Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,198
Default

I just don't know why I never got the nod to do the WD tv show set. Maybe I need to send crypt some realistic stuff to see.
Hey Chuck, a price would help.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

If your card doesn't sell within 24-48 hours, most likely your price is too high. Having a card sit at $1000 for 19 days, then dropping it to $650, then raising it back up to $1000 with no action means that your price is too high.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Chuck Bartowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
I just don't know why I never got the nod to do the WD tv show set. Maybe I need to send crypt some realistic stuff to see.
Hey Chuck, a price would help.
I honestly don't know...I haven't kept track of prices on the comic set as I don't collect it. cujobyte may have an idea as he opened a bunch of the product.
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,198
Default

Thanks, I know a few of my pack pulled WDC cards went for around a hunnret bucks so maybe a 150-200 range could be viable.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
Thanks, I know a few of my pack pulled WDC cards went for around a hunnret bucks so maybe a 150-200 range could be viable.
WD has a pretty solid following. Whatever rules you've been using for your Marvel and Batman stuff seem to have been doing you right... not broken, don't fix it
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,198
Default

Only problem with Crypt is we have strict guidelines for what we can and cannot do beyond the obvious. Like we can't do any recreations of the comics like covers or scenes and we can't use the tv versions of the characters. The WD tv series seems to be all about realistic versions of the characters head. Heh.
WEll I only have 3 AP's so maybe one Micchone one Rick and one zombie or group of zoms

Last edited by justice41; 02-12-2013 at 06:31 PM.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Every time I sent a PM, you responded with "No". People here are so hyper-sensitive about deals on here, I wanted to know where I stood before making a real offer. You just never let me get to that point. Hell, it took 4 PMs to get you to say that you would do $700, that's when I laughed and chalked it up to a lost cause.
I'm confused...... What's a "real" offer?
Fboothiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,638
Default

I'm not sure what's going on in this thread.

I will state this: No sketches sold in the last year compare to the sketch prices received for WD sketches, and that includes "Marvel Premiere".

And anyone on scoundrel, or any of the dealers will agree with me.

As far as the OP, and the seller of this card, well I always try to avoid ebay and deal direct if at all possible.

As far as the WD comic set, that's another beast. Highest sketch I sold from that set was only $150, as opposed to $400 for Season 2. Then again, I'm keeping 90% of my collection for the set.


Now, back to my BBT preorders.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fboothiii View Post
I'm confused...... What's a "real" offer?
Apparently he didn't "Submit Best Offer" he just pm'd the seller with offers even though BO was available -- at least that is how I'm reading it
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
Only problem with Crypt is we have strict guidelines for what we can and cannot do beyond the obvious. Like we can't do any recreations of the comics like covers or scenes and we can't use the tv versions of the characters. The WD tv series seems to be all about realistic versions of the characters head. Heh.
WEll I only have 3 AP's so maybe one Micchone one Rick and one zombie or group of zoms
For WD comic set you can't do any comic cover recreations? that is ridiculous! there are a couple of pretty epic covers that would command and nice price as a sketch card
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Posts: 2,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
If your card doesn't sell within 24-48 hours, most likely your price is too high. Having a card sit at $1000 for 19 days, then dropping it to $650, then raising it back up to $1000 with no action means that your price is too high.
You do realize that some people have lives and do not check ebay every waking hour right? You also realize that new collectors come into the marketplace all the time, correct?

Who is to say that the seller is any more motivated to move their sketch than you are to move your season 1 patch that you knowingly have at an absurd "look at what you don't have, but I do" price. Folks do that all the time and if someone happens to bite, well then you sure don't regret selling it.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fboothiii View Post
I'm confused...... What's a "real" offer?
I was fishing for what he was really looking for as $1000 was retardedly too high. Had he replied, "I would consider $550 but I would really like to get $600", then I would've had my base for what he realistically wanted and I would have made a formal offer at that time. It took a while but I finally got "$700" out of him and I knew it was a lost cause. You will learn on here that, if you make an offer, sellers may consider that set in stone. Then, if it falls through, you get a negative and blasted on the trader threads. I wanted to be 100% sure that I knew that the offer I was making was in his wheelhouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
You do realize that some people have lives and do not check ebay every waking hour right? You also realize that new collectors come into the marketplace all the time, correct?

Who is to say that the seller is any more motivated to move their sketch than you are to move your season 1 patch that you knowingly have at an absurd "look at what you don't have, but I do" price. Folks do that all the time and if someone happens to bite, well then you sure don't regret selling it.
Yes, but you have to also realize that A LOT of buyers DO surf Ebay every 10 minutes or so, looking for what they want. The buyer that does not do that will lose out to the buyers that will. And, all that matters in the end, is that the card gets sold. If you don't sell a card within 24-48 hours upon release, then your price is too high. I stick by that statement and you only need to look at the new BBT cards to see that it's true.

Part 2: This does not ring true as the seller of the sketch did, indeed, want to sell the card. If I truly wanted to sell my Rick patch, I would start it out at 0.99 and let it ride.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 02-12-2013 at 09:11 PM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Posts: 2,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I was fishing for what he was really looking for as $1000 was retardedly too high. Had he replied, "I would consider $550 but I would really like to get $600", then I would've had my base for what he realistically wanted and I would have made a formal offer at that time. It took a while but I finally got "$700" out of him and I knew it was a lost cause. You will learn on here that, if you make an offer, sellers may consider that set in stone. Then, if it falls through, you get a negative and blasted on the trader threads. I wanted to be 100% sure that I knew that the offer I was making was in his wheelhouse.
To me this is just silly, regardless of what a person is asking make your best play for it with an actual offer and stand by it. Why shouldn't a seller consider any offer as "set in stone". Honestly, I would not give anyone the time of day if that is the way they wanted to conduct business. I have a price on something, if you want to make an offer...do so, don't ask the seller to negotiate against themself. If you had something to sell and you offered up a price, shoudn't THAT be "set in stone" as well, even if it is well below value?
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
To me this is just silly, regardless of what a person is asking make your best play for it with an actual offer and stand by it. Why shouldn't a seller consider any offer as "set in stone". Honestly, I would not give anyone the time of day if that is the way they wanted to conduct business. I have a price on something, if you want to make an offer...do so, don't ask the seller to negotiate against themself. If you had something to sell and you offered up a price, shoudn't THAT be "set in stone" as well, even if it is well below value?
That's your opinion but I'm not going to make it easy for you as a seller. My job is to get you down as far as I can, your job is to get the most out of me. Part of the fishing is to remain coy and not give up how badly I want the card, which is something sellers can use against you. If I pretend like I'm "somewhat" interested, then the seller might be afraid to lose me as a buyer and may come down even more.

In this case, the seller cost himself probably $150-$200 and, in the end, I'm happy because I didn't get caught up in emotion and overpay.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 02-12-2013 at 09:46 PM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,155
Default

I sell lots of stuff, including sketch cards, after more than 24-48 hours. Hell... most of my 30 day BIN/BO listings have sold on day 30 at the BIN price. People stick things on their watch list and forget about them until they get to the top. I would actually argue the exact opposite - if your card sells within 48 hours you probably under-priced it. Most non-sports sets stay hot long enough that it isn't necessary to unload your stuff within 48 hours. Just my opinion based on my experience as mostly a buyer but sometimes a seller.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I sell lots of stuff, including sketch cards, after more than 24-48 hours. Hell... most of my 30 day BIN/BO listings have sold on day 30 at the BIN price. People stick things on their watch list and forget about them until they get to the top. I would actually argue the exact opposite - if your card sells within 48 hours you probably under-priced it. Most non-sports sets stay hot long enough that it isn't necessary to unload your stuff within 48 hours. Just my opinion based on my experience as mostly a buyer but sometimes a seller.
I agree that you might have sold too low BUT if it's not hit or you have an acceptable/reasonable offer within 24-48 hours then it's listed too high.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dunkerton, Iowa
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Part 2: This does not ring true as the seller of the sketch did, indeed, want to sell the card. If I truly wanted to sell my Rick patch, I would start it out at 0.99 and let it ride.
Its simple, he wants to sell the sketch IF it goes for what he feels is an acceptable if not he doesn't want to sell it. You can want to sell something for the right price, and not want to sell if you don't get that price. Might sit there for ten years but its his card so he can burn it if he wants. But its up to him what it sells for and if someone doesnt agree with that itll sit there until someone does or he decides to take less. His sketch is arguably one of the best/better ones in the set and was used for a teaser for those cards so if someone wants it they better pay up cause there aint another one of em to buy.

So basically this thread should be titled "I'm pissed I didn't get a card at the price I choose, so I'm gonna attempt to make the seller feel stupid."
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #43 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapz01 View Post
So basically this thread should be titled "I'm pissed I didn't get a card at the price I choose, so I'm gonna attempt to make the seller feel stupid."
Now THAT is classic!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapz01 View Post
So basically this thread should be titled "I'm pissed I didn't get a card at the price I choose, so I'm gonna attempt to make the seller feel stupid."
It should be "thanks greedy seller for not letting me pay you $100 more than its worth."

Or

"I usually know what I am taking about, so ya'll should listen up."

$450, reserve not met, that is fact. I was willing to offer $550, that is fact. Seller didn't want to sell for less than $700, that is fact. Card is only worth $450 on the open market, that is fact.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 02-15-2013 at 06:43 PM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dunkerton, Iowa
Posts: 91
Default

Even worse are the comic sketches. You can buy a box for $70-80 and people are asking $100+ for a sketch. Why not just buy a box, more fun and youll get a sketch.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapz01 View Post
Even worse are the comic sketches. You can buy a box for $70-80 and people are asking $100+ for a sketch. Why not just buy a box, more fun and youll get a sketch.
because not everyone pulls a sketch that will sell for over a hundred bucks. most sketches from those boxes sell between $15 and $50.

there are sketches up on ebay listed for as much as $500, others even more. will they sell at that price, I don't know. Chances of pulling a high end sketch like that are especially low when you buy loose boxes.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,905
Default

there's a babe ruth relic available for $500 - i think i will just buy a box of topps series 2 for $40 instead!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
mcgahee21nfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
That's your opinion but I'm not going to make it easy for you as a seller. My job is to get you down as far as I can, your job is to get the most out of me. Part of the fishing is to remain coy and not give up how badly I want the card, which is something sellers can use against you. If I pretend like I'm "somewhat" interested, then the seller might be afraid to lose me as a buyer and may come down even more.

In this case, the seller cost himself probably $150-$200 and, in the end, I'm happy because I didn't get caught up in emotion and overpay.
And apparently your job is to not make an offer at all, and mock the seller not only for his price, but for an offer you didn't even make. Talk about colossally wasting peoples time.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
mcgahee21nfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Never got the chance, bud. I would've paid $550, probably $600. But every PM was answered with a No. We're at different areas, he wants to sell which is why he sent it auction. I won't do that because I don't want to sell. Common sense would've answered your question, Iggy.
"A certain someone here should've taken the $550 that I offered for a certain sketch a few weeks ago."

-

Don't you see the massive contradiction? And you are trying to get everyone to notice your warped sense of rationale.... Yet you still forget this is a message board, so we can only see what your typed word, and you clearly lie.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
And apparently your job is to not make an offer at all, and mock the seller not only for his price, but for an offer you didn't even make. Talk about colossally wasting peoples time.
Again, reading is fundamental. I would've made of the offer had the seller been reasonable with his responses. In the end, he told me $700 and I told him goodbye. The money was standing by, all he had to do was say, "Yes, I would consider $550" but it was a flat out No. I got what I wanted, which was for him to make the first move.

The first person to make the first offer always loses the negotiations. He made the first offer, he lost the negotiation with it.

Card is back up, by the way.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.