn and ignorant one. I wonder when they will learn. Not to say Cryptozoic does everything right. They've both had failed releases, so even with the best model, it means nothing if you don't have the right license.

Despite the fact that you are right about Rittenhouses products losing value much faster due to things like overproduction, over saturation of autos, the type of incentives etc, I think GoT will continue to hold value over other releases such as Star Trek. I Think Season 2 will hold even better value. People will probably want to tar and feather me for saying this, but I think The Walking Dead is overrated and I was never really interested in the card product. Cryptozoic got lucky with TWD, but it won't last if the show doesn't hold up. GoT is here to stay!
Don't get me wrong. GoT is something fresh for television, serious, epic fantasy. However, unlike zombies, fantasy comes and goes. GoT is finite. GRR Martin will eat himself to death sooner rather than later and GoT will come to a screeching halt. Walking Dead has much more material out there in the comic books, but depends on the show sticking around (we'll see what AMC continues to do with it from here forward).
Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

I don't fault them for repeating the big autos, a TV show only has so many stars and while getting new supporting actors to sign for subsequent sets helps it's still the big names that drive sales.
That being said, Rittenhouse could do better with the big main cast repeat signers. Just look at Cryptozoics follow ups to Big Bang Theory and Vampire Diaries, all the big names are signing again, but they put a neat twist on them by having the new autos as autographed costume cards this time and I haven't heard a single person complain about those repeat signers.

As for GOT, I really hope they do away with multiple versions of the same signers. While the cards were different the sheer numbers of autographs flooded the market fast, especially the lesser names. I don't think many people outside of master set collectors or those who were huge fans of specific actors needed to get both versions.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote