Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Head's Up: Steve Jackson Games INWO/Illuminati Cards

I wanted to wait until I had a sale to back what I had been seeing as real, but I can now report that you should keep an eye out for Steve Jackson Games Illuminati : New World Order (INWO) card sets and related products.

Back in 2000, some friends and I were searching for a hobby that didn't cost a lot of money. I bought some INWO stuff, but we never got around to trying it. I picked up the factory set (One With Everything), the SubGenius add-on, and one of the starter kits with booster packs.

In this thread someone mentioned that these cards sell pretty well, so I decided to price out what I had. Once I saw the results, I had the set and SubGenius set listed within a few minutes

Apparently these went out of print several years ago. I think I bought everything I had for a total of $40 back in 2000.

I just sold the *opened* OWE set and the SubGenius add-on as a lot for $235 (payment has been made) w/ shipping included.

I probably could have gotten a little more for them, but I didn't want to have these sitting around for long.

If you can find the OWE or SubGenius sets *sealed*, you can sell those for some real serious money. But even opened, these could have some nice flip potential.

I'm going through my loose cards now and had a few rares that I can probably get $2-5 a piece for.

Anyway, just wanted to alert you all to this opportunity in case you didn't already know about them

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, congrats on the sale! I remember the game back then, unfortunately I don't think I bought any of it.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm going to be listing 6 of these on ebay tonight unless you guys think I should crack them and sell individually. Looks like the going price is around $5 per pack.

cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd probably take the pack price--not sure what the odds are on the rares, but they don't typically go for more than that. If you got an ultra-rare, those seem to be in the $50-60 range.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote