Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about Preordering Star Wars Legacy

I am wanting to pre order a case of star wars legacy.It says you can put down $200.00 dollars.But when I go to check out it is for the full amount.Just wondering how to order with the $200.00 down.Thanks
tazfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default email them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfan View Post
I am wanting to pre order a case of star wars legacy.It says you can put down $200.00 dollars.But when I go to check out it is for the full amount.Just wondering how to order with the $200.00 down.Thanks
I usually email them from their "Contact Us" menu and they send me an invoice for the initial $200.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not to derail the thread, but is anyone else not impressed by what this set has to offer, maybe even a little dissapointed?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm kinda interested in it.I want to see the Chewbacca relic hair and Ewoks relic fur and the Jabba's barge sail.I think this is going to be a hit.That is why i am going to get a case.
tazfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Not to derail the thread, but is anyone else not impressed by what this set has to offer, maybe even a little dissapointed?
No i think its going to be epic and should see more relics in the future
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

REAL Ewok Fur: Swatches from Logray, Teebo, Wicket, and other Return of the Jedi Ewoks

i guess that means real swatches worn by Warwick Davis since hes Wicket?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll let you know what I think once I see the autograph list.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I'll let you know what I think once I see the autograph list.
Ewok #12
Jabba the Hutt's stunt double
Jar Jar Binks voice actor
Storm Trooper #47

Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat, think it looks like a poor release, but the signers list could change that if they get some NEW signers and at least one NEW big name signer
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Have they ever done a Ford/Fisher/Hamill triple auto?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Have they ever done a Ford/Fisher/Hamill triple auto?
i dont think they have even done a star wars dual autograph card.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

I think that the set could be a good one. I would expect the film cel cards to sell very well (better than the manufactured patches) and the relics will pull some real coin.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Did something happen with this set where the boxes and cases are ridiculously cheap now?

I'm shocked by the prices now
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Did something happen with this set where the boxes and cases are ridiculously cheap now?

I'm shocked by the prices now
I'm not. I ordered one box and zero cases because there were no sketches. I understand that other people chase relics and film cels but I am really only interested in autos, sketches and cool inserts. I think the circle insert set concept is cool -- but after considering how much you would need to buy to complete the circle I decided not to play. Was I correct in understanding that the insert rate for the Circle is Now Complete is 1:12 boxes? Or did they switch to packs for that second set of stats?
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I think the circle insert set concept is cool -- but after considering how much you would need to buy to complete the circle I decided not to play. Was I correct in understanding that the insert rate for the Circle is Now Complete is 1:12 boxes? Or did they switch to packs for that second set of stats?
Yeah, the info page on BO is a little confusing. On the insert sets, the odds are per pack. On the hits, the odds are per box. So the Circle is Now Complete cards should be 1:12 packs (2 per box).

On case prices, I think they started out ~$1050, but for the past several weeks they have been around $950, right? I'm pretty sure Galatic Files was available for pre-sale for under $1000, and I think it had better content, so I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Legacy drop more.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
What exactly were you expecting?

My only real issue with the set is that the relics don't really have anything to do with the characters the set is focused on. Kind of weird with the set's focus on Luke/Anakin/Vader that the relics don't follow suit. But I guess they're just running with what they were able to accumulate.

And quite honestly, that's fine by me, I'll take a Star Wars memorabilia piece however I can get it! Just the selection is odd, that's all.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
And quite honestly, that's fine by me, I'll take a Star Wars memorabilia piece however I can get it! Just the selection is odd, that's all.
Agreed, but if all I want is a piece of Ewok (one in five boxes) or Chewie fur (one in thirty boxes), I think I'll just keep my money and pick one up from the breakers after the set hits. There's just too much other stuff you're paying for to get a relic.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed, but if all I want is a piece of Ewok (one in five boxes) or Chewie fur (one in thirty boxes), I think I'll just keep my money and pick one up from the breakers after the set hits. There's just too much other stuff you're paying for to get a relic.
Oh yeah, no arguing that rationale. But is that where the disappointment lies - in the odds? I assumed it was based on the content.

Does this mean you won't be helping me finish off my base set?

