Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Rittenhouse previews Marvel Greatest Battles

Rittenhouse previews Marvel Greatest Battles
Jan 31st 2013, 18:11

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor
Some of Marvel Comics’ most intense battles are coming to cards.
Rittenhouse Archives is putting together set featuring infamous fights between characters such as Thor and Loki or Iron Man against Mandarin in its upcoming Marvel Greatest Battles Trading Cards.
The set will feature 90 base cards, but collectors will definitely be on the lookout for the sketch cards. Each box will contain a two-card sketch puzzle with a different character on each side. When put together, you get one amazing scene drawn by one of the artists for the set.

Battle scenes include Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin, Hulk vs. Wolverine, Spider-Man vs. Venom, Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel, Fantastic Four vs. Dr. Doom, Captain America vs. Red Skull and more.
Artists include Mick Glebe, Matt Glebe, Rhiannon Owens, Matias Streb, Pablo Marcos, Anthony Tan, Andy Price, Cezar Razek, Charles Hall, John Haun, Joshua Flower, Studio Mia, Jon Hughes, Adam Cline, Joe Pekar and others.
There is an assortment of chase cards in each box
- Avengers vs. X-Men (1:12 packs)
- Battle Scars (1:12)
- Gold Plastic (1:24)
- Red parallel (1:3)
- Gold parallel (1:24, numbered to 75)
Those who get cards in volume are in for a treat from Rittenhouse. The company is offering three levels of incentives.
A six-case order will yield a two-card puzzle sketch featuring the work of Meghan Hetrik.
Nine-case order: a four-card puzzle sketch featuring the work of Warren Martinek
18-case order: 10 two-card sketch puzzles, red parallel set, and Avengers vs. X-Men, Battle Scars and Gold Plastic chase sets.
Each box costs $120 from Rittenhouse’s website and is scheduled to be released April 17.

Beckett News Rittenhouse previews Marvel Greatest Battles

blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

You know what's even awesomer? Spelling Meghan Hetrick wrong on a sell sheet.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
You know what's even awesomer? Spelling Meghan Hetrick wrong on a sell sheet.
Well, it's not like she a case incentive artist or anything...
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Can't wait for this release. I wonder what other artists are attached to this.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

I guess no HOT BOXES eh? Didn't the last 3 Rittenhouse Marvel releases have em?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

^ Funny you mention that... I was wondering if a regular collector (somebody who might pick up a case or less) has ever 'hit' a hot box? I cannot recall anyone ever posting that they did. I'd love to be proven wrong. Just wondering if they do magically find their way into the collecting world and not just to folks who purchase 1k cases.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
^ Funny you mention that... I was wondering if a regular collector (somebody who might pick up a case or less) has ever 'hit' a hot box? I cannot recall anyone ever posting that they did. I'd love to be proven wrong. Just wondering if they do magically find their way into the collecting world and not just to folks who purchase 1k cases.
I've seen quite a few people selling HOT BOX puzzles on ebay, but only ever seen one or two people bust a case on here and get one. Here's a thread. Apart from the puzzle, he pulled an Owens, Tan, Sta Maria, Hughes, and a pretty sweet magno. Rittenhouse Marvel Bronze Age 1 Case Break

I've already pre-ordered 2 cases of MGB, and for me personally, I would have loved a chance at pulling a sketch puzzle. ^^

/shrug - - - maybe next release.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I think one or two guys that only bought a single case of Bronze Age hit on the mini archive boxes that contained full regular and parallel sets as well as extra sketches... not sure of the total details but if you read through the Scoundrel thread they are there.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Didn't know about the mini archive boxes.

I really wish this release had something like that, or HOT BOXES. Maybe they just haven't announced it yet. *figures crossed

Artists include... and others hmm, I see that list is missing quite a few familiar(popular) names.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well, in the past a hot box = sketch puzzle. But you are getting a puzzle in every box. So are you just hoping for a puzzle that is more than 2 cards? Based on watching Aston Roy Cover's live artcast, I kinda doubt there will be any larger puzzles made. That's because the blank cards are not cut up yet, so I'm not sure the artists would cut them up in order to make larger puzzles.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

No,they never gave us any indication we could do that. I believe the incentive artists may have that part covered if they go that route.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Well, in the past a hot box = sketch puzzle. But you are getting a puzzle in every box. So are you just hoping for a puzzle that is more than 2 cards?
Yes, That's exactly what i'm saying. 4 and 6 card puzzles and maybe a redemption for an 6 or 9 piece puzzle. Just ideas, but yeah most people don't buy enough cases to get an incentive piece. Of course this is something I dislike about Rittenhouse.

Unfortunately they probably thought just that.. why put in hot boxes that include puzzle sketches, when we're already putting a puzzle in every box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
No,they never gave us any indication we could do that. I believe the incentive artists may have that part covered if they go that route.
I hope they do. Probably not though.

Last edited by Ronin; 02-12-2013 at 02:01 PM.