Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces View Post
My guess would be that you got bumped for something/someone the producers thought was more interesting. Oh well, that's (reality) show biz!
Yeah it sucked, because it is one of my favorite shows. The place was absolutely packed, and when it comes to the more unique items, the regular workers in the shop really do not give you the time of day.

I am sure they thought what ever they were filming those days would be more appealing on TV than a set of golf clubs once owned by a relatively obscure mob associate!
__________________
"You're telling me that the FBI is going to pay me to learn to surf?"
craigtheowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centreville, Md
Posts: 1,529
Default

Saw this thread from the other pawn stars thread. Pawn stars is 100% fake. In season 1, Rick from ricks restorations brother was on selling an old Coke machine that "had been in the family for years" and he said he didnt know much about it. Really? The dude does nothing but restore and sell old coke machines, yet he knows nothing about them? Next Rick from pawn stars takes the Same coke machine to...surprise! Ricks restorations! Also there was I believe a 1971 les paul, where the guy that brought it in works at cow town guitars, and they called in the expert from...cow town guitars. So a guy that works in the vintage section of cowtown guitars brings in a vintage LP and knows nothing about it. Then surprise, it ends up on the website of cow town guitars for sale. All "reality" tv is fake.

Last edited by callou2131; 11-23-2013 at 10:31 AM.
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
Saw this thread from the other pawn stars thread. Pawn stars is 100% fake. In season 1, Rick from ricks restorations brother was on selling an old Coke machine that "had been in the family for years" and he said he didnt know much about it. Really? The dude does nothing but restore and sell old coke machines, yet he knows nothing about them? Next Rick from pawn stars takes the Same coke machine to...surprise! Ricks restorations! Also there was I believe a 1971 les paul, where the guy that brought it in works at cow town guitars, and they called in the expert from...cow town guitars. So a guy that works in the vintage section of cowtown guitars brings in a vintage LP and knows nothing about it. Then surprise, it ends up on the website of cow town guitars for sale. All "reality" tv is fake.
Except for COPS. That's the only, and best, reality show out there.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
Saw this thread from the other pawn stars thread. Pawn stars is 100% fake. In season 1, Rick from ricks restorations brother was on selling an old Coke machine that "had been in the family for years" and he said he didnt know much about it. Really? The dude does nothing but restore and sell old coke machines, yet he knows nothing about them? Next Rick from pawn stars takes the Same coke machine to...surprise! Ricks restorations! Also there was I believe a 1971 les paul, where the guy that brought it in works at cow town guitars, and they called in the expert from...cow town guitars. So a guy that works in the vintage section of cowtown guitars brings in a vintage LP and knows nothing about it. Then surprise, it ends up on the website of cow town guitars for sale. All "reality" tv is fake.
I think we all know it is fake, but it provides entertainment. Would you rather watch what really happens in pawn shops?? Some guy brings in a gold necklace on pawn, rick loans him $50, guy brings in $60 one week later, Rick gives him back necklace. That would keep us all on the edge of our seats.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 30
Default

Are we talking pubic hair?

Last edited by Wombat; 11-24-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
I think we all know it is fake, but it provides entertainment. Would you rather watch what really happens in pawn shops?? Some guy brings in a gold necklace on pawn, rick loans him $50, guy brings in $60 one week later, Rick gives him back necklace. That would keep us all on the edge of our seats.
LOL--exactly, man.

A true reality show of a pawn shop would be incredibly mundane and dull.

I treat the show like a sitcom and occasionally learn something new along the way.
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
LOL--exactly, man.

A true reality show of a pawn shop would be incredibly mundane and dull.

I treat the show like a sitcom and occasionally learn something new along the way.
I "discovered" the truth about the show not along ago, and it makes total sense when you really think about it.

But at the same time, it doesn't ruin the value of the show. Like you said you occasionally learn something, there is a comical aspect to it at times, as well.

BTW they just re-aired the episode featuring this card.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.