Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHotz View Post
Would I be trolling if I said every sketch (outside of Hall/Glebe) over $100 is over-valued?
The Glebe twinz are worth the money.

Charles Hall however is generic and not worth it.

Last edited by THE_BEAST; 02-26-2013 at 03:45 AM.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
The Glebe twinz are worth the money.

Charles Hall however is generic and not worth it.
You cant be serious

lucky4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4444 View Post
You cant be serious
Yes, I am serious.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #79 (permalink)

I was offered $1000 via PM within 3 minutes of me posting my Daryl Sketch Card...i graciously declined, for me to have pulled that card on Xmas day, on my 4th case was a dream come true....they are what they are worth nothing more than what they are worth to the eye of the beholder....I remember I paid $750 last year for a 4 piece SHAY puzzle of Andrea shooting Amy and I was called everything under the sun, now those cards are priceless to me...Just saying...
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #80 (permalink)

Heres the 4 piece Shay Puzzle from S1 Sellers SIGNIFICANTLY over-valuing Walking Dead Season 2 Sketches....-wdsketchcardpuzzle.jpg
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #81 (permalink)

I don't own a sketch by either Glebe brother or Hall, but this is my general take on it. The Glebes put their full effort into every card. Hall does not. In my opinion, that puts the Glebes on a different level than Hall. There certainly are Hall cards that would fall in the same price range as the Glebes. The difference is that EVERY Glebe falls in that price range while only a portion of Hall's cards do, and that portion is looking like it gets smaller and smaller with each set.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't own a sketch by either Glebe brother or Hall, but this is my general take on it. The Glebes put their full effort into every card. Hall does not. In my opinion, that puts the Glebes on a different level than Hall. There certainly are Hall cards that would fall in the same price range as the Glebes. The difference is that EVERY Glebe falls in that price range while only a portion of Hall's cards do, and that portion is looking like it gets smaller and smaller with each set.
I'll agree with you, but it's been a pretty recent development for Hall, really only in Marvel Bronze Age and Batman: The Legend. I think all of his Walking Dead sketches were top notch.

It will be interesting to see if Hall continues to do a portion of his cards in the quicker, less detailed style or if he will cut back on the number of projects he does and goes back to all of his cards being fully painted. Looking at recently completed ebay auctions, it looks like prices on all of his sketches (including the fully painted ones) have been hurt by what he did for Marvel Bronze and Batman.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I'll agree with you, but it's been a pretty recent development for Hall, really only in Marvel Bronze Age and Batman: The Legend. I think all of his Walking Dead sketches were top notch.

It will be interesting to see if Hall continues to do a portion of his cards in the quicker, less detailed style or if he will cut back on the number of projects he does and goes back to all of his cards being fully painted. Looking at recently completed ebay auctions, it looks like prices on all of his sketches (including the fully painted ones) have been hurt by what he did for Marvel Bronze and Batman.
I'm sure that he will only consider the impact on prices of his APs. More cards = more APs, so he can still make more money by doing more cards even at a lower price. It all depends on what he wants his "hourly rate" to be and what his best strategy is to obtain that. But yes, I agree - a year ago any Hall would have been considered a hit.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote