Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, TX
Posts: 1,165
Default Price check on Platinum Cut Clarence Kolb

Was in a group break of this and got lucky enough to get a hit. Didn't know too much about him since he is well before my time. He was a bit actor back in the 40's. Not sure if I am going to keep or try to sell but does anybody have any thoughts to a value? Did I just get one of the basic $20 hits? Maybe a $40-$50 one? Or did I do pretty decent and it could possibly crack $100?

1/1 Clarence Kolb cut auto

He was in movies like "His Girl Friday" and "Adam's Rib" and was also in the tv show "My Little Margie"

Thanks for any insight
__________________
Looking for any and all Mike Nesseth 2010 Elite cards.
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Seriously? You're on the INTERNET and you need outside help to find out information on your cut?

Google
Wikipedia
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, TX
Posts: 1,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Seriously? You're on the INTERNET and you need outside help to find out information on your cut?

Google
Wikipedia
Already checked for prices but couldn't find anything that would help. One came up on Worthpoint but I don't have a subscription. I didn't know that Wikipedia tells you values of things and if you read my post, I was looking for help on a value, not who he was. Since I couldn't find anything myself I was hoping somebody here might be an autograph collector and could shed some light.

Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge with me.
__________________
Looking for any and all Mike Nesseth 2010 Elite cards.
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdo0423 View Post
Was in a group break of this and got lucky enough to get a hit. Didn't know too much about him since he is well before my time. He was a bit actor back in the 40's. Not sure if I am going to keep or try to sell but does anybody have any thoughts to a value? Did I just get one of the basic $20 hits? Maybe a $40-$50 one? Or did I do pretty decent and it could possibly crack $100?

1/1 Clarence Kolb cut auto

He was in movies like "His Girl Friday" and "Adam's Rib" and was also in the tv show "My Little Margie"

Thanks for any insight
Alright well, I've never estimated value like this before but if I was buying this card from you, I would put it at the $50 range based on completed auctions of 1/1 cuts from that series (assuming it's 2013).

This is horrible to say but I'm guessing that since Clarance Kolb died in 1964 it's probably on average more rare than someone who died in the 80s or 90s. The fact that there's only one of these in the series backs this up maybe? So I would price it at $40 low end and maybe $65 high end?

Hope this helps, again, I don't collect these things nor am I an expert in anyway on this stuff.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jacksonville, TX
Posts: 1,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Alright well, I've never estimated value like this before but if I was buying this card from you, I would put it at the $50 range based on completed auctions of 1/1 cuts from that series (assuming it's 2013).

This is horrible to say but I'm guessing that since Clarance Kolb died in 1964 it's probably on average more rare than someone who died in the 80s or 90s. The fact that there's only one of these in the series backs this up maybe? So I would price it at $40 low end and maybe $65 high end?

Hope this helps, again, I don't collect these things nor am I an expert in anyway on this stuff.
Thank you. I appreciate the response.
__________________
Looking for any and all Mike Nesseth 2010 Elite cards.
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.