SIDE NOTE:
If anybody is looking for a Star Wars "relic" piece that doesn't have to be movie-related, check out the Piece of History pins Disney has been selling in the parks. Among other rides, they have pins that include pieces of things from the original Star Tours rides. The pieces are really small, but it's still pretty cool.

There are others, too.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh yeah, no arguing that rationale. But is that where the disappointment lies - in the odds? I assumed it was based on the content.
Um, yeah for me it was the odds. I assume there are 50+ Ewok suits lying around? I would have no qualms with the Chewie fur being 1:50 boxes -- it's just that ability to own something tactile, you know?

Quote:
Does this mean you won't be helping me finish off my base set?
Depends, for another one of these bad boys, you don't wanna know how far I'm prepared to go

Quote:
SIDE NOTE:
If anybody is looking for a Star Wars "relic" piece that doesn't have to be movie-related, check out the Piece of History pins Disney has been selling in the parks. Among other rides, they have pins that include pieces of things from the original Star Tours rides. The pieces are really small, but it's still pretty cool.

There are others, too.
Thanks for the heads up but 1) I don't know what "Star Tours" is/was, 2) I don't recognize anything on those pins and 3) I assume there's tons of material used to make an amusement park so what's the actual rarity there? I mean is it a piece of the Berlin Wall or Marylin Monroe's bra? Big difference in availability. Any additional info on this or even what I'm looking at in those two pictures?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up but 1) I don't know what "Star Tours" is/was, 2) I don't recognize anything on those pins and 3) I assume there's tons of material used to make an amusement park so what's the actual rarity there? I mean is it a piece of the Berlin Wall or Marylin Monroe's bra? Big difference in availability. Any additional info on this or even what I'm looking at in those two pictures?
Star Tours is the Star Wars ride in Disneyland and Disney World. There were some characters (droids) not found in any of the movies, and the pieces are from them. There are others with pieces of the seats, just various things. Each one tells you exactly what it's from. They recently re-vamped the whole thing so much of it went bye-bye, I guess they cut up some things to make these. As far as rarity goes, they are "limited" editions, something like 1,000-2,000 each, I think? But in the grand scheme of Disney mass-merchandising, this really is kind of rare compared to a lot of their souvenirs.

Like I said, the pieces are VERY small. All right, miniscule. But I love Disney World and I love Star Wars, so getting one of these for myself was a no-brainer.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Star Tours is the Star Wars ride in Disneyland and Disney World. There were some characters (droids) not found in any of the movies, and the pieces are from them. There are others with pieces of the seats, just various things. Each one tells you exactly what it's from. They recently re-vamped the whole thing so much of it went bye-bye, I guess they cut up some things to make these. As far as rarity goes, they are "limited" editions, something like 1,000-2,000 each, I think? But in the grand scheme of Disney mass-merchandising, this really is kind of rare compared to a lot of their souvenirs.

Like I said, the pieces are VERY small. All right, miniscule. But I love Disney World and I love Star Wars, so getting one of these for myself was a no-brainer.
I hate derailing threads, but did you get any of the figurine packs for star wars at the parks last year? i bought just a few to set aside as i think they will be collector's items soon. i love DW too!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

I love love love Disney World. Will be getting an annual pass next month. So will be going to the parks quite a bit. Any limited items I should look out for to pick up?

Wonder if there's a site somewhere with a constantly updated list of limited items for sale inside the parks

Edit: I'd like to pick up some merchandise from time to time in the park to either keep and collect or sell online..but unless its posted with the item, I have no idea how to tell the limited items about from the items that will be mass produced and sold for a long time. I know the lanyard pins can go for quite a bit being a collectible item depending on what it is, so guess maybe I should look out for those when I go

Last edited by CAS239; 03-07-2013 at 02:16 PM.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I hate derailing threads,
It's ok, I already did it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
but did you get any of the figurine packs for star wars at the parks last year? i bought just a few to set aside as i think they will be collector's items soon. i love DW too!
Nope. I saw some last time I was there, just didn't pull the trigger. I don't even remember the last time I bought an action figure for myself, there's just no room for them